Slow & Steady

Editserver

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Editserver » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am

Hi, I am super new to the server and want to give some feedback from my perspective.

My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.

Maybe introducing an item you can use once or twice a day, which would make you not loose xp on death for the next 60 minutes or so would be a good compromise? Just an idea.

Cheers and thx for the great server!

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am

I made similar point on that already. XP penalty in dungeons works against population available for that purpose.
However there is slight counter to that when playing hardcore, you get full xp from kills inside dungeons. So while it's better not to die, when it happens it's not that difficult to offset the loss, as long as you don't die too many times.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Editserver wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am
My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.
I see two options to solve your issue; 1) you bail out of hardcore to keep playing normally and 2) you become a bit picky on who you party with. Inspect people's gear and ask questions if they know what to do here and there.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.

Torta

Re: Turtle Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:01 pm

We are going to rename this mode to the Turtle Mode in order to minimize the confusion between upcoming Mortal/Hardcore Mode and our present Hardcore Mode.

Go Turtles!

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Nice change, it’s easy to tell it from the coming one life/ hardcore mode.

Dasajj

Post by Dasajj » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:22 pm

The name fits so well I’m surprised we didn’t use it earlier.

Adso777

Re: Slow & Steady

Post by Adso777 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:42 am

Can Turtle Mode be used on top of the new Hardcore Mode?

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am

Yes :)

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, the death penalty was 10% of the experience needed to gain the next level, and you could de-level from it. It was absolutely devastating. But it also weeded out people who weren’t taking it seriously. I had a lot of great memories playing it.
Duvall
Velissa
Calmore
Malcore
Splodax

Pofhc

Post by Pofhc » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 am

Moonsinner wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm
What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.
Makes you party ... hard.

And I enjoy leveling the Turtle Mode. Enjoying the game much more now I have more zones to explore.
Just dinged lvl 20 yesterday and looking forward to hit lvl 30 for them sweet rewards turtle_in_love_head
= Lets try to get this one to 60 =
Manjo

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 pm

So... this Hardcore Master's Tabard. Sounds like something that should be associated with the new HC mode, and not so much Turtle mode?

Maybe a Turtle Tabard instead?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Clear WDB :) It's Turtle WoW Tabard now!

Yvory

Post by Yvory » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:29 pm

As being a newcomer into the server, Id think it would be wise to explain how to do it, because it has not apparantly;

Steedy is a summonable pet in your skillbook, you gotta summon him and choose glyph, glyph of the turtle. An item will be added in your keyring which will activate the "mode". If you feel bad about it you can pretty much delete and you'll be "normal" again.

I guess rewards come at lvl 10, I have yet to see how(mail or talk to speedy again I guess)

Msyutani

Post by Msyutani » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm

I still have Glyph of Hardcore as I started it before it was Turtle Mode... do I need to update it?