Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Poll: What kind of scaling should we apply to Naxxramas?

30 - 40
31%
35 - 40
13%
No scaling (40)
56%

Total votes: 64

Pompa

Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Post by Pompa » Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Greetings! As you know, Turtle WoW has a unique scaling feature where 20 man raids are scaled from 12 to 20 players and 40 man raids from 20 to 40. However, since Naxxramas is the final raid of original Vanilla, we wanted to ask the community about what should we do with it and hear everyone's opinion on this matter.

PLEASE, if you vote, make sure to also post a comment explaining why have you decided that option and if you have a level 60 already or not.

Thanks a lot!
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Bayanni

Re: Naxxramas caling: Community Poll

Post by Bayanni » Mon May 03, 2021 8:05 pm

No scaling, I'd rather Naxx be something the server comes together to defeat rather than a farm for 25 or so people in each guild that can make it

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon May 03, 2021 8:12 pm

No scaling, Naxxramas is intended to be the absolute end to Vanilla, (for now atleast) The Dread Necropolis should require a true army to conquer, not a small strike force.
Still making items...
Dragunovi - Level 60 Human Tankadin
Dragunir - Level 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest
Dragun - Level 17 Troll Hunter
Dragunis - Level 60 Human Warlock
Zephyris - Level 60 Elemental Shaman

Drax

Post by Drax » Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 pm

Lvl 60 Warr, in Naxx, I think we should have minimal scalling. It's gonna help the people in future and it will stay at almost full ammount so it shouldnt change it drastically. So I will vote for 35-40

Mina

Post by Mina » Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 pm

Scaling? For end content? There is absolutely no need for it. Make it challenging, make people actually focus on trash pulls.

-Best mage

Suwuxiv

Post by Suwuxiv » Mon May 03, 2021 8:20 pm

I think 35-40 scaling would be fine for Naxxramas. This is a small server still yet and sometimes people do have life obligations or whatever and won't be able to make it on a given day to raid.

Filling their spot with someone capable can be very rough due to population. A tiny little bit of scaling however helps alleviate that yet preserves the challenge.

~ Faralynn.

Lukkas462

Post by Lukkas462 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:21 pm

no scailing, i agree with both Dragunovi and Bayanni, naxx is vanilla end game, so it needs to be hard.
Glory to the Scarlet Crusade

Daelir The Lone Blade
Aszura Fairhand

Gnarbrok

Post by Gnarbrok » Mon May 03, 2021 8:27 pm

I am for 30-40 scaling. It seems to me that flexibility is healthy for raids, since it allows for raids to start even if gathering all 40 people is not possible and for people to be somewhat reassured that they can find a spot in Naxx runs when they are geared. I think 35-40 is a fine option too. (I'm not fully decided between them really.) But those above me make good and compelling points in favor of no scaling too. However, I'm not sure that scaling diminishes the difficulty of the content (please correct me if I am wrong), since isn't the point of scaling to make the content have the same difficulty with less people?
Edit: I have a 60.
Edit 2: To clarify: It seems to me that scaling nicely prevents the following scenario (hypothetical, but it is clear how such a scenario often obtains). Suppose you have 70 Naxx-ready players. 40 players form a group and run Naxx. 30 players cannot complete Naxx, and so do not get to run it. From the perspective of one of those 30 extra players, you might as well have only 40 Naxx-ready players on the server for all the good the other 29 do for them. But with scaling, this problem is alleviated. Instead of a player having to hope for 39 other Naxx-ready players to raid with, they only have to hope for 29, which is not as bad. In my experience, getting to 60 is quite fun. But what sucks is waiting around at 60 for things to happen, hoping to fill a raid spot, and scaling makes that not so bad.
You might respond: yes, but with this logic, where do we draw the line? It is not like we want raids doable by one person! I agree, but thankfully our options are 30-40, 35-40, and no scaling. So the lines have been drawn for us.
I hope my reasoning here is helpful to some.
Last edited by Gnarbrok on Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paladin276

Post by Paladin276 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Probably going to get Crucified for this.

Kilan, level 60 warrior.

Absolutely not. This is supposed to be the most difficult raid in Vanilla, And while scaling only affects health pools I've seen what the difference between having some scaling and no scaling. We're not the tiny server we were when Progression began, Just in doom turtles alone I'm running into Molten Core with a full raid team, and we've even had full raids in AQ40 with TABC.
Kilan - 60 human Warrior

"Ahn Karanir Thanagor"

Deathbizzle

Post by Deathbizzle » Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 pm

Level 60, Rogue. I truly believe that the raid should be made without scaling because of the simple fact that the raid will be done with 40 people.. There are guilds here that don't look out for the newbies that are just now reaching 60 its taking them weeks-months to even see their first MC based off this simple fact. I do believe that the raid will have to be tweaked a little bit but at the same time TABC will be the first guild in and out based on their gearscore they easily out gear the beginning stages of the raid. That being said they also aren't very welcoming to new players looking to join the raid scene which kinda blows for people that are fully geared MC not allowing them into BWL and things like that even if there is a slot open they don't want to invite them because of 2 reasons and I'm pretty sure the NUMBER 1 reason is because of the scaling that's already implemented. NUMBER 2 because they don't want to waste their time on someone who may or may not have knowledge on the fight and most likely don't feel like reciting what that person is to do each and every raid. So in short no scaling will allow more players into those raids as well as help the newbies get their foot in the door.

Reman

Post by Reman » Mon May 03, 2021 8:33 pm

You know who I am.

No scaling on Naxxramas. Bayanni and Dragu both put it perfectly: it should be the final challenge it's meant to be, and having scaling on that raid would completely go against that.

Drax

Post by Drax » Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 pm

*yesterday literally bought people who werent in BWL into AQ40*

Netbeck

Post by Netbeck » Mon May 03, 2021 8:35 pm

The same way Karazhan should be - no scaling. There are enough people gearing up and getting ready. It wont be a problem to get the people for it.

*edit Oh, yeah. I have a level 60 character.
Last edited by Netbeck on Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon May 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Yep no scaling please. Naxx should be a real obstacle we have to band together for. The last naxx raid we did last weekend with no scaling, felt just right in being really punishing, and I'm enjoying myself.

I'd argue no scaling for aq40 either, but i fear people would just stop raiding it because of some annoying encounters being unbearably annoying with no scaling.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Gonk - Hardcore leveling Goblin Mage

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 pm

I believe future custom raids should have no scaling either, they'll be the next final frontier, just wanted to add this as an addendum.
Still making items...
Dragunovi - Level 60 Human Tankadin
Dragunir - Level 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest
Dragun - Level 17 Troll Hunter
Dragunis - Level 60 Human Warlock
Zephyris - Level 60 Elemental Shaman