How did you hear about us?

Kazgrim

Re: How did you hear about us?

Post by Kazgrim » Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 am

I looked at reddit. They have a subreddit called wow private servers. I was interested in the "Custom" private server category, and saw Turtle WoW described as a vanilla roleplaying server.

A vanilla roleplaying server is really something unique and Turtle WoW is the first I've ever seen described as such. That's what got me interested!

I recommend posting on places like reddit for advertisements!
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 am

Your reddit topic about a sands of time feature.
Belladonna Wintersong
NE Warrior
Takoda Mistmane
Tauren Shaman

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 pm

The place I usually find servers is the list on reddit's /wowservers list. I don't remember where I ended up finding it. I think it was DKPminus as well. Cute video, by the way.

I joined because the only other server I know that is 1x and allows multiboxing is Kronos I, and I did not have the best experience there. I think account trading over there is too rampant, because there are too many max leveled players over there that have no idea what they're doing.

Anyway, Roleplay is neat. I've had IRP installed since.. before The Rebirth closed, so it's really cool to be on a server where suddenly everyone has character descriptions.

The server is good. Nothing all that game breaking. I'm not sure I'd quit over anything just yet.

Philpot80

Post by Philpot80 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Honestly i saw the ad on reddit wow private servers or something that it was pretty new and you can experience every single quest so i thought they must be fully working since i have never done all quests before so it was fun. Small community is good for me when you can see same people online and chat with them. Also cool GMs and AH monopoly from time to time on certain items :D

Purplefox

Post by Purplefox » Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 pm

How I heard: A friend of mine found it after literally googling "Vanilla WoW servers".

Why I stayed: I've had a lot of fun, was immediately greeted by a very kind and helpful person who's character is "Belladonna". Then, while levelling, I ran into "Sweet" the guild leader of "Molten Core Salvage Ops" over on Alliance side and once again was greeted with kindness and helpfulness. I've joined that guild and never looked back. Every member is kind and always helps each other out with items / patterns / tips / dungeons, ect. Even from other members of the server I've had nothing but joyful experiences. Honestly I stay mostly for the community; I might be quiet and mostly just listen / lurk but I'm still proud to say I play here.

Swampstalker

Post by Swampstalker » Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Played pvp vanilla server, did not like been ganked. Wanted to change class.
Googled "pve vanilla server" found turtle-wow. Played few hours, it was fun. Read next day description lower xp rates... Logged in after work because quest areas was not battlegrounds and no fighting over quest items and boars etc. Hoping for more hordes to be able to find groups more often for dungeons/quests.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 pm

For me a turtle flew by and whispered all the info i needed to start over here.

Moriens

Post by Moriens » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am

Found ya'll by accident from youtube. Random video auto-played from dodgykebaab's review.

Kizzi

Post by Kizzi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Moriens wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Found ya'll by accident from youtube. Random video auto-played from dodgykebaab's review.
I've actually watched their official trailer on reddit and it got my attention.

Commiskey

Post by Commiskey » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am

I rolled a couple of characters on Symmetry last year with friends.. had an absolute blast questing after so many years away ( left Retail after WOTLK).
Unfortunately account appears to no longer exist after a few months off the server, so Google'd PvE vanilla WoW and here I am. Only been involved a couple of days and already spent most of my time questing with others. Very much appreciate the easygoing environment. Also just pulled the trigger on Hardcore at lvl 9. smiling_turtle_head

Knirps

Post by Knirps » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:35 am

Moriens wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Seen the video of Dodgy too, but already found out about Turtle Wow before by searching on google for a vanilla server

(this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSLJnp-0Sf4)

Trippedover

Post by Trippedover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Over the last year I've played plenty private servers I put alot of time in at Light's Hope but i was looking for a more RP focused server. I saw Dodgy's video and loved the concept, I really hope the server manages a long life time. I've enjoyed myself and I've only ran into a handful of people. :)

Shnazzer

Post by Shnazzer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:46 am

Watched a youtube video by dodgy kebab recommending you guys :)

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm

I watched dodgykababs video on youtube and that made me want to play here