Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Editserver

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Editserver » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am

Hi, I am super new to the server and want to give some feedback from my perspective.

My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.

Maybe introducing an item you can use once or twice a day, which would make you not loose xp on death for the next 60 minutes or so would be a good compromise? Just an idea.

Cheers and thx for the great server!

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am

I made similar point on that already. XP penalty in dungeons works against population available for that purpose.
However there is slight counter to that when playing hardcore, you get full xp from kills inside dungeons. So while it's better not to die, when it happens it's not that difficult to offset the loss, as long as you don't die too many times.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Editserver wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am
My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.
I see two options to solve your issue; 1) you bail out of hardcore to keep playing normally and 2) you become a bit picky on who you party with. Inspect people's gear and ask questions if they know what to do here and there.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.