Gameplay Experience Feedback

Torta

Gameplay Experience Feedback

Post by Torta » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Greetings, my beloved turtles!

It's been 3 blissful weeks since we launched our cozy little realm - and we hope you’re enjoying the rush and stress free gameplay!

However, we would like to talk to our playerbase and ask for your feedback on the current situation. We haven’t received any complaints, but the numbers speak for themselves:

Almost 8000 characters have been created, yet fewer than 500 have reached level 20.

We must ask — have we made things too slow?

During our advertising campaign we recorded 300,000 players interested in Vanilla, yet many players stopped playing within an hour, and several people have mentioned that the low rates and lack of cross-faction interaction as the reason for not wanting to play.

Although our goal here isn’t about having the greatest population, these numbers are indicative of a potential long term problem. Those who have stuck with us since the beginning; we won’t take any action if you don’t want us to.

However we must decide what to do next — what would you suggest as a possible solution?

Once we’ve settled on a solution, we’ll consider emailing those who stopped playing within a short timeframe and see if they’ll give us another chance.

After some internal discussion, here are some of the ideas we’d like to present:
  • Normalized XP rates, for example, slightly increased rates for quest and/or kill XP
  • Increased honor gain / reduced decay.
  • Keep things the same as they are now!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter, so please let us know as soon as possible!

Gachiguru

Re: Gameplay Experience Feedback

Post by Gachiguru » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Normal XP rates with normal everything else. Make this the go-to PvE server.

Maerchen

Post by Maerchen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Let us log back in please scared_turtle_head

Feramos

Post by Feramos » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Grats on 3 weeks.
I'd suggest normalizing the xp rates in some way. This server has been presented to us with the idea of giving us a good questing experiencing, so we can get to know the story of every zone, without having the problem of outleveling it.
The bad point about this is, that for example, I played alliance. I have never had such a horrible questing experience between 30-45. The quests are too scarce, it's mostly orange quests left for me, and there's a lack of players in my level range.
I can see the appeal to some enjoying the lower rates.. No, I actually can't.
At this rate, leveling is just a pain after 40. I'd really love to see some upped xp rates.
Having quests that tell you to kill like 40 mobs (Rigger Cove in Tanaris) do not feel rewarding in the slightest. I killed 40 mobs and I got like 4-6% grind xp from that.
And if 30-45 is awful, I don't want to imagine 55-60.
'Tis my feedback.

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Well, the low numbers are explainable... RP is a niche market in the pserver community
PvE seems to be somewhat less popular
0.5 rate where most pservers have increased rates also serves a niche market.

And Northdale just opened up & potential Classic release dates basically got announced/leaked... All in all, not the best environment to open a niche server for a niche market with punishing xp rates ;-)

If you want more people, the solution isn't to dabble around with tweaks and just set xp rate back to 1 and advertize a lot on the various forums about how cool and vanilla we are.

My 2p.
[Pickles, lvl 57 Tauren druid // Moonshot, lvl 35 NE hunter]

Hundread

Post by Hundread » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm honestly taking it slow, since I'm burning myself out doing factory work and anything else that might pop up. I don't mind the rates.

This additional challenge should stay as a warning to force people to group together, quest together, do professions together, probably even trade and auction.

You should check activity rates on those characters as well. Fair few might have came, tried and left what you are offering.
maintenance_turtle

Pocsfasz

Post by Pocsfasz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:48 pm

I like it how it is currently. The lower XP rate is somewhat the key factor what drew me in. I leveled in places where I have never had to before, which was a very unique experience. But I can see the point of other people, maybe the XP rates could be set to regular (or have an option for it) as soon as you reach lvl 30 or lvl 35

Gerrard

Post by Gerrard » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Greetings, dear developers.
Very glad to see that you want to improve the server. First of all, I would like to draw attention to a large number of bugs, ranging from ordinary mobs to tasks. It would not be bad for you to raise the level of experience gained for assignments in two. Increased the percentage of objects dropout for completing tasks and equipment items. It is a great desire that you communicate with the players more often, pay attention to their requests both in the game chat and on the forum. And most importantly, make a good advertisement for your server, otherwise everything will be empty without players.
Thanks for attention.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 pm

I like the pace. Perfect to me. Although I'd suggest to make an option in shell shop for those who want normal XP rates, since they are all so rushing to the end. Let'em buy it.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com

Holykill

Post by Holykill » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Leveling is painfully slow. After level 30 it's difficult to find a group for dungeons or elite quests, so besides the slow rates, dungeon and group quests are also left undone. Same about PvP - couldn't find a single WSG after 10-19 bracket. I'd prefer 1-2x of normal experience so that we can get to 60 sooner, have active battlegrounds and go through end-game content.

It would also be nice to have a faction-shared world chat, mailbox and AH. In world chat we would at least be able to encourage others to join battlegrounds.