Tomorrow we will shutdown our services for 5-10 hours maintenance to perform a hardware update and to prepare our infrastructure for a new server setup to assure a comfortable gaming experience for everyone. The server will be back online on the evening of January 5th.
While the server is down, please join our Discord to monitor our realm status and chat with our dearest community: https://discord.gg/mBGxmHy
The update will be automatically downloaded when you login in game. However, if you would like to download the game client prior to release, use one of those links to download World of Warcraft 1.15.0:
- Mirror I: https://worldofwarcraft.me/client.zip
- Mirror II: https://anonfiles.com/L7hcad64p9/client_zip
- Mirror III: https://gofile.io/d/1dEOhQ
We understand you might feel worried about a private server making changes to your game, so we have compiled a list of updates. Anyone who’s willing to check it could perform the necessary checks and then compare file hashes.
Our patch contains all new graphic and DBC assets for our custom expansions: models, items, spells, objects, sounds and much more. If you feel wary about this content, you’re free to open it with any MPQ Editor (for example, Ladik’s MPQ editor) and look inside.
WoW.exe (1.15.0 Build 6000), additional DLLs & TWPatcher.exe
A small application will be uploaded into your game folder. Do not be afraid of it even if some antiviruses might warn you about it. This file simply has yet no publisher info, that’s why it may trigger a red flag. Its purpose is to place the MPQ file into your Data folder and to patch your binary with the following changes:
New content is great! What about bugs?GlueXML & FrameXML protections removed:
- 0x2f113a > 0xeb, 0x19
- 0x2f1158 > 0x03
- 0x2f11a7 > 0x03
- 0x2f11f0 > 0xeb, 0xb2
- 0x00434798 > Visual patch version changed from original value of 1.12.1 to 1.15.0
- 0x001B2122 > Net build version changed from original value of 5875u to 6000u
- 0x00437BFC > Visual build version changed from original value of 5875 to 6000
- 0x00434798 > Visual build date changed from Sep 19 2006 to Jan 05 2021
Modified web-filter restrictions for LaunchURL() for new logon screen menu:
- 0x0045CCD8 > *.worldofwarcraft.co.kr to *.turtle-wow.org
- 0x0045CC9C > *.wowchina.com to *.discord.gg
Support for Discord Rich Presence:
- 0x00004122 > 0x68, 0x60, 0xFF, 0x7F, 0x00, // push 0x007FFF60 (offset to string "DiscordOverlay.dll")
0xFF, 0x15, 0xB4, 0xF2, 0x7F, 0x00, // call ds:LoadLibraryA
0xEb, 0xD1, // jump short _WinMain
- 0x0000999C > 0x82 // Modification for WinMain call to use our code instead, the original content follows.
- 0x003FFF60 > String "DiscordOverlay.dll"
New dynamic-link libraries:
- discord_game_sdk.dll — this is the official Discord Inc. DLL.
- DiscordOverlay.dll — this is our custom DLL which contains actual information about the game required by the Discord application. You can remove it if you want, it will not affect your gameplay.
Special thanks for Giperion for his immeasurable effort to assist us with modifying the WoW binary.
Oh, worry not, there will be plenty! To keep things easy, please use this forum thread to report all new bugs in the first couple of weeks. We will try to release a hotfix-update for most of them after a short break.
There were some client-side issues which we could not resolve in time, but we decided to not delay release any further due it’s non-game breaking nature. We do plan to update and improve it in the future updates:
- Cloaks for Goblin males and females are not visible.
- Goblins are presently lacking character customizations.
- Goblin animations for some actions are missing.
- Cloaks for High Elf males and females have a tear in its geometry.
- High Elf female sits slightly offset from the center of their mounts.
- The new races are currently missing emote voicelines.
- High Elves and Goblins don’t have a background in the dressing room.
- Sometimes textures are white, this is fixed upon a relog. The reason for this is presently unknown.
- Different ranks of Sun's Embrace don't share a cooldown.
- Sun's Embrace doesn't show its cooldown timer.
- HD WoD/Legion models will not work in the expansion. Your graphics will be totally scrambled. Please uninstall this mod prior to updating. We also advise you to uninstall all custom patches due to not really knowing what issues they could cause.
- To update without problems, you need to have the normal Vanilla Client 1.12.1 Build 5875 / 5877 without any binary modifications.
- Make sure you’ve deleted the WDB folder to clear in-game cache. This can fix many minor issues.
If, for some reason, an update has downloaded but has not installed, run TWPatcher.exe manually: double click and run.
- Although the Darker Nights patch is currently compatible with the expansion, it is advised to remove this patch or you will experience visual errors or crashes in future content.
I’d like to thank everyone in our team who contributed a year of their lives developing this expansion patch. You’re all extremely dedicated and outstanding people. I’m happy and proud to be part of such a wonderful team.