High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 739

High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Torta » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:46 am


User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Unangwata » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 am

Nice ! Poor sad elves..

Roxanneflowers
Posts: 222

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:09 am

Wait ... so the High Elves are refugees who fetch up at the Farstrider Lodge in Loch Modan?

User avatar
Nythandral
Posts: 1

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Nythandral » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:57 pm

The voice acting in this is very well done.

User avatar
Anuriel
Posts: 7
Location: UK

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Anuriel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:34 pm

So excited for this ^^
Characters
Anuriel - Druid
Seyrena - Priest

User avatar
Cervantes
Posts: 99

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Cervantes » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Yes well done this is awesome
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

User avatar
Pinacoolada
Posts: 30

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Pinacoolada » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Great quality teaser got me stoked up for the upcoming patch !
But can we please talk about that racial ?
40% mana recovery just seems so excessively overpowered...

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Unangwata » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

Pinacoolada wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm
Great quality teaser got me stoked up for the upcoming patch !
But can we please talk about that racial ?
40% mana recovery just seems so excessively overpowered...
Seems that way at first. But its only pve, and u r out of damage dealing for 8 sec. Hmmm

Roxanneflowers
Posts: 222

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Roxanneflowers » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 am

Unangwata wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
Pinacoolada wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm
Great quality teaser got me stoked up for the upcoming patch !
But can we please talk about that racial ?
40% mana recovery just seems so excessively overpowered...
Seems that way at first. But its only pve, and u r out of damage dealing for 8 sec. Hmmm
It's probably just really poorly explained. If it's more like a racial such as Evocation (which lasts for 8 seconds) for Mages, which is a channeled spell, it would make more sense. If it's a passive always on effect, it would not.

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 138

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Qixel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am

Any info on the priest racials?

Axoc
Posts: 69

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Axoc » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15 am

Roxanneflowers wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 am
Unangwata wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
Pinacoolada wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm
Great quality teaser got me stoked up for the upcoming patch !
But can we please talk about that racial ?
40% mana recovery just seems so excessively overpowered...
Seems that way at first. But its only pve, and u r out of damage dealing for 8 sec. Hmmm
It's probably just really poorly explained. If it's more like a racial such as Evocation (which lasts for 8 seconds) for Mages, which is a channeled spell, it would make more sense. If it's a passive always on effect, it would not.
It's an 8 second cast time, at the end of which you receive 40% of your total mana back. It's not a passive, an evocation, or an innervate. If you take any damage whatsoever during that cast time, the cast instantly fails.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Unangwata » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am

Axoc wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15 am
It's an 8 second cast time, at the end of which you receive 40% of your total mana back. It's not a passive, an evocation, or an innervate. If you take any damage whatsoever during that cast time, the cast instantly fails.
Good for paladin bubble during fight.
Qixel wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am
Any info on the priest racials?
Yeah didn't think of that. Might be even more interesting than normal racial since priests get 2 unique spells. I'm really curious.

User avatar
Pinacoolada
Posts: 30

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Pinacoolada » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm

We already gave paladins one OP ability , this is just gonna make helf palas godlike ...
Also every racial is an instant cast, the logic behind that I guess is it's something that comes natural to races, something you can't learn but are born with so you activate it when needed. This seems like a spell more than a racial trait.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Unangwata » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Pinacoolada wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm
We already gave paladins one OP ability , this is just gonna make helf palas godlike ...
Also every racial is an instant cast, the logic behind that I guess is it's something that comes natural to races, something you can't learn but are born with so you activate it when needed. This seems like a spell more than a racial trait.
Don't start it, Holy Strike is not OP..

Roxanneflowers
Posts: 222

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Roxanneflowers » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:50 pm
Pinacoolada wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm
We already gave paladins one OP ability
Don't start it, Holy Strike is not OP..
My first thought was a reference to Paladin bubbles ...

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 138

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Qixel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Pinacoolada wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm
Also every racial is an instant cast
/pokes Escape Artist with obvious disappointment

User avatar
Pinacoolada
Posts: 30

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Pinacoolada » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:37 pm

Qixel wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:38 pm
Pinacoolada wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm
Also every racial is an instant cast
/pokes Escape Artist with obvious disappointment
I mean that one kinda makes sense, gnomes are small but still it takes tiniest bit of time for them (0.5 sec ) to get out of a trap

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 138

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Qixel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm

And high elves are skilled with magic but it still takes a bit to gather the Mana. :3

User avatar
Breidr
Posts: 26
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Breidr » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Move Over VanillaPlus.

Himyname
Posts: 43

Re: High Elves: story introduction & racial traits

Post by Himyname » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Pinacoolada wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm
Great quality teaser got me stoked up for the upcoming patch !
But can we please talk about that racial ?
40% mana recovery just seems so excessively overpowered...
I agree. I felt the Blood Elf Arcane racial explosion was pretty OP as well.

On another note it looks like High Elves starting zone is in Loch Modan. I feel they should share Stormwind and Elwynn forest with the humans since gnomes and dwarves already share that location.

Post Reply