Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Poll: What kind of scaling should we apply to Naxxramas?

30 - 40
31%
35 - 40
13%
No scaling (40)
56%

Total votes: 64

Qixel

Re: Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Post by Qixel » Mon May 03, 2021 8:45 pm

There's a lot of people not raiding Naxx with opinions on how the people raiding Naxx should do so, but my personal view is that it's hard to know if it's justified long term while the bosses have as many increased difficulty modifiers as they currently do.

At the moment, I would say 35-40 is absolutely fair. Once all the mechanics are working properly, that assessment may change.

-Engie

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 pm

Even though they're not, its their future too. They should have a say in it too.
Still making items...
Dragunovi - Level 60 Human Tankadin
Dragunir - Level 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest
Dragun - Level 17 Troll Hunter
Dragunis - Level 60 Human Warlock
Zephyris - Level 60 Elemental Shaman

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 pm

What if result of this poll ends up to be *no scaling at all* with 50 votes, but other two options that favor scaling each with 26 votes, will you enable scaling in that scenario or not?

As much as Im aware there is only one raid group venturing into Naxx at this point and that group is struggling with raider appearance, forcing that group to raid naxx with 40 players can have negative effect on other raid groups if their members decide to go up raid tier and join other 'stronger' group.
~Bringing server together~ might end up splitting them up.
Some time ago, there was pretty much only one raid group that did '40 man' content, and second one starting at the time struggled for months to get enough players to start clearing MC. Imagine if they had to get closer to 40 players online for a raid, while other group still remained with 40+ of their own players. Having scaling enabled at that time made it easier for those players to form a new group and raid together.

This is a small server with grown-up playerbase with limited 'online time', scaling is not punishing groups that wants to raid with 40 players, and I dont think anyone is specifically going to a certain raid with less than 40 players because it might be easier to clear or there is less competition for loot that way. On the other hand not having scaling will punish a raid group that struggles to keep their raider attendance and if they dont, it will punish those players who have to sit out that raid night because raid leaders had to secure full group and invited more players that it was needed.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 pm
Even though they're not, its their future too. They should have a say in it too.

its not, 100% of players are allowed to vote, not 100% of players will get to level 60
Last edited by Sebastian on Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Mon May 03, 2021 8:56 pm

Mina

Post by Mina » Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
By the time another raid touches aq40, I bet they wont have a problem filling it up to 40, and not even talking about naxx

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 pm

Mina wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm
Dragunovi wrote:
By the time another raid touches aq40, I bet they wont have a problem filling it up to 40, and not even talking about naxx
We don't know what'll happen by then, nothing is certain.
Still making items...
Dragunovi - Level 60 Human Tankadin
Dragunir - Level 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest
Dragun - Level 17 Troll Hunter
Dragunis - Level 60 Human Warlock
Zephyris - Level 60 Elemental Shaman

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon May 03, 2021 9:30 pm

Bayanni wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:05 pm
No scaling, I'd rather Naxx be something the server comes together to defeat rather than a farm for 25 or so people in each guild that can make it
I am not even close to 60 on any toon, but the principle here is what I stand behind. Naxx needs to be the big one, unaltered.

Davebert

Post by Davebert » Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm

I vote no scaling, but only if all scaling is removed from all raids. Why is Naxxramas special just because it came out last? Everyone should have to struggle through the raids, with or without a full group.

- daave

Davebert

Post by Davebert » Mon May 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Deathbizzle wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 pm
Level 60, Rogue. I truly believe that the raid should be made without scaling because of the simple fact that the raid will be done with 40 people.. There are guilds here that don't look out for the newbies that are just now reaching 60 its taking them weeks-months to even see their first MC based off this simple fact. I do believe that the raid will have to be tweaked a little bit but at the same time TABC will be the first guild in and out based on their gearscore they easily out gear the beginning stages of the raid. That being said they also aren't very welcoming to new players looking to join the raid scene which kinda blows for people that are fully geared MC not allowing them into BWL and things like that even if there is a slot open they don't want to invite them because of 2 reasons and I'm pretty sure the NUMBER 1 reason is because of the scaling that's already implemented. NUMBER 2 because they don't want to waste their time on someone who may or may not have knowledge on the fight and most likely don't feel like reciting what that person is to do each and every raid. So in short no scaling will allow more players into those raids as well as help the newbies get their foot in the door.
TABC has a public MC, Tuesday at 19 ST. If you can join discord, you can join us. :)

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Davebert wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm
I vote no scaling, but only if all scaling is removed from all raids. Why is Naxxramas special just because it came out last? Everyone should have to struggle through the raids, with or without a full group.

- daave
this.
E.R.

Paladin276

Post by Paladin276 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Davebert wrote:

- daave
Sure. If thats the consensus. even scaled MC or BWL aren't any easier or harder, especially with the gear a lot of the raid teams already have. Not to mention the MC raids I've seen have had either full 40 man teams or something close to it. BWL is seeing similar numbers.
Kilan - 60 human Warrior

"Ahn Karanir Thanagor"

Braisusenpai

Post by Braisusenpai » Mon May 03, 2021 10:03 pm

LvL 60, Druid. No scaling, not just for Naxx, for all future content. Making it easier decreases the challenge and the satisfaction of finally clearing a raid. With the challenge comes the fun.

Suwuxiv

Post by Suwuxiv » Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm

Davebert wrote:

- daave
Yeah I agree with this. If people really want a challenge let's make it a challenge across the board. If there's to be no scaling in Naxx, let's make there be none for all other raids, too.

The whole point of scaling being added to begin with was, and quoting here:
We have been thinking about this because we need to be aware that even if we have the best community, we are not that big, and letting our level 60 players do PvE content without needing to set up the raid meeting MONTHS before the actual date is the best we can do to make everyone happy.
Which is literally what the current Naxx raiding group (TABC) wants to use it for. It's not to make the raid easier, it's more to make raiding doable in the event we have absences. Turtle WoW is still a low population server and now with three raiding groups the player pool of available raiders that are capable of doing Naxx is slim.

Suwuxiv

Post by Suwuxiv » Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm