How did you hear about us?

Torta

How did you hear about us?

Post by Torta » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Greetings! We are constantly trying to improve our server advertisements. You can help us by telling us how you found Turtle WoW and what convinced you to remain on our server.

We are looking forward for your replies. Thank you!

Skippy1969

Re: How did you hear about us?

Post by Skippy1969 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm

I saw your ad on DKPminus while searching for a vanilla WoW server. I was convinced to stay because of my guild.

Ferragini

Post by Ferragini » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm

a good deal of google search for "wow pve server"

there are lots of people looking for this :)

Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey there, I found about this server because I wanted to play Vanilla wow again, and of all the other options, I decided to create an account on this site mostly because it 'looked' better than other websites, lol

- Hardmode
- Sands of Time
- Admin dedication

Those are the reasons why Im playing here.

Tsencha

Post by Tsencha » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Just did a google search of private vanilla realms and found Turtle-Wow! Very happy I did - wasn't happy with the current state of retail WoW and wanted an alternative. I was on Northdale, but since their annoucement of shutting down, I wanted to find a new place to call home; somewhere calm where I can level and potentially get into RP again. I had RP'd on retail, but not on a private server. Hoping that this will become my permanent home!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I've been watching some vanilla streamers on twitch, then found out they store some vids on YouTube as well. Seen some on YouTube and then found in the recommended section that very first trailer for Turtle WoW...

That music, that "Peace, friend." and the reply to it "'ello, mon!" nailed me with such a strong nostalgia and the feeling of how exquisite vanilla used to be that it made me research the info on the server.

When I found out they have actually LOWERED XP RATES, I instantly hoped in.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Shiznaught

Post by Shiznaught » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 pm

I saw your post on the wowservers subreddit and like others mentioned here, was intrigued by your hardcore approach. Not because I am a glutton for pain, but because I thought it might scare away toxic players. I'm not sure that's an advertising line you can use, but it's what drew me in.

The other major thing was that while poking around it seemed like this was really a labor of love and that you guys seemed to have a very polished product with a dedicated team behind it. I dropped out of Nost/Elysium before the scandals hit to play on a WotLK server but I think that for a lot of people these days, integrity of the team is important.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

You popped up on my facebook page when you started advertising it.

Mythonhaos

Post by Mythonhaos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am

I did a google search for wow vanilla pve private server. Up came Symmetry WoW and Turtle WoW. I clicked on the youtube video for Turtle WoW and was sold :) I have only been here a week, but like what I see so far. Thank you for the extra touches that don't break the game.

Gorxen

Post by Gorxen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm

I googled "vanilla pve servers" and this server came within the first page of results

Siroko

Post by Siroko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Gorxen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm
I googled "vanilla pve servers" and this server came within the first page of results
That, indeed.

Reason I stayed and keep playing is because I see the server is well maintained by the staff
Community, though low is really friendly
The tweaks made, the extra stuff added are all well thought of and are not interfering with the vanilla experience and they are nice for a change to what we got used to.
Overall, if population rises a bit so party/raids and AH can start kicking in effectively it will be a hella great server to invest your time.

Dooble

Post by Dooble » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Found the server on DKPminus. Stayed because of the friendly community and active staff/updates.

Memoich

Post by Memoich » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Saw a post from the Facebook page a couple of months ago.

Glowek

Post by Glowek » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:13 pm

I watched your video on Facebook and this one got me ;)

Latchit

Post by Latchit » Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 am

I was working on some photos on my PC and I had wow videos on auto play on one screen while I worked on the other. Your video came up and I got me my family and some friends as well to join the server, we are having a blast :)