Gameplay Experience Feedback

Wyke

Re: Gameplay Experience Feedback

Post by Wyke » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:23 pm

I am enjoying the lowered exp rates, and am slowly approaching 40 with no real issues. Have enjoyed being forced to travel and find obscure quests and levelling professions as I go.

My suggestion would be to revert kill exp to 0.8 xp. This will make the pain slightly easier on newer players but not take anything away from the existing players that have dont it the long way. Maybe offer a 2x exp potion in the shop that allows players to PURCHASE 1.6x exp if they wish make this work like a flask so lasts 2hrs and lasts through death, this way people can buy the exp in short boosts but not as a permanent 1-60 thing unless they are prepared to pay a large ammounty, but if so please make it so that its pretty prohibitive. I dont like shops, I dont like people paying to win and I dont like exp boosts, but that is my opinion on what will potentially help recruitment and retention even if I personally dont really approve.

Talespinner

Post by Talespinner » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:31 pm

One idea I've come up with for the leveling grind is to make repeatable quests give EXP. As many of these come into play around the levels where it starts to get grindy (Hippogryph Eggs, Blasted Lands quests, Zapper Fuel, Wastewander Pouches, Argent Dawn Scourgestones, Timbermaw, Salve via Hunting, etc.). You'd have to use some discretion to make sure people couldn't abuse the system by essentially turning gold into unending EXP (perhaps make quests that have tradeable items as the objective give EXP up to say 15 turn-ins, and 25 for Soulbound items that you only need to gather in the open world without fighting anything). It's not much more different than powering through mobs, but it helps to ease the grind and gives you a bit of help in the endgame by starting on your reputations.
Premier Vanilla Moonkin

Rurarus

Post by Rurarus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Greetings,
I play Warlock on horde site, and my name is Morty. I'm the GM of the Russian Guild "Partisans". My people play together with me more than a year together, there was drama and other stuff, but we are sill together, we played on different servers, now we play here. How long it will be, i don't know. Well, but let's talk about the threat here.
There are few thinks I think people need to know about private servers, especially Vanilla servers.
Ok First of all. The only think about the server staff needs to care is only to fix bugs and making the server playable.
That's all, xp-rates are not the main issue. If I play here 1 month or 3 months to reach the max lvl, doesn't matter, only what matters so it is to have fun, because it's a game.

OK, other aspects what is important, then it's the kind of the server, this is a multinational server, so people play here from all around the world, and now the think is, everyone has a different language, timezone and culture. So it means, in order to play here, there need to be more people available at all. Because people are different, and have other views what is fun or what isn't. Also, people want to play with the people they like to play with, its normal and also right, Russians want to play with other Russians, Spanish with other Spanish, French want to play with French, and so on. Because culture binds people together, it's also a social game, to achieve something u need to be social.
So, second also very important think is, people will leave the server if they can't find a group to quest, or to go dungeons with, it's normal. So in order to find a group with other people, you need to be in a guild the people in there want to help you. Most International big guilds don't have this kind of community, because they are not for lvling, they are actually for raiding there. And don't tel me that tale of "lvling guilds" and "social guilds", in all multinational guilds, most of the relationships between the people there are formal, so it means, people don't gonna help you with your quest, because it's not in their interest right now, also the same think is with dungeons, and imagine you play a holy priest here or a warrior tank, its even hard to kill a non elite mob solo, so yes, who wants to play this way, OK, maybe you're a hunter who can solo it, but guess what, there is not a single raid with only hunters in it.
People will stay on server, if they will be "bound" to other people by informal relationships, so communication between peoples in the same guild is important. It makes actually fun. Also, the more different guilds are around, there more different people will likely stay here, because there will be more choice for people.

So in my eyes, this server will die. Sadly but true, people will leave, because no people are around. And the problem is, no one will help you either, (yes, maybe there are a few individuals who gonna help you, but this is a minority of the server population). New people will always show up, they gonna level to 10 or 15, and then, finish the game, because no other people are around, no guilds where you can ask for help. This is very depressing. No one wants to play like this.

Well, what maybe could help, is making a default guild. Everyone will be in there from lvl 1. Also, the people in there need to help other people with some elite quest, and getting parties together for dungeons. Maybe this gonna help. But it's just my opinion.

Sorry for bad English.

Maerchen

Post by Maerchen » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi Morty
Rurarus wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:23 pm
people want to play with the people they like to play with, its normal and also right, Russians want to play with other Russians, Spanish with other Spanish, French want to play with French, and so on. Because culture binds people together, it's also a social game, to achieve something u need to be social.
I always wondered why there is a russian guild on every private server. I never understood that. Is English not liked/taught in school there? Your English is good so I don't think that's the reason. Why do you feel the need to split this small community even more by running a russian guild?

Not trying to be hostile, only curious.

Rurarus

Post by Rurarus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Maerchen wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Why do you feel the need to split this small community even more by running a russian guild?

Not trying to be hostile, only curious.
Which community, do you have a leader, do you have an agenda, do you have a culture?

Glowek

Post by Glowek » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Normal rates is the right way to do. No game without players. Give existing players a compensation for their painful efforts. I loved the concept of the server but and don't want it die so quickly!

Rp/PvE is already a niche, don't make it even more strict...

Josefina

Post by Josefina » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:21 pm

If possible, I am really in favor of progressive XP rates and increased XP for dungeons (ie, normal rates from the beginning). I think that will draw an additional player base without diluting it. Or have quests give full XP when grouped to encourage questing together, since there is already a leech to XP when grouped. Obviously this might lead to people trying to multibox, but with vigilance on the part of all players this could be avoided.

Promethorn

Post by Promethorn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 pm

I've been playing a little bit each day after work so I haven't really gotten far, but from what I've experienced I'd say increasing the kill xp from .5x to .75x or even 1x would be fine. As others have said maybe have that be a toggle that people can set. Maybe give quests and dungeons an xp boost to still encourage that over grinding.

I don't think we need to try and attract a bunch of new players, but keep current players from getting frustrated and leaving. The niche style of this server is going to draw a certain kind of player and I think that's fine, we just don't want the small details to drive them off.

Wyke

Post by Wyke » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Here is an out of the box suggestion, make exp rates 1x rates from now, as there is a 60 already, and then grant every character that levels at that rate the higher rank of riding skill as compensation. Huge saving in terms of gold and more than enough compensation for those that level at 0.5x rates.

Zulfurax

Post by Zulfurax » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:58 pm

So far ive only played a hunter to lvl 10, the leveling is just as you advertised, slow and relaxing, in a month or two enough people will be high level. My guildmates are having fun leveling slowly and growing together, maybe doing some dungeons together or some elite quests, and they are all around lvl 40, the content is there, you just need to have the patience to experience it, we even have new pleople in the mid 20s lvl range. They are having a blast and they know it takes time, it is a mistake to take Tavernia as an example of the leveling process.

A good thing would be to have some quests that encourage changing zones to lvl, this would give some more guidance as to where to go next to find quests that you can do and maybe make dungeons give some more XP as an alternative to mob grinding?

Thanks to all the Turtle WoW Staff this server is amazing and I hope you keep up communicating with us.