Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Yuzu
Posts: 4

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Yuzu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello, I do not agree with these changes in the death penalty, the role server and hard core mode lost the fun because you can no longer risk doing elite or difficult missions alone, because it is well known that there are few people in the server, you are on a map leveling alone, you get tired of requesting a group in the general chat and nobody writes you, so to level up they recommend doing low-level missions, what's funny about that? In addition to erasing the previous rewards that I had already obtained, such as Illusion: Blood Elf, I think I will take a break from this server for now.

Myroku
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Myroku » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Good morning, death penalty does not seem right to me, one of the most exciting things is to dedicate effort to doing difficult missions and after a lot of effort to complete them and receive your well-deserved reward, something that is definitely not possible because a mission is not Enough to recover from the 5% penalty and that discourages us from continuing to play. Many say that you deactivate the hard core mode if you don't like it but instead of deactivating the hard core mode I would prefer to change servers because the ones I like the most about turtle wow is that they reward you every 10 levels for your efforts, but instead the penalty of 5% what it does is get frustrated
PS: I use translate.google.co.ve. sorry if something is not understood xD

User avatar
Rhaco
Posts: 42

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Rhaco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:02 am
I feel that you'll miss a lot of people who'd try hardcore mode out by changing the threshold to toggle HC mode from lvl 10 to 1. New players will often not know about all the features of the server and won't know this is available until after having played for a few hours so then if they care to go HC mode they'll have to reroll.
Raistlin, I had the same thought and proposed a starting quest from Speedy (or any other NPC that is suitable, but I would hope everyone wonders about the free turtle in their backpack and clicks the box once) to bring attention to Hardmode and actively prompt a yes/no choice about it.
[H] Sachatamia / Rhaco / Pollywog

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 617

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:30 am

Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm
In addition to erasing the previous rewards that I had already obtained, such as Illusion: Blood Elf, I think I will take a break from this server for now.
Blood / High Elf illusions have been removed because we're getting closer to the introduction of the real High Elf race. However, you won't lose this item if already have it. If you lost item due some server error or human mistake, please fill up a ticket and we'll restore it for you :)

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 617

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 am

It's possible to lower XP penalties if the general reception isn't good. We won't rush with this decision, still gathering feedback.

Anderyu
Posts: 17

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Anderyu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am

Maybe we need to have a “slow” or “turtle” mode that has the same openworld-only mob-kill-only reduced exp of 50%, and a “hard” mode that does include exp loss and such, with different rewards.

My opinion is that there is nothing inherently hard about a slight exp reduction to one very specific aspect of exp gains. It just lets me enjoy all of the quests.

Hardmodes on other games reduce your stats, increase the badguys stats, gives exp/resource loss for death, perma-death. Makes the game more challenging, not more grindy.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

User avatar
Jam
Posts: 17
Location: Seville, FL

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Jam » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 pm

I think the death penalty and rewards update is great! As Torta stated, hardcore initially wasn't hardcore at all. While I'd be all for even more difficult avenues to play, what has been implemented increases the risk and incentive to play well and also spreads the rewards across all levels more consistently. If they decided to implement a turtle mode, to slow experience but not add the risk of death, I think the rewards for that mode should be minimal, if existent at all. These are all optional modes. If you think the risk is too great, toss the glyph.
"The reason most people do not recognize an opportunity when they meet it is because it usually goes around wearing overalls and looking like Hard Work."

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 617

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 pm

Anderyu wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am
Maybe we need to have a “slow” or “turtle” mode that has the same openworld-only mob-kill-only reduced exp of 50%, and a “hard” mode that does include exp loss and such, with different rewards.

My opinion is that there is nothing inherently hard about a slight exp reduction to one very specific aspect of exp gains. It just lets me enjoy all of the quests.

Hardmodes on other games reduce your stats, increase the badguys stats, gives exp/resource loss for death, perma-death. Makes the game more challenging, not more grindy.
Sorry but I find it's very confusing to have multiply hardcore modes, not worth time implementing. For a slower mode you can get "Glyph of Exhaustion" tho :)

Anderyu
Posts: 17

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Anderyu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm

Thanks Torta, I did not know of that other glyph. I have to agree with Jam in that these changes make hardmode hard, imposing a bit of challenge. Love the server and keep up all the good work.
Deepblue/Deeperblue

User avatar
Supremorie
Posts: 10

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Supremorie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm

To clarify, if I no longer want to play hard mode on a character that I had enabled hardmode on before the changes, can I delete the glyph? Or am I stuck forever?
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

User avatar
Jam
Posts: 17
Location: Seville, FL

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Jam » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Supremorie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm
To clarify, if I no longer want to play hard mode on a character that I had enabled hardmode on before the changes, can I delete the glyph? Or am I stuck forever?
You can delete the glyph at any time.
"The reason most people do not recognize an opportunity when they meet it is because it usually goes around wearing overalls and looking like Hard Work."

User avatar
Supremorie
Posts: 10

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Supremorie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:23 pm

Jam wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm
Supremorie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm
To clarify, if I no longer want to play hard mode on a character that I had enabled hardmode on before the changes, can I delete the glyph? Or am I stuck forever?
You can delete the glyph at any time.
And that stops the hardmode from being enabled? Awesome. Thanks!
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Nubz
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Nubz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 am

Just about all of you are totally missing the point of having a hc mode.

I can't imagine those who that think it is such a horrible thing playing most any game that I grew up on in the late 70's to early 90's(stfu so what I am old lol).
You would play for 5 minutes and never game again.


Anyway just my 2 cents not trying to attack anyone or start stuff just commenting.

There is no HC without an exp loss penalty for dying in an rpg.

Axoc
Posts: 54

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Axoc » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:39 am

Nubz wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 am
Just about all of you are totally missing the point of having a hc mode.

I can't imagine those who that think it is such a horrible thing playing most any game that I grew up on in the late 70's to early 90's(stfu so what I am old lol).
You would play for 5 minutes and never game again.


Anyway just my 2 cents not trying to attack anyone or start stuff just commenting.

There is no HC without an exp loss penalty for dying in an rpg.
Are you saying that in your opinion TWoW's HC mode should have an exp loss? It does. It's 5% of a total level, roughly half of what you'd lose in a normal level in vanilla EverQuest (or about equal to what you'd lose in a Hell Level), to put it in early 90's gaming terms.
Unlike EQ though, you can't delevel in TWoW from xp loss due to death.

Rytzobe
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Rytzobe » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi. Began playing here a bit ago, but I think this should be on front page. This gives an edge of gameplay for most of the players who've been playing the game for some time, or returning. I don't think many go in the forums before advancing multiple levels into the game.

Post Reply