Dishonorable Ranks

Torta

Re: Sands of Time #03: Dishonorable Ranks

Post by Torta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm
Torta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:56 pm
It's currently not the case on Turtle WoW.
Perhaps it's my memory making tricks on me, but I recall I've read that on manual with the very first set of 4CD of WoW back in March 2005.
Alright I've got this manual, let me check smiling_turtle_head

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:27 am

Dishonor Points

Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and the Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated even by your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 am

WoW game manual. Page 134, "dishonorable kills":
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Musse

Post by Musse » Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am

What are the rules for "negative" ranks?
NOTE!!! My question here asumes you don't do any "honored" kills at all:

I notice that if you kill one civilian you become Dishonored, and seem to stay that way for ever. I haven't notice you get rid of Dishonored "over time" (see below).

If you kill enough civilians, you become Outlaw, BUT seems you over time loose this status, eg. you get "honored" points from somewhere!

Why can we be allowed to stay Outlawed without regulary killing more civilians? It's not fun being Outlaw, and then notice that next time you logon you are only Exiled. :( What a dishonor for a proud Outlaw!

From a pure rp perspective, keeping the title Outlaw is important! No automatic over time honored points, please!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu May 02, 2019 5:28 pm

I'd say that staying on positive ranks should require you do honourable kills and so on, but for staying in negative ones ... Should be like in a RL you do something good all the time, you get a slight promotion, alas, do something bad and everyone will remember that through years.

Which means that once you have killed enough civilians up to the rank Pariah no faction related to you ever forgive you unless you do something good to make amends.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu May 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Are there any gameplay effects to being dishonorable or is it just a title?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Seems like Pariah should be driven off by your faction unless you uprank to at least Outlaw or something like that.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 03, 2019 1:59 am

Just a title, Kazgrim.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri May 03, 2019 6:34 am

Awww... I thought people would feel that their actions have consequences! sad_turtle

Musse

Post by Musse » Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:28 pm
I'd say that staying on positive ranks should require you do honourable kills and so on, but for staying in negative ones ... Should be like in a RL you do something good all the time, you get a slight promotion, alas, do something bad and everyone will remember that through years.
"Outlaw" means a person that has lost it's membership of the society and is free to kill for anyone. You never loose/lost that "status". This at least in the good old days before criminals were served on gold plates, and were forgiven after 10 days in a not-so-dark-place. Many times an outlawed person was also expelled from the area. There are many examples of this from history, a very well known example are the vikings expelled to Iceland. And then again to Greenland. In both cases after commiting murder.

Don't think like nowdays. Nowdays are way too "soft", and we need to go back to the old ways with order and consequences.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sat May 04, 2019 1:34 am

Please, keep this topic related to in-game Dishonorable Ranks. :)
Turtle developer.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat May 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Some gameplay effects would be most interesting! Imagine having to hunt down an outlaw from your own faction because they're terrorizing your own citizens.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat May 04, 2019 9:11 pm

I'd love to see these dishonourable folks worth double the honour they've downranked! This way Pariahs would be so much of value in honour!!

Musse

Post by Musse » Wed May 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Now I really would like to know how dishonored ranks works:

Killing ONE civilian gives "Dishonored". Then getting FIVE honored kills, does not remove that (take you back to rank 0). Nor does Dishonored go away over time.

STAFF??!

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed May 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Going dishonorable is instant; gaining honor, not. You'll need to wait for the weekly honor maintenance.
Turtle developer.