Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Poll: What kind of scaling should we apply to Naxxramas?

30 - 40
31%
35 - 40
13%
No scaling (40)
56%

Total votes: 64

Paladin276

Re: Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Post by Paladin276 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 am

A thought,

A few people have tier 3 now, at least the first set bonus. The druid tier 3 in particular will be a net increase in DPS due to the fact that regrowth now grants rage to the warrior s that it's thrown on. It might not make a huge difference, or seem like it will, but it may be an edge the raid needs. Not toentiom Smultron has a set bonus now and the warrior bonuses are crazy good.

Why don't we try this first before we keep or remove scaling?
Kilan - 60 human Warrior

"Ahn Karanir Thanagor"

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Tue May 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Paladin276 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 am
A thought,

A few people have tier 3 now, at least the first set bonus. The druid tier 3 in particular will be a net increase in DPS due to the fact that regrowth now grants rage to the warrior s that it's thrown on. It might not make a huge difference, or seem like it will, but it may be an edge the raid needs. Not toentiom Smultron has a set bonus now and the warrior bonuses are crazy good.

Why don't we try this first before we keep or remove scaling?
yeah i hear that 2 rage is a gamechanger happy_turtle_head
E.R.

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm

About the Druid T3, it will really matter on MT and mana users.
When it starts being OP on Warrs is when Execute Phase starts, because you want as much rage as you can muster to execute.

Doonis

Post by Doonis » Tue May 04, 2021 4:23 pm

I believe that there should still be scaling for Naxxramas, because there are raid groups that are barely able to get 20 or 30 people for raids like Molten Core and other raid groups that aren't even able to put together a viable party composition to attempt a scaled down 40-man raid.

Additionally, for players who are only able to play during non-peak times for the server due to time zone differences or scheduling conflicts, any group that fits their schedule might be unable to get a full 40 people together for an unscaled raid.

For these reason, I think leaving the scaling at 30-40 would be a benefit to more players ang guilds.

- A level 60 warrior
Draehja (60 Warrior)

Toirto

Post by Toirto » Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm

- vargash 60 shaman

I think making naxx take more time will give more time for game development so I'd say not having scaling is good for future content.
Though I guess that having scaling in Naxxramas would still fit the server RIGHT NOW as most raid groups
don't hit exactly 40 people quite often.
(I voted no scaling)

Badling

Post by Badling » Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Level 60 Smultron here, Raid leader and all that of Thunder Ale.

My vote was for 35-40, but i also think that 30-40 is a good thing, canceling raids on holidays are sad!

35-40 people scaling helps with benching and people not being able to join, i hate having players sitting out from raid when promised, And you also have to realise that we're not hardcore at all, People have lives that they must tend to, Real life must always go first, we're just a bunch of nerds that love this game and server.

we are progressing smoothly enough with the currently no scaling for now, but we're going to hit some big roadblocks real soon, even with having as low as 30-35 people, And its not about making a raid easy as some people seems to think, stop saying things you don't seem to have an idea about, its just strange.

in almost all cases (some exceptions) the fights are harder and less forgiving with less people.
-Scaling only affects the HP and melee damage of a boss or mob-
-it does NOT affect ANY spells or abilities the bosses have-

its kinda rough to have to hear that people belive that the raids are easier because of scaling, and that we only want it to make raids easier and exploit or something, it's not about making raids easier, its about making it more accessible for everyone, we've been at this for almost 2 years slowly growing.

Also keep 20-40 and 12-20 for the other raids, becuase punishing our newer raid groups would be a terrible crying shame, just because some people can't find their ways into any of the many established wonderfully nice raid groups that exist, just talk to people for crying out loud! You can even start a new gang with all the new 60s we're getting!

--- I will also say this, Even if i already said it. ---
Most things of pure convenience is not a bad thing, it removes some parts of the game that is just not fun
there are several massively big pvp servers you can go on if you want the 100% authentic experience of being benched or getting naxx gear as soon as you hit 60 and getting ganked out in the world.

On here we just want to have fun and experience what comes, some of us started on here when we could not run a single dungeon, and the only way to gear was to make friends with a blacksmith! im very happy those days are over, but i will admit that seeing names that are relatively new tell us that we're doing it the way -they- don't like bothers me very little, just please don't punish everyone else with something as silly as removing scaling, one of the things that makes the raiding scene thrive even with smaller groups, Retail had it right on this one.

And another point - the goal is always for Thunder Ale n Co to have 40 people in every raid, some of you seem to belive that we are cheesing fights by scaling and that has never been done and will never be done, Not once in almost 2 years of raiding.

Not being able to raid becuase you miss people sucks! #cancelholidays
Much love - Smultron

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Tue May 04, 2021 6:19 pm

No scaling

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Tue May 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Or better 35-40

Cerzis

Post by Cerzis » Wed May 05, 2021 2:41 pm

i am for scaling. not because it would be easier. no, with scaling more people have chances to raid, because there are many different timezone players are from and often it s very late or extrem early for some people. new groups could start at better times for them.
but i my eyes it s more fun to have 40 people in Naxx. it feels right.
less people means faster loot but also you are not allowed to do many mistakes. a big group can safe you but a small group is badly punished for even one mistake. and 20 people group is only different as 40 not better or worse. (less hp of boss and all these things ok, but you need to know what is to do) so the older raids should be the normal 20+/12+ scaling for finding together and fast gearing up but naxx should be not scaling staring with 20+; 30 or 35 would be good for new groups.

-Morrgoth- Raidlead of the Schmetterlingsraidgroup

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Wed May 05, 2021 6:54 pm

dungeons raids should have gradual difficulty areas for 2-3-4-5man... the deeper you go the harder it gets
raids should have 10-25-40 man areas
so people could see if they are interested at all

the numbers have no explanation anyway for role playing aspect
more than that, theorycrafting is what makes old games alive

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Thu May 06, 2021 5:21 am

Is it possible to implement loot scaling alongside the current scaling system? i.e. 20man version drops 50% of the loot of the 40man version.

The only arguments against scaling that I'm seeing are "Scaling makes it easier" (which is demonstrably untrue, unsure where this misconception comes from) and "Scaling leads to a gear surplus". There really is no possible fix for the "easier" argument since it's untrue, but loot scaling would address the gear surplus concern.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Naxx already drops 2 items per boss, any reduction would reduce that to 1 or none.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 pm

and who exactly is raiding naxx now ?

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun May 09, 2021 11:24 pm

Well, then something to think, with reference to what Dragunovi just mentioned:

Once a raid is no longer the most advanced raid (most recent) in the game, then it seems that scaling could be applied to the raid that was the last 'top raid' (in this case, Naxx, if a new raid is created)

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Molten Core was the latest raid when we added scaling, and we wouldn't have completed it without it. It's fair to say that the server would likely still not have completed MC due to the lack of people sticking around to not raid. It makes no sense to have a problem with it now.

So it again comes down to why scaling was added; lack of population. We either have the population to remove it, or we do not. Hold true to your ideals either way, and don't be a hypocrite.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Mon May 10, 2021 9:16 pm

Thanks a lot to everyone who participated. Due to mixed opinions, we have decided to find a common ground and set Naxxramas scaling down to a minimum of 35; that is from 35 to 40 players. This way the feature is not completely removed but is small enough to simply avoid punishing raid groups that aren't able to reach the exact number of 40 players.