New patch 1.16.0 Mysteries of Azeroth seeks to enhance the game by adding content that matches the already well-established lore of Warcraft Universe. Get ready for the brand new adventure that will set you on a journey around Azeroth!
There is so much content in this patch we had to split it up to multiple categories. Galactic thanks goes to Dragunovi for thoroughly documenting all the changes during the development.
- Over 300 quests have been added all around Azeroth!
- Goblin models have been revamped with new animations and can now show worn capes.
- Many new character skins, weapon and armor models have been added, credit goes to Kazgrim for making them!
- New horn customizations for Tauren, wildhammer skins for Female Dwarves and Forest Troll skins for Female Trolls have been added to character creation.
- New ways to acquire some of the alternate character skins have been added and hidden around the world!
- Transmogification is back and better than ever! Now you can preview how you and item appearances look via a brand new interface, now with improved code. Collect item appearances by equipping them, and apply to them your items of choice using Fashion Coins, a currency obtainable by doing quests for the fashionista.
- Guild Vaults have been added, they can be unlocked by paying a hefty sum of gold, with extra tabs costing extra gold, either from the vault itself donated by members or from your pockets.
The tabs can be customized with icons, limits to amount of items you can take daily and which guild ranks can access the tab.
- You can now find the Battleground Finder near your minimap, which allows you to queue for any battleground in your level range wherever you go! The battleground tabards' queueing ability have been discontinued as a result of this as have the commands.
- New game tips have been added and some old ones updated.
- World maps have been updated to reflect the new locations added to the world. Also added new maps for Hyjal, Gilijim Island and Isle of Lapidis.
- A title selection bar has been added to the top of your character page, this also can be used to hide your title.
- Quest log has been modified to have a bigger layout which allows you to watch all quests at the same time.
- You can now add your non-combat companions and mounts in the Companions and Mounts tabs found in your spellbook.
- Adjusted a flight path to avoid crashing into an Amani'alor building while flying.
- Inspecting now also shows the talents of the target player.
- You can now use an alternate client to allow for a bigger Field of View (FoV) on preference.
- Fixed player Goblin portrait facing the wrong way.
- Spells can now be linked in chat akin to linking items.
- Experience can now be toggled on and off by right-clicking on your character portrait. Glyph of Twinking is now obsolete due to client-side integration.
- Dwarf Mage
- Undead Hunter
With a heavy heart we have to announce that the Wormhole and Ardent Watch teleports have been discontinued. We believe that exploration and travelling is a crucial part of the game that shouldn't be undermined as often as we did in the past. See below to see additions we've made to compensate for the removal of these teleports:
- New Boat: Stormwind Harbor - Auberdine (Alliance)
- New Boat: Sparkwater Port - Revantusk Village (Horde)
- New Zeppelin: Orgrimmar - Thunder Bluff (Horde)
- New Zeppelin: Orgrimmar - Kargath (Horde)
- New Flight Path: Dun Agrath (Unlocked by discovering Menethil Harbor) (Alliance)
- New Flight Path: Ironforge Airfield (Unlocked by discovering Ironforge) (Alliance)
- New Flight Path: Caelan's Rest (Unlocked by discovering Booty Bay) (Alliance)
- New Flight Path: Mosh'ogg Refuge (Unlocked by discovering Booty Bay) (Horde)
- New Flight Path: Alah'thalas (Alliance)
- Delve into the mysteries of Gilijim and Lapidis Islands and their surronding islands, A new level 48-53 leveling zone! Reconnect with the remnants of a Kul Tiran fleet in Caelan's Rest, the Horde affliated ogres of Maul'ogg Retreat and neutral tribes of Hazzuri Primalists of Hazzuri Glade and the centaur of Kalkor Point!
- Venture into the Tirisfal Uplands, the Forsaken have mobilized into the western parts of Tirisfal Glades and threats are looming at every corner! This new zone has level 14-20 quests within the new town of Glenshire. The Lordaeron remnants might be willing to accept help from Alliance adventurers that somehow find their way there.
- The timeways are in peril once again! The Bronze Dragonflight requires the aid of mortals in stopping the Infinite Dragonflight and their plans of altering the timelines! Caverns of Time is now open and serve as a hub to access the dungeons within! You can also spend the Corrupted Sand you've acquired in your adventures here for various rewards.
- Revel in the industry of Sparkwater Port, the town of Durotar Trade Union that never truly sleeps. This town has quests in all level ranges, including quests for Gnomeregan and The Deadmines!
Also, try to not get scammed.
- The Scarlet Enclave.
- New Attunement Questline for the future Scarlet Citadel raid. Sally Whitemane is dead. Confused, scattered and some even in panic, Scarlet Fanatics were laying low. Many died in attempts to continue their struggles but without a strong command leading their effort failed. However, week by week, Scarlets had reinstated their structure, and scouting groups that were mercilessly murdering every non-human being started to succeed in their crazy mission. Looks like the new leader of the Scarlet Crusade has ambitions protruding further than just instinct of other races in Azeroth: multiple human settlements had been reporting of strangers appearing in their towns speaking to the young and trying to spread their influence over their minds, undead disappearing in the dead of night without a single noise. Investigate the matter, find out who’s now leading the Scarlet Crusade and put to an end their actions.
- Stormwind Harbor, a hotspot for exports and travel all around Azeroth! Also added a new zeppelin tower outside Orgrimmar.
- Icepoint Rock: A remote glacier close to a frozen wasteland. Good luck exploring!
- Aid the people of Wildtusk Village, the remains of a tribe from their destroyed city of Zul'Rasaz. They seek the aid and acceptance of the Horde in Arathi Highlands. This village also connects to The Hinterlands via the Rasaz Trails.
- Stop by for a pint in Hawk's Vigil, a settlement hidden in the mountains expecting a Scourge incursion. This town has level 20-30 quests, and a questline to uncover a mystery similiar to The Legend of Stalvan.
- Stay awhile and rest in Dun Agrath, a dwarven village at the doorstep of Hawk's Vigil.
- Raise anchor and feel the breeze of the South Seas! Come live a pirate's life among the most infamous ones, the Bloodsail Buccaneers is looking for more crewmates, don't worry, they will find you. Jaguero Isle is open for swashbucking adventurers that are affliated with the Bloodsail Buccaneers, with an initiation questline in Booty Bay to get you on the right foot to boot!
- Caverns of Time: Black Morass. | Dungeon: 5 Man | Level 60 | Difficulty: Dire Maul++ | Expected Clear Time: 2-3.5 Hours. Move through the timeways to stop the Infinite Dragonflight from changing the Opening of the Dark Portal and the past itself.
- Karazhan Crypt | Dungeon: 5 Man | Level 58 - 60 | Difficulty: Dire Maul+ | Expected Clear Time: 2-3 Hours. Something is twisting the dead back to life in the forlorn catacombs, find the source so the dead may rest again.
- Stormwind Vault | Dungeon: 5 Man | Level 60 | Difficulty: Dire Maul++ | Expected Clear Time: 1.5-2.5 Hours. The Vault's runes of warding are weakening as the horrors within threaten Azeroth once again, you must venture down and stop these fiends once and for all.
- The Crescent Grove | Dungeon: 5 Man | Level 32-38 | Difficulty: SM: Library | Expected Clear Time: 2-2.5 Hours. Step foot into a hidden grove under the trees and find and eradicate the source of corruption within.
- New Questline and World Boss Ostarius of Uldum, designed for a 40 man raid group! The gates of Uldum beckon, as both factions move to gather and combine the fragments of the discs of Uldum and finally set foot into the facility. But something isn't right...
- New World Boss Concavius, designed for a raid group of 20+ man! Trouble is afoot in the Shadowbreak Ravine. The Twilight's Hammer have found that the interference of the Burning Legion's mortal lackeys is threatening the plans of their own dark masters. They have summoned the powerful Concavius, a voidwalker from the dark beyond, turning it against their enemies. However, such a creature will not stop with the Shadow Council. It will continue to devour all in its path unless stopped. Stand against the utter darkness and banish this fiend back to the void before it is too late!
- Evil lurks within the shadows, and great enemies reveal themselves to the world. There are many new Rare Bosses lurking in level 40+ zones, designed for 5-10 man player parties, should you succeed in defeating them. Keep in mind that these bosses have been designed to not be kiteable, earn your worth properly or you're their next dinner.
- There is no cow level, do not go looking for it.
PvP Content & Changes
- New Battleground: Sunnyglade Valley. Sunnyglade Valley represents one of the largest clashes between the forces of the old Kingdom of Azeroth and the Horde during the First War. It is a 10v10 Domination Battleground with a focus on uncovering the mystery of the shifting of time through the exploration of the nearby woodlands, as well as the local mines to gather clues. Here you will be acting at the behest of the guardian of the timeways, the bronze dragon Vairozdormu, as an agent for the flight in their attempts to uncover the ongoing crisis threatening to alter the very fabric of history and the entirety of the modern world.
- Earn reputation for Steamwheedle Blood Ring by doing matches and proving your worth in the bloody sands, rewards included.
- Cross-Faction teams for specific Battlegrounds will be available.
- Introduction of a new Glyph that permanently flags you for PvP in return for certain benefits.
- Losers of specific Battlegrounds will now be rewarded accordingly to incentivize Battlegrounds.
- Specific Battlegrounds will now reward XP under normal conditions.
- RP decay and requirements for specific PvP ranks will now be dynamically scaled depending on gathered data. (WIP)
- Azshara has been revamped, aid the betrayed naga of Rethress Sanctum, help the Horde establish the remote outpost of Bloodfist Point and the gnomes of Flaxwhisker Front! Also added some new quests to Valormok.
- Swamp of Sorrows has been revamped, Harborage and Stonard has been expanded upon with new quests and old quests tweaked, also added Sorrowguard Keep, a new Alliance questing hub.
- Amani'alor has been expanded, with more buildings, a pen for war bears and an outlook facing the sea, this outpost is livelier than ever.
- Wardens of Time. This specific group of the Bronze Dragonflight will accept the aid of any mortal that have earned access to the Caverns of Time. Their goal is to undo the mysterious time anomalies that have recently begun to appear across the timeways.
- Steamwheedle Blood Ring. A grand arena tournament organized by the Steamwheedle Cartel. The strongest fighters are invited to compete in the bloody sands for fame and great rewards provided by the Arena Masters of the Cartel.
- Stonemaul Tribe. The Stonemaul Ogres joined the Horde under the auspices of the Mok'nathal Rexxar. They have since been welcoming and friendly to the Horde.
- Kul Tiran Exploratory Fleet. Remnants of Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's Exploratory Fleet, these few survivors that have not been killed by the Horde eke out a dangerous existence.
- Keepers of Outerend. These stalwart servants have kept the relic Outerend safe for a dozen millenia. With the coming darkness, they now seek to guide mortals to fight for Azeroth.
- Moro'gai. This faction of Draenei from across the Dark Portal is trying to make a new home in the Swamps of Sorrow while beset by strife and the madness of their kin.
New soundtracks have been added thanks to our wonderful musicians.
- New Ambience & Music: Sparkwater Port
- New Ambience & Music: Dun Agrath
- New Ambience & Music: Hawk's Vigil
- New Ambience & Music: Caverns of Time
- New Ambience & Music: Bloodsail Retreat
- New Ambience & Music: Mysteries of Azeroth, Login Main Theme.
- New Voice-acting: Sanv'Kla
- New Voice-acting: Gigno
- New Voice-acting: Duke
- New Voice-acting: Runeweaver
- New Voice-acting: Laz
- New Voice-acting: Dark Troll
- New Voice-acting: Colonel Hardinus
- New Voice-acting: Lord Crug'Zog
- New Voice-acting: Janathos
- New Voice-acting: Dak'Grag
- New Voice-acting: Fenektis the Deceiver
- New Voice-acting: Keeper Ranathos
- New Voice-acting: Grovetender Engryss
- New Voice-acting: Concavius
- New Voice-acting: Antnormi
- New Voice-acting: Ostarius...and more!
- Many crafted items, world drop epics and even some high level dungeon drops have been adjusted to bring their power level to similiar items to make them more worthwhile to use. You can find a list in the #updates channel!
- Over 200 new items have been added all around Azeroth, from simple quest drops to powerful armaments from dungeons and even some you can make yourself! Some items were contributed from the community via the forum.
- Meditation and Haste stats have been added! Meditation allows you to regenerate mana 5% of the rate you would out of combat, like how it works with Priest and Druid talents, with smaller amounts that stacks. As an example Green Dragon Mail has been updated to add 5% Meditation with every piece, for 30% with all 3 pieces combined! This effect scales with Spirit. Haste increases your attack speed by a fixed percentage that stacks with diminishing returns, generally around 1% and 2% for generic items and up to 5% for very special cases.
- Crown of the Dark Reaver has been adjusted to better fit the character's head and added eye glow!
- Revantusk Mystic's Robe and Quel'dorei Magister's Robe durability fixed.
- Tabard of Kul Tiras will be removed from the shop and become available as an in-game reward.
- Riding Turtle mount will no longer be given for free, instead you will have to complete a quest in Darkmoon Faire to obtain this item.
- Glyph of Diplomacy will become obsolete, crossfaction grouping will be enabled by default.
The first batch of Class Changes are coming! Check out the dedicated forum post for the list of additions and changes: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2197
The changelog isn't fully complete yet and will be updated during the week as will the linked spell changelog with the final changes. Thank you!