Progressive Rates

Torta

Re: Progressive Rates & More

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm

If you stay at 0.5, you will still be able to receive the listed rewards for the next 2 weeks. The rewards will be changed once the 2 weeks has passed.

Choose wisely, as once you decide to level on lower rates, you will not be able to return to the higher rates.

Devias

Post by Devias » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm

[mad_turtle_head Let us in!!!

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Devias wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm
[mad_turtle_head Let us in!!!
maintenance_turtle

Minigig

Post by Minigig » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Come out of your shell sad_turtle_head

Torkes

Post by Torkes » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 am

Loving new rates.

Idiotsandwich

Post by Idiotsandwich » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:41 pm

so far so good, thank you.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Halo - I agree so much with you. With how many quests there are in the game, it's impossible to come at a dead end, forced to grinding for progress. With there being about 3-4 zones for each 10 levels, you'll be running green quests midway through, with not a single moment spend grinding exclusively for exp (drop rates for certain items and kill x mob quests is something different).

Vanilla Azeroth offers this, at times frustrating, need to travel. Quest givers sending you from one end of the zone to the other, through a single continent and even between, with so much to do that it becomes the adventure (The scythe of Elune as an example - from Ashenvale to Darnassus, to the Barrens, Booty Bay and then into Duskwood).

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Parcival wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 pm
Halo - I agree so much with you. With how many quests there are in the game, it's impossible to come at a dead end, forced to grinding for progress. With there being about 3-4 zones for each 10 levels, you'll be running green quests midway through, with not a single moment spend grinding exclusively for exp (drop rates for certain items and kill x mob quests is something different).

Vanilla Azeroth offers this, at times frustrating, need to travel. Quest givers sending you from one end of the zone to the other, through a single continent and even between, with so much to do that it becomes the adventure (The scythe of Elune as an example - from Ashenvale to Darnassus, to the Barrens, Booty Bay and then into Duskwood).
This may be true, but the harsh reality is that, when you talk to people personally or in party chat, most prefer 1x xp rates. The primary attractions of this server are that it's new, it's PvE and it's RP. 0.5x xp rates is something people endure and not something they would have chosen.

Perhaps polls on this site indicate otherwise, but when you actually ask people in game, a different story unfolds.

So yes, I'm one of those 'endure it' players. Love the atmosphere, love the community, love the freshness but endure the slower leveling pace.
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Apparently you cannot edit posts (only quote is available for me), but I'd like to rephrase it a bit: It's my personal feeling from asking players. N=1 so to say ;)
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Qesley

Post by Qesley » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Pigglebee wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm
This may be true, but the harsh reality is that, when you talk to people personally or in party chat, most prefer 1x xp rates..0.5x xp rates is something people endure and not something they would have chosen...

So yes, I'm one of those 'endure it' players. Love the atmosphere, love the community, love the freshness but endure the slower leveling pace.
Im inclined to agree with you point for point, Pigglebee. We can level via quests to 60 just fine BUT for the overall population I would say having x1 there would attract way more people.

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

I’m sure someone smarter than I can do the math, but with the enhanced quest XP for 25 levels, I think it’s probably about the same in terms of speed. Maybe the added travel makes it slower overall, but you have the benefit of gold and reputation. At level 33, my dwarf is Revered with Ironforge, Stormwind and Darnassus. Depending on where I quest for 33-40, my first mount could be a horse or nightsaber if I choose.

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Then we should have another poll about the rates. If the vast majority feels the 0.5x exp rates are too much, they can go to 1x. Sort of what we have now - with the option to continue playing full 0.5x, or keep with the progressive new rates.

Eitherway, something has to be done to get new players interested and keep those already playing, going forward. I've just today realized, the entirety of Delvers Inc is gone, together with Oakbound and Renegades. Basically every guild which was present from launch day, except the Brewery, is disbanded. We barely get 100 people on peak times. So - a poll to decide for the rates? Hear, hear?

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I doubt the problem lies in the rates. It's rather the lack of promotion (reddit, other media) and the server identity itself (true RP or not? lowered rates or not really?).
I mean, there are a lot more populated 1.12 servers with x1 rates or above, but Turtle is probably the only RP on 1.12.
I'm not saying x1 rates is a bad idea, but it's certainly not enough.
Since the unique trait of our server, which was 0.5 rates, has (partially) failed, maybe we should find another "magnet" for players?
Maybe expanding the RP areas and promote them as server's key feature is a way to go?
I don't know... on the other hand, RP servers are always destined to low population.
Aenima - Kaldorei warrior, sell-sword and bounty hunter

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Parcival wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm
Then we should have another poll about the rates. If the vast majority feels the 0.5x exp rates are too much, they can go to 1x. Sort of what we have now - with the option to continue playing full 0.5x, or keep with the progressive new rates.

Eitherway, something has to be done to get new players interested and keep those already playing, going forward. I've just today realized, the entirety of Delvers Inc is gone, together with Oakbound and Renegades. Basically every guild which was present from launch day, except the Brewery, is disbanded. We barely get 100 people on peak times. So - a poll to decide for the rates? Hear, hear?
I think we had a discussion about the rates, and that is how we got the progressive rates, as well as full XP in dungeons. At least 600 new accounts have been registered since last week, according to the site counter. That’s a positive sign. We have a core group of players logging in most days, and I think more are being added. I definitely have seen an uptick in RPing, even if very casually. Reddit posts about Turtle WoW keep coming up, and despite a few dedicated naysayers, the posts are overwhelmingly positive.

I think there will be more and more people that venture over here once the Classic demo is over, and it will be our job to convince them to stay. Sure, rates may keep people away, but I think it’s much more likely the community makes them stay. I’ve had so many great experiences. Multiple people have sent me schematics because I’m an outspoken engineer. I’ve had people open trade to give me green items. And many people will RP with me, even just a bit. Let’s jeep that up, and I think we will develop a small, but homey community and server.

Justice

Post by Justice » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Greetings!

I have a doubt: I earn too much experience after the new system of rates.

I chose hardcore mode (it's x0,5 exp I guess so), but to put one example: when I finished the quest ''The Missing Diplomat'' (last part) the reward is 575 experience (x1 system) and I got 5750 experience (x10).

What am I missing? The reward in x0,5 system should be 287,5 exp If I am right.

Forgive me if I wrote something wrong. English is not my mother language.

Thank you for reading, regards.