Challenge: Slow & Steady

Yuzu

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Yuzu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello, I do not agree with these changes in the death penalty, the role server and hard core mode lost the fun because you can no longer risk doing elite or difficult missions alone, because it is well known that there are few people in the server, you are on a map leveling alone, you get tired of requesting a group in the general chat and nobody writes you, so to level up they recommend doing low-level missions, what's funny about that? In addition to erasing the previous rewards that I had already obtained, such as Illusion: Blood Elf, I think I will take a break from this server for now.

Myroku

Post by Myroku » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Good morning, death penalty does not seem right to me, one of the most exciting things is to dedicate effort to doing difficult missions and after a lot of effort to complete them and receive your well-deserved reward, something that is definitely not possible because a mission is not Enough to recover from the 5% penalty and that discourages us from continuing to play. Many say that you deactivate the hard core mode if you don't like it but instead of deactivating the hard core mode I would prefer to change servers because the ones I like the most about turtle wow is that they reward you every 10 levels for your efforts, but instead the penalty of 5% what it does is get frustrated
PS: I use translate.google.co.ve. sorry if something is not understood xD

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:02 am
I feel that you'll miss a lot of people who'd try hardcore mode out by changing the threshold to toggle HC mode from lvl 10 to 1. New players will often not know about all the features of the server and won't know this is available until after having played for a few hours so then if they care to go HC mode they'll have to reroll.
Raistlin, I had the same thought and proposed a starting quest from Speedy (or any other NPC that is suitable, but I would hope everyone wonders about the free turtle in their backpack and clicks the box once) to bring attention to Hardmode and actively prompt a yes/no choice about it.
[H] Sachatamia / Rhaco / Pollywog

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:30 am

Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm
In addition to erasing the previous rewards that I had already obtained, such as Illusion: Blood Elf, I think I will take a break from this server for now.
Blood / High Elf illusions have been removed because we're getting closer to the introduction of the real High Elf race. However, you won't lose this item if already have it. If you lost item due some server error or human mistake, please fill up a ticket and we'll restore it for you :)

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 am

It's possible to lower XP penalties if the general reception isn't good. We won't rush with this decision, still gathering feedback.

Anderyu

Post by Anderyu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am

Maybe we need to have a “slow” or “turtle” mode that has the same openworld-only mob-kill-only reduced exp of 50%, and a “hard” mode that does include exp loss and such, with different rewards.

My opinion is that there is nothing inherently hard about a slight exp reduction to one very specific aspect of exp gains. It just lets me enjoy all of the quests.

Hardmodes on other games reduce your stats, increase the badguys stats, gives exp/resource loss for death, perma-death. Makes the game more challenging, not more grindy.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

Jam

Post by Jam » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 pm

I think the death penalty and rewards update is great! As Torta stated, hardcore initially wasn't hardcore at all. While I'd be all for even more difficult avenues to play, what has been implemented increases the risk and incentive to play well and also spreads the rewards across all levels more consistently. If they decided to implement a turtle mode, to slow experience but not add the risk of death, I think the rewards for that mode should be minimal, if existent at all. These are all optional modes. If you think the risk is too great, toss the glyph.
“The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there.. and still on your feet.”

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 pm

Anderyu wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am
Maybe we need to have a “slow” or “turtle” mode that has the same openworld-only mob-kill-only reduced exp of 50%, and a “hard” mode that does include exp loss and such, with different rewards.

My opinion is that there is nothing inherently hard about a slight exp reduction to one very specific aspect of exp gains. It just lets me enjoy all of the quests.

Hardmodes on other games reduce your stats, increase the badguys stats, gives exp/resource loss for death, perma-death. Makes the game more challenging, not more grindy.
Sorry but I find it's very confusing to have multiply hardcore modes, not worth time implementing. For a slower mode you can get "Glyph of Exhaustion" tho :)

Anderyu

Post by Anderyu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm

Thanks Torta, I did not know of that other glyph. I have to agree with Jam in that these changes make hardmode hard, imposing a bit of challenge. Love the server and keep up all the good work.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm

To clarify, if I no longer want to play hard mode on a character that I had enabled hardmode on before the changes, can I delete the glyph? Or am I stuck forever?
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Jam

Post by Jam » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Supremorie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm
To clarify, if I no longer want to play hard mode on a character that I had enabled hardmode on before the changes, can I delete the glyph? Or am I stuck forever?
You can delete the glyph at any time.
“The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there.. and still on your feet.”

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:23 pm

Jam wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm
Supremorie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm
You can delete the glyph at any time.
And that stops the hardmode from being enabled? Awesome. Thanks!
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Nubz

Post by Nubz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 am

Just about all of you are totally missing the point of having a hc mode.

I can't imagine those who that think it is such a horrible thing playing most any game that I grew up on in the late 70's to early 90's(stfu so what I am old lol).
You would play for 5 minutes and never game again.

Anyway just my 2 cents not trying to attack anyone or start stuff just commenting.

There is no HC without an exp loss penalty for dying in an rpg.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:39 am

Nubz wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 am
Just about all of you are totally missing the point of having a hc mode.

I can't imagine those who that think it is such a horrible thing playing most any game that I grew up on in the late 70's to early 90's(stfu so what I am old lol).
You would play for 5 minutes and never game again.

Anyway just my 2 cents not trying to attack anyone or start stuff just commenting.

There is no HC without an exp loss penalty for dying in an rpg.
Are you saying that in your opinion TWoW's HC mode should have an exp loss? It does. It's 5% of a total level, roughly half of what you'd lose in a normal level in vanilla EverQuest (or about equal to what you'd lose in a Hell Level), to put it in early 90's gaming terms.
Unlike EQ though, you can't delevel in TWoW from xp loss due to death.

Rytzobe

Post by Rytzobe » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi. Began playing here a bit ago, but I think this should be on front page. This gives an edge of gameplay for most of the players who've been playing the game for some time, or returning. I don't think many go in the forums before advancing multiple levels into the game.

Editserver

Post by Editserver » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am

Hi, I am super new to the server and want to give some feedback from my perspective.

My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.

Maybe introducing an item you can use once or twice a day, which would make you not loose xp on death for the next 60 minutes or so would be a good compromise? Just an idea.

Cheers and thx for the great server!

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am

I made similar point on that already. XP penalty in dungeons works against population available for that purpose.
However there is slight counter to that when playing hardcore, you get full xp from kills inside dungeons. So while it's better not to die, when it happens it's not that difficult to offset the loss, as long as you don't die too many times.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Editserver wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am
My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.
I see two options to solve your issue; 1) you bail out of hardcore to keep playing normally and 2) you become a bit picky on who you party with. Inspect people's gear and ask questions if they know what to do here and there.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.

Torta

Re: Turtle Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:01 pm

We are going to rename this mode to the Turtle Mode in order to minimize the confusion between upcoming Mortal/Hardcore Mode and our present Hardcore Mode.

Go Turtles!

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Nice change, it’s easy to tell it from the coming one life/ hardcore mode.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:22 pm

The name fits so well I’m surprised we didn’t use it earlier.

Adso777

Re: Slow & Steady

Post by Adso777 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:42 am

Can Turtle Mode be used on top of the new Hardcore Mode?

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am

Yes :)

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, the death penalty was 10% of the experience needed to gain the next level, and you could de-level from it. It was absolutely devastating. But it also weeded out people who weren’t taking it seriously. I had a lot of great memories playing it.
Duvall 60 Hunter
Velissa 35 Priest
Calmore 60 Shaman Tank
Malcore 45 Warlock
Splodax 28 Rogue
Ghostbc 40 Paladin
Hanami 60 Druid
Reidobosu 34 Warrior

Pofhc

Post by Pofhc » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 am

Moonsinner wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm
What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.
Makes you party ... hard.

And I enjoy leveling the Turtle Mode. Enjoying the game much more now I have more zones to explore.
Just dinged lvl 20 yesterday and looking forward to hit lvl 30 for them sweet rewards turtle_in_love_head
= Lets try to get this one to 60 =
Manjo

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 pm

So... this Hardcore Master's Tabard. Sounds like something that should be associated with the new HC mode, and not so much Turtle mode?

Maybe a Turtle Tabard instead?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Clear WDB :) It's Turtle WoW Tabard now!

Yvory

Post by Yvory » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:29 pm

As being a newcomer into the server, Id think it would be wise to explain how to do it, because it has not apparantly;

Steedy is a summonable pet in your skillbook, you gotta summon him and choose glyph, glyph of the turtle. An item will be added in your keyring which will activate the "mode". If you feel bad about it you can pretty much delete and you'll be "normal" again.

I guess rewards come at lvl 10, I have yet to see how(mail or talk to speedy again I guess)

Msyutani

Post by Msyutani » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm

I still have Glyph of Hardcore as I started it before it was Turtle Mode... do I need to update it?

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:10 am

You need to clear WDB :)

Msyutani

Post by Msyutani » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:23 am

Aha of course, thank you!

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:04 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm
Clear WDB :) It's Turtle WoW Tabard now!
EUREKA!! My Deathknight has mage powers to change things!!!

Glittergold

Post by Glittergold » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 am

No Title?

Drunhall

Post by Drunhall » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Note that Speedy no longer has the option to enable the mode in his glyph section. You have to talk to one of the Glyph Masters in the starting areas.