Mortal Mode: Community Poll

Poll: What shall happen to the mortal characters upon their death?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm

I want character locked and not longer available for playing
65%
I want character to become a normal character upon death
35%

Total votes: 92

Scorpf

Re: Mortal Mode: Community Poll

Post by Scorpf » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 pm

Also my vote would be for first choice eg locked - Mortal means mortal

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Scorpf wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm
2) The shimmering flats raceway auto flight eg from npc in Stromwind causing huge damage and death upon landing at the raceway eg level 48 it took half my hp so needs fixing as it already kills lower level players and Mortal Mode bug deaths would be tragic.
You receive flying buff before screen change and load of new location. So if for some reason your load speed is long then you end up in Thousand Needles with half duration and die from falling..

I wonder how fast the hype goes down after people start dying to dc or crash.

Oswani

Post by Oswani » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:49 pm

<You Only Live Once> would have been nice if it wasn’t associated with such cringe today lol

Davance

Re: Mortal Mode + Small Intro

Post by Davance » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:31 am

Hi Everyone.
Myself, my Wife and my Son have all decided to start here some 2 weeks ago, slowly getting back into the experience.

My wife had never played but is thoroughly enjoying it, my Son became pretty formidable at Hunter a year ago in Henhouse. And I being the old dog played right from day one back in 2004, firstly on Alliance until RP-PvP was launched where I switched to Horde on Defias Brotherhood (EU).

I felt Turtle-WoW had that 'little extra' and was RP and chilled which was a good place for my wife to begin.

Didn't take classic seriously after it became a meta capped, Elitist Steamer-fest with plenty of "no changes" dead_turtle_head

I did read this post through but I might of missed something with these old eyes of mine; so I popped in to ask this hoping it hasn't already been asked. But what about class specific abilities? How are they affected in Mortal Mode e.g Soulstone and a Shaman's self resurrection ability?
My personal take having played both classes up to 80 in WotLK before quitting is that they should be allowed as there are plenty of times one forgets to summon a new soulstone for various reasons or forgets to buy Ankh's which then leads to plenty of cursing at your next death due to your own stupidity.

Anyway good to be here, I'm sure we'll be around and in and out of discord now and again. Happy travels!

Davance

Post by Davance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:59 am

To add a couple of thoughts on the Guild Name.

1. The Holy Grail
2. Alas,/ to Strive and Die
3. Seeking Divinity
4. The/A Mortal Struggle
5. Only the Strong - Only the Brave (from the movie '300')
6. YOLO!

Murgoth

Post by Murgoth » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:52 am

Dying by the opossite faction will count as a perma death?
PS: Sry if the server is pve on all zones, i'm new and waiting for this mode before starting turtle_tongue_head

Scorpf

Post by Scorpf » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:49 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Scorpf wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm
2) The shimmering flats raceway auto flight eg from npc in Stromwind causing huge damage and death upon landing at the raceway eg level 48 it took half my hp so needs fixing as it already kills lower level players and Mortal Mode bug deaths would be tragic.
You receive flying buff before screen change and load of new location. So if for some reason your load speed is long then you end up in Thousand Needles with half duration and die from falling..

I wonder how fast the hype goes down after people start dying to dc or crash.
Oh right that is interesting and needs fixing for sure - dual core, 4gb ddr3 ram, ssd, and it's still not long enough buff to avoid the damage. Sounds like an easy enough fix but I do know things might be tricky to fix right now for them. Mortal mode will really highlight certain bugs so maybe when mode starts we should all roll a Mortal Alt to test areas before sending our Mortal mains in eg SFK

Food for thought and cheers for your detailed reply ;o)

Davance

Post by Davance » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:13 am

That's a really awesome idea. Twice as long to level but one could end up with 2 Immortals and not 1. Especially if the alt was a rogue you could easily scout out grinding areas/ instances in stealth.