Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Torta

Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Torta » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Blood and Honor, Turtles!

It's that time of the year. Time to unbury the axe and head into Gurubashi Arena of Stranglethorn Vale!

An anonymous local bloody goblin syndicate is launching a big tournament.

Now's your chance to smash the faces of any opponents you choose: friends, allies, enemies, even your party's healer. Avenge your dungeon wipes! >)

You'll find Arena Ambassadors in any major city. Join the fray, get cool rewards for murdering friends and enemies in the Battle Ring, where you will experience a bonus x2 honor gaining!

There, you will earn [Bloody Coins] for slaying your opponents. You can exchange them for buffs talking to Trixy Gollavix or item rewards taken directly from Zul’Gurub if you give them to Dyah Owon, the item rewarder. You will find them at the entrance of the arena.

As an incentive for all players, Dyah Owon will offer repeatable quests to earn some experience from level 1 to 60, as well as the option to exchange [Bloody Coins] for Horde or Alliance Commendation Signets, which you can use to increase the reputation of any major city of your choice.

Note: To prevent group camping, you won't earn Bloody Coins if you are in a group.
Arena Spectators like fair play!

Claboth

Re: Gurubashi Arena: Bloody Tournament

Post by Claboth » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Great stuff, !!

Crap i'm level 23. :)
Vulkhan, Troll hunter.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 am

There's room for everyone!
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 am

Torta's a warlock!! scared_turtle_head
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Kainnee

Post by Kainnee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

First of, I like that you think of immersive events, that's one way to define the server. I'm a bit worried though: What are the mechanics behind this event? Are there any means to prevent killtrading and such? I'm also not a huge fan of handing out raidgear, but that's another story.

Claboth

Post by Claboth » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 pm

Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 am
There's room for everyone!
Yes! You can teleport from any major city! Awesome rewards.
Vulkhan, Troll hunter.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Kainnee wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm
First of, I like that you think of immersive events, that's one way to define the server. I'm a bit worried though: What are the mechanics behind this event? Are there any means to prevent killtrading and such? I'm also not a huge fan of handing out raidgear, but that's another story.
it's not some high end raid gear tbh... just extra incentive to do more pvp.
Mechanics on the other hand... I asked myself same question.
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?
You lazy ass angry_turtle
TopG.org & Top100Arena.com & XtreamTop100 & WoWStatus.net

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Kainnee wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Hello! The method to check if a target will award you a Bloody Coin is the same used to check if a target will give you honor (despite that same faction kills will award a coin and that you need to do the killing blow).

Also, if you are in a group, you won't earn any Bloody Coin, we wan't to encourage 1 vs 1 encounters.

Regarding the raid gear you say, you must know that the items we are awarding are blue ones from Zul'Gurub trash mobs, despite two epic rings from random Zul'Gurub boss loot (you need 250 Bloody Coins to obtain each of them). We preferred to offer this kind of loot (which is not OP) instead of creating custom equipment.

PD: We want to offer more rewards in a future, also, we would like to add creature champions that will appear from time to time for players to fight them.
Turtle developer.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Yea... basically, gray level players won't give you coins.

This is nice way of breaking a leveling boredom. Just hop in arena any do a world chat message:

"60 rogue LF bloody coin duels"

Get to do some pvp, break the dullness of leveling a bit, earn something usefull... win/win/win

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks for setting this event up, it's part of what makes Turtle WoW unique!

I'd like to recommend that the arena spectators throw you a coin every now and then if you're in the arena flagged/participating. This would provide an incentive for people to participate when everyone in the arena is 10+ levels below their own level. I spent an hour playing with some level 40+ players but received zero coins since I'm level 58 at the moment. I was thinking a coin every 5-10 min would give 6-12 coins an hour for participating without just giving them away.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Just to make it sure...

this isn't "event"...

This is FEATURE... this isn't over, you can get there and pvp for coins anytime you want.

(wanted to clear that up since lots of folks speaking of it as it was thing of past)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Yes that's true. This is NOT a temporary event, it's a server feature!
Turtle developer.

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am

Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Regarding the raid gear you say, you must know that the items we are awarding are blue ones from Zul'Gurub trash mobs, despite two epic rings from random Zul'Gurub boss loot (you need 250 Bloody Coins to obtain each of them). We preferred to offer this kind of loot (which is not OP) instead of creating custom equipment.
Isn't that a bit weird? Giving gear from mobs that cannot be raided right now and in the foreseeable future (due to too few players) by PvP-ing. On a PvE server?

Wouldn't giving away the lower rank PvP gear make more sense? (Because ranked PvP is kinda blocked here due to too few BGs)
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 am

Pigglebee wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am
Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm
Isn't that a bit weird? Giving gear from mobs that cannot be raided right now and in the foreseeable future (due to too few players) by PvP-ing. On a PvE server?

Wouldn't giving away the lower rank PvP gear make more sense? (Because ranked PvP is kinda blocked here due to too few BGs)
Makes sense... and I'd say there is still time for tweaks as nobody yet ( i think ) has no coins enough to buy some gear.

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?

Oinotnatst

Post by Oinotnatst » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 am

I am inside this server from the few days that was opened to the public, and if e seen all the variant that went through the server, to what I get to say is that if e seen an increase in population in the same due to the rates X1 and get 250 in Gurubashi is not easy... Yesterday enjoy a lot of the event (and if I'm thinking that lilac ring not if I can get some day) but the question is that for these moments think more in BRD/DM/LBRS/UBRS... (without haste turtle experience) yesterday my cravings were satiated Jo Jo nothing more than bring perfect community great atmosphere!