Dual Specialization: Goblin Brainwashing Device

Torta

Dual Specialization: Goblin Brainwashing Device

Post by Torta » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:25 am

Goblin Brainwashing Device will allow you to save two talent configurations as primary and secondary. Just spec into what config you want and click Save Primary or Save Secondary. Next time you use your machine you can click Activate Primary or Secondary to quickly switch between your saved configurations.

Since the device won't restore your action bars we recommend using https://github.com/firenahzku/ActionBarProfiles that saves and restores your action bars layout.

Additional notes:
• Lazy pig addon has a silly feature and it will quickly click on Reset my talents, was fixed in this release: https://github.com/CosminPOP/_LazyPig or get it from https://turtle-wow.org/addons.
• Cost of activating is still the same as a talent reset.

Vampin2

Re: Goblin Brainwashing Device & Dual Spec

Post by Vampin2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 pm

turtle_tongue Great gadget! Just remember, as stated above, it does cost the normal amount of gold. However, as of now you will not be prompted for the amount. Don’t reset multiple times just playing around and then wonder where all your gold went like I did! turtle_tongue

Bigjim

Re: Dual Specialization: Goblin Brainwashing Device

Post by Bigjim » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:43 pm

I can't seem to get my goblin brainwashing device to work. When I use it, it just goes on cooldown and nothing happens.
Edit: I figured it out. This post can be deleted.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:43 pm

Thank you!
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Ardilarve

Post by Ardilarve » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:57 am

Where do i get this and at what level? I play both horde and alliance.

Yngvar

Post by Yngvar » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:57 pm

Ardilarve wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:57 am
Where do i get this and at what level? I play both horde and alliance.
You can buy it in a token store (there's a button on your minimap). You can use it since you have your talent points (lvl 10) I suppose

Paddyw

Post by Paddyw » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:35 pm

If you have to buy this using tokens then you're paying real money for the convenience of being able to do it anywhere rather than at a class trainer ? Is that the only benefit ? Also do you pay just when defining the primary and secondary profile, or do you also pay when switching between the two ?

I'm struggling with whether to get many of these extra items as there's very little documentation about them

Pookeh

Post by Pookeh » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:59 am

I actually have the same questions as Paddyw

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 pm

Paddyw wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:35 pm
If you have to buy this using tokens then you're paying real money for the convenience of being able to do it anywhere rather than at a class trainer ? Is that the only benefit ? Also do you pay just when defining the primary and secondary profile, or do you also pay when switching between the two ?

I'm struggling with whether to get many of these extra items as there's very little documentation about them
You can buy the Goblin Brainwashing device at Gurubashi arena in STV, the goblin will offer you to test and buy it if you pay 350g to him.
Once that is done, it is yours forever.
But also you can donate to the server and get the brainwashing device early on.

it is good to grab a lot of gold at lvl 50-60 to sort it out all issues once you hit lvl cap like mounts, this and professions.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:04 pm

Switching between the two specs specified is free. You also can use the brainwash device to reset your talents in the same way you can at a trainer for the 5g cost.

But what you can also do is save a talent spec with only 1 point spent, so you basically have infinite free respecs.

Notably you also can get the Item for 350g in the Gurubashi arena if you don't want to hand over that amount of cash.

Pookeh

Post by Pookeh » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:48 pm

I assume that with this tricks you still have to buy the higher ranks of spells (like ice barrier for mage)?

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 pm

No matter what you do you will have to buy the spells you intend to use ;)

Paddyw

Post by Paddyw » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:53 pm

Kairion wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:04 pm
Switching between the two specs specified is free. You also can use the brainwash device to reset your talents in the same way you can at a trainer for the 5g cost.

But what you can also do is save a talent spec with only 1 point spent, so you basically have infinite free respecs.

Notably you also can get the Item for 350g in the Gurubashi arena if you don't want to hand over that amount of cash.
Many thanks for clarifying that ;)

Paddyw

Post by Paddyw » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:40 pm

And one final (I hope!) question. Is the brainwashing device per toon or per account ?? i.e. do I only buy it once and each alt gets one, or would I have to buy one for each of my alts ?

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:37 pm

Its a soulbound item you have to carry in your bag. So its per character. But if you play hc i think you get the tokens back if said char dies (but best ask some hc players beforeyou try that out ;))

Zzhoaxzz

Post by Zzhoaxzz » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:23 pm

turtle_in_love_head

Happyswetie

Post by Happyswetie » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:57 pm

Kairion wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:04 pm

does the cost increase by reset time just like reset at a trainer? (5g, 10g, 15g...)

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Turtle wow has a 5g cap on respec peizes - even with the regular class trainers

Happyswetie

Post by Happyswetie » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:56 pm
Turtle wow has a 5g cap on respec peizes - even with the regular class trainers
oh really, thank you for clearing the confusion that has bothered me for days after the skip gossip addon wasted my 20+ golds though...