World of Warcraft 1.15.0

Roxanneflowers

Re: World of Warcraft 1.15.0

Post by Roxanneflowers » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Well, at this point we have mac users and windows users who are having problems with the patch not working. At this point I suspect that the root cause of the problem is the 32-bit vs 64-bit divide. Although "modern" operating systems all moved to 64-bit codebases years ago, World of Warcraft was originally encoded for 32-bit operating systems so a lot of the game clients that people had been using were running on 32-bit foundations (and for some configurations of hardware+software, 32-bit encoding is the only option available for older systems).

In other words, One Size Does NOT Fit All.

The question then becomes ... can Turtle WoW offer 32-bit and 64-bit encoding alternatives for the patch files or not? So far the answer has been NO, causing a loss of former Players (myself among them) who are locked out of the update due to compatibility issues.

Or to put it another way, just because I've got a sandwich doesn't mean that no one else in the world can be going hungry.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:31 pm

We do not have client sources and cannot provide Vanilla WoW.exe in x64. Windows 10 users can run our app just fine. I am using it myself without any problems. Please, get in touch with other Mac users on our Discord and ask how did they get their game up and running. I'm sure there's a workaround for your problem.

Vongeijer

Post by Vongeijer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm

I can try to do a guide as I manage to play the expansion on my mac with PlayonMac. I will do fresh install tomorrow and document it step by step.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 am

Vongeijer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm
I can try to do a guide as I manage to play the expansion on my mac with PlayonMac. I will do fresh install tomorrow and document it step by step.
Include your OSX version in your details, it could be relevant.

Rudyraccoon

Post by Rudyraccoon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 am

Oleglo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:27 pm
So far so good. Very impressive even for a small team imo.

Bugs/Inconsistencies I've encountered:
- Camera being teleported to a random location and then crash.
- Not being able to learn guns as high elf warrior.
- Ally's warrior quest for defensive stance forces you into "At War" relationship with Stormwind for kicking the drunkard's butt, took me a while to realize that and turn it off to be able to turn in quest.
- For high elf quest requiring to free the captives from dwarves, opening cage doesn't complete the objective for all party members, only for the one who opens it, forcing all the other to wait for the cage to close back up.

Things I've heard:
- High elves zone is well balanced apart from last quest that involves freeing the captives from dwarves.
- Sprit healer ressurection is glitched?

Overall, I'm pretty damn impressed, THANK YOU for your awesome work!
Can't even learn guns as a High Elf Hunter. sad_turtle

Vongeijer

Post by Vongeijer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Vongeijer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm
It seems that I have encountered some problems. I have the game running on 27" iMac late 2015 and I tried to install it on MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2014 and it did not work out as I planned. I will try to get it to work on MacBook tomorrow as I had bit too long and tough day at work today.

Bennykau

Post by Bennykau » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:48 am

Heya,

I used the information provided to modify my mac i386 binary. I changed the version number and the build date, which it reports correctly when I launch. How ever when I connect it insists on downloading the update.

I couldn't patch the Net build version as 5875u does not exist in the binary.
I also could not apply the "GlueXML & FrameXML protections removed".

I have also patched the WoW.app/Contents/Info.plist

What triggers the download ?

Cheers,

Ben.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:32 am

Bennykau wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:48 am
Heya,

I used the information provided to modify my mac i386 binary. I changed the version number and the build date, which it reports correctly when I launch. How ever when I connect it insists on downloading the update.

I couldn't patch the Net build version as 5875u does not exist in the binary.
I also could not apply the "GlueXML & FrameXML protections removed".

I have also patched the WoW.app/Contents/Info.plist

What triggers the download ?

Cheers,

Ben.
Net Build triggers the download.
Could you please send me unmodified MAC file on mail? [email protected]

Bennykau

Post by Bennykau » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:13 am

Sent !

Vimari

Post by Vimari » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:36 am

turtle_in_love_head

Adolphlung

Post by Adolphlung » Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 am

Dude, playing games on an Apple product is one of the most difficult things in life. I had a mac for a few years and the biggest struggle for me was installing and playing games on it. I suggest you buy a PC that supports Windows and look for CD Keys on different websites, like https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/games/ba ... adowlands/. Maybe after you buy a PC you won't have a lot of money and maybe you will not be able to afford games. If you look for CD keys you will find websites that sell games at a reduced cost or find bundles and different offers.