Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

User avatar
Owondyah
Posts: 118

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Owondyah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Just to make it sure...

this isn't "event"...

This is FEATURE... this isn't over, you can get there and pvp for coins anytime you want.

(wanted to clear that up since lots of folks speaking of it as it was thing of past)
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?
You lazy ass angry_turtle
TopG.org & Top100Arena.com & XtreamTop100 & WoWStatus.net

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 66

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pompa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Yes that's true. This is NOT a temporary event, it's a server feature!
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Pigglebee
Posts: 75

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pigglebee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am

Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Regarding the raid gear you say, you must know that the items we are awarding are blue ones from Zul'Gurub trash mobs, despite two epic rings from random Zul'Gurub boss loot (you need 250 Bloody Coins to obtain each of them). We preferred to offer this kind of loot (which is not OP) instead of creating custom equipment.
Isn't that a bit weird? Giving gear from mobs that cannot be raided right now and in the foreseeable future (due to too few players) by PvP-ing. On a PvE server?

Wouldn't giving away the lower rank PvP gear make more sense? (Because ranked PvP is kinda blocked here due to too few BGs)
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

User avatar
Owondyah
Posts: 118

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Owondyah » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 am

Pigglebee wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am
Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Regarding the raid gear you say, you must know that the items we are awarding are blue ones from Zul'Gurub trash mobs, despite two epic rings from random Zul'Gurub boss loot (you need 250 Bloody Coins to obtain each of them). We preferred to offer this kind of loot (which is not OP) instead of creating custom equipment.
Isn't that a bit weird? Giving gear from mobs that cannot be raided right now and in the foreseeable future (due to too few players) by PvP-ing. On a PvE server?

Wouldn't giving away the lower rank PvP gear make more sense? (Because ranked PvP is kinda blocked here due to too few BGs)
Makes sense... and I'd say there is still time for tweaks as nobody yet ( i think ) has no coins enough to buy some gear.
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?
You lazy ass angry_turtle
TopG.org & Top100Arena.com & XtreamTop100 & WoWStatus.net

User avatar
Oinotnatst
Posts: 5

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Oinotnatst » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 am

I am inside this server from the few days that was opened to the public, and if e seen all the variant that went through the server, to what I get to say is that if e seen an increase in population in the same due to the rates X1 and get 250 in Gurubashi is not easy... Yesterday enjoy a lot of the event (and if I'm thinking that lilac ring not if I can get some day) but the question is that for these moments think more in BRD/DM/LBRS/UBRS... (without haste turtle experience) yesterday my cravings were satiated Jo Jo nothing more than bring perfect community great atmosphere!

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 66

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pompa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Pigglebee wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am
Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Regarding the raid gear you say, you must know that the items we are awarding are blue ones from Zul'Gurub trash mobs, despite two epic rings from random Zul'Gurub boss loot (you need 250 Bloody Coins to obtain each of them). We preferred to offer this kind of loot (which is not OP) instead of creating custom equipment.
Isn't that a bit weird? Giving gear from mobs that cannot be raided right now and in the foreseeable future (due to too few players) by PvP-ing. On a PvE server?

Wouldn't giving away the lower rank PvP gear make more sense? (Because ranked PvP is kinda blocked here due to too few BGs)
Well, the goblin syndicate have managed to steal these goods from the Gurubashi.

/rp off

Lower rank PvP gear will make less sense since it requires a specific PvP rank to obtain it. Also, the gear we are offering, even if it's from a raid, is not as OP as some BiS items that can be obtained in 5 man dungeons, so it won't unbalance anything. (And just as a note, as I said, despite de two rings, the blue items are from trash mobs, so technically you don't need 20 players to clear them).

Also, I'm going to quote myself again, because we wan't to add PvE events there in a future:
Pompa wrote: PD: We want to offer more rewards in a future, also, we would like to add creature champions that will appear from time to time for players to fight them.
P.S.: We have already players who have earned the 250 Bloody Coin ring.
P.S.2: As always, all suggestions are appreciated.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Broglin
Posts: 18
Location: Left of center

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Broglin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 am

And for those of us that don't enjoy or care to do pvp, I take it there's a plan to offer a pve way to get these rewards so that we don't feel neglected?

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 66

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pompa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Then you would be able to obtain these items by killing Zul'Gurub trash mobs. We are working on other PvE only events which will be announced at some point, just stay tuned.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

User avatar
Justice
Posts: 20

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Justice » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm

I enjoyed a lot in Gurubashi Arena. I just want to say thanks to all staff members because you are doing a nice server experience. I wish the server grows!

LONG LIFE TO TURTLE WOW!

User avatar
Pompa
Posts: 66

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Pompa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Justice wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm
I enjoyed a lot in Gurubashi Arena. I just want to say thanks to all staff members because you are doing a nice server experience. I wish the server grows!

LONG LIFE TO TURTLE WOW!
turtle_in_love_head
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Post Reply