Finally! Torta and I have been working a lot these last weeks (send beers and hugs, please) and our new core is ready to be pushed live. We will apply it in 2 hours from now, approximately at 23 PM server time of this Thursday.
We will enter in an undetermined time maintenance, so please, pray for us, send us love and be understanding!
What will change for good?
- Improved scripting
- Quest scripts
- World scripts
- NPC scripts
- Better internal core organization that will lead to faster development.
- Improved database.
- Stability and performance enhancement.
- Diplomacy channel: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=420
- Dynamic speed for mounts: All mounts now have dynamic speed, the speed will adapt along with your riding skill. Now you can use level 1 or level 40 mounts at 100% speed if you have 150 Riding skill, or level 1 at 60% speed if you have 75 Riding skill. Also, all level 1 mounts will have speed depending on your level (the speed increase equals to your level divided by 2). For example, if you use the Riding Turtle or any of the tallstriders at level 30, they will have 15% speed.
- New shop items: We have recreated the shop from scratch to offer new items (new mounts, new pets (i.e. portable auctioneer), new utility items (i.e. portable mailbox), new dressing boxes...) along with the old ones, but better sorted. Some months we can't even cover our hardware costs. If you can please help out by donating, we will be able to keep Turtle WoW running strong!
Barber shops: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=481
- Mailboxes for starting areas.
- The newly added Repair Bot companion will now sell reagents too.
- The Darkmoon Faire is back to its normal schedule.
- Children’s week is back to its normal schedule.
- The Darkreaver Menace quest will now also give its old reward, another helm.
- New Hardcore rewards: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=482
What will come later?
- Some of the new Hardcore rewards will be available for players who already leveled up in Hardcore Mode.
- We have in mind some new awesome Sands of Time updates, stay tuned!
- A new hub for both factions located inside The Caverns of Time where we will offer weekly quests, more things to do, and new rewards!
- Plainsrunning: it’s functional but we are polishing it a little bit more, it will be added soon.
- More secret things.
Turtle WoW Team