Patch 1.15.0 — Episode I

Torta

Patch 1.15.0 — Episode I

Post by Torta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 am

Greetings!

We will soon release the first ever fully-interactive story expansion for Vanilla WoW. This expansion will take a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the relatively low-fantasy world of Vanilla WoW over the higher fantasy of the cosmic battle with the Legion. It's heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.

In addition to new dungeons, raids, and zones, the expansion will also feature two new races. A group of greedy Goblins will split off from the Venture Company to join their fellow outcasts in the Horde, and High Elf refugees from the fall of Quel'Thalas will lend their magical talents to the Alliance.

Prepare yourself for an all-new, never-told chapter in the story of World of Warcraft: a three-part expansion storyline that will lead you on adventures never had and to depths never visited.

Learn more about upcoming expansion on our website: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion

Jordus

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Jordus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you team for all you have done and are doing.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Torta, do you even have a guesstimate of a window of opportunity for this release?

Snigery

Post by Snigery » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:22 pm

I started here as a Tauren and loved the approach to adventure and questing so I tried RPing my quests rather than grinding. I actually skipped all the quests in Booty Bay and most Goblin related quests given what the Venture Co. is doing in Mulgore. I can't bring myself to understand how a Tauren tolerates them and how they get into the Horde? The Venture Co. does some horrible things, and even then I barely understand their acceptance of the Forsaken/Undead on the grounds that they believe they can help 'cure' their condition....and then proceed to complete quests all involving plagues, toxins, death, disease, chemical torture and the like. I'm kind of surprised the playable race is a goblin since I think they are in later expansions. I thought it might've been something else.

Itje

Post by Itje » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Epic! Can't wait ... turtle_tongue_head

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm

This looks great, I've got a question what area/areas is the level range?
I don't have a max level character yet due to waiting to level a Highelf.
Just thinking should i level my current character so i can play the new stuff once it goes life?
Nice work btw :)
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Cervantes wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm
This looks great, I've got a question what area/areas is the level range?
I don't have a max level character yet due to waiting to level a Highelf.
Just thinking should i level my current character so i can play the new stuff once it goes life?
Nice work btw :)
Having a high level alt with gold definitely helps when you're leveling up a new character. But if you're afraid you're going to get burnt out, I suppose it'd be better to wait.

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Thanks Mac :) yeah i'm going to wait i think and get that fresh feeling, looking forward to this. :)
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm

I really can't wait. Any hints what ETA might be please ?

Anuriel

Post by Anuriel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm

This all look so cool happy_turtle_head Really can't wait to try out high elves. :)
Characters
Anuriel - Druid
Seyrena - Priest

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Greetings,
as a fellow long time Turtle Wow player, I have eagerly awaited new on this. I do have some questions:
  1. Torta wrote:
    Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 am
    We will soon release the first ever fully-interactive story expansion for Vanilla WoW.
    Can we have an estimated ETA? I would like to plan a time when to come back to Turtle WoW.
  2. Torta wrote:
    This expansion will take a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the relatively low-fantasy world of Vanilla WoW over the higher fantasy of the cosmic battle with the Legion.
    Does this mean we will have to use a TBC Client with special Custom patches or a Vanilla Wow Client with special Custom Patches?
  3. Torta wrote:
    It's heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.
    I would like a breakdown of this since a lot of this would most likely be ret-con according to the current style of the lore.
  4. Torta wrote:
    In addition to new dungeons, raids, and zones, the expansion will also feature two new races.
    Will this feature a custom Race Faction for both High Elves and Goblins?
  5. Torta wrote:
    Prepare yourself for an all-new, never-told chapter in the story of World of Warcraft: a three-part expansion storyline that will lead you on adventures never had and to depths never visited.
    So this a a 3 part expansion? will this consist of more custom patches over time or just locked content until a certain time/Quest is completed?
  6. Torta wrote:
    Learn more about upcoming expansion on our website: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion
    The reason I ask these questions is because this link does not give an answer to many of the questions I am asking. Can we possibly get an update on this page as well?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:12 am

Jcarrill0 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:02 pm
Greetings,
as a fellow long time Turtle Wow player, I have eagerly awaited new on this. I do have some questions...
1. January 5th.
2.Your normal Vanilla client will update automatically once expansion is out. There will be one MPQ patch and new custom exe with a build number 1.15.x
3. Please join our Discord, we discuss such matters every day there with our community :)
4. High Elves will join Alliance, Goblins will join Horde. It's all been in our introduction trailers :)
5. We will release story in 3 parts. We don't have a team big enough to work on everything at the same time. Episode 1 will have the following features:

• Two new races: Goblins and High Elves & their starting locations

• Two new zones: Amani'Alor and Alah’Thalas

• Arena 1vs1 (non-rated on release)

• Gambling introduced by fellow Goblins

• New level 60 dungeon: Stormwind Vault

• Over 400 new items for all level brackets

• Two new classes for existing races: Gnome Hunters and Orc Mages

• New mounts, companions & Hunter pets

• General world overhaul with Blizzlike elements

• Cosmetic client enhancements

There will be new episodes with additional content and main story plot released at later dates.

6. Please join our community on Discord. There're too many questions from everyone, making a FAQ long enough is not really possible.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:12 am
Could you elaborate more on the new Hunter pets aspect?

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:12 am
Jcarrill0 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:02 pm
Greetings,
as a fellow long time Turtle Wow player, I have eagerly awaited new on this. I do have some questions...
1. January 5th.
2.Your normal Vanilla client will update automatically once expansion is out. There will be one MPQ patch and new custom exe with a build number 1.15.x
3. Please join our Discord, we discuss such matters every day there with our community :)
4. High Elves will join Alliance, Goblins will join Horde. It's all been in our introduction trailers :)
5. We will release story in 3 parts. We don't have a team big enough to work on everything at the same time. Episode 1 will have the following features:

• Two new races: Goblins and High Elves & their starting locations

• Two new zones: Amani'Alor and Alah’Thalas

• Arena 1vs1 (non-rated on release)

• Gambling introduced by fellow Goblins

• New level 60 dungeon: Stormwind Vault

• Over 400 new items for all level brackets

• Two new classes for existing races: Gnome Hunters and Orc Mages

• General world overhaul with Blizzlike elements

• Cosmetic client enhancements

There will be new episodes with additional content and main story plot released at later dates.

6. Please join our community on Discord. There're too many questions from everyone, making a FAQ long enough is not really possible.
You guys never cease to amaze me!

Siinda

Post by Siinda » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Add a taunt to Paladins would be a nice equalizer.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Siinda wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm
Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm
Siinda wrote:
Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.
And both would be welcome changes.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Qixel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Siinda wrote:
Won't be vanilla

Vaereir

Post by Vaereir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:00 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Qixel wrote:
Unangwata wrote:

Won't be vanilla
Wouldn't adding Goblins, High Elves, new custom content make it.. not Vanilla? I'm just not sure what your definition of vanilla is.

Vanilla to me is playing a class fantasy, and feeling immersed in my role and where I am at rather than sharing the same abilities with others just re-skinned.

Paladins have a protection tree which clearly resembles a line for tanking, why would a taunt for them be far fetched?

I'd take it even further and say all classes should get expanded on.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:54 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Qixel wrote:
Unangwata wrote:

Won't be vanilla
Neither are 2v2 WSG, Races at the Mirage Raceway, Alliance and Horde grouping together, Holy Strike, Plainsrunning, Khadgar's Unlocking, Turtlhu, Winter Veil Vale, 3v3 AB, 5v5 AV, Progressing to rank 14 with less than 1000 active pvpers, Nerubian Overseer being a world boss, coins in the stormwind fountain and orgrimmar waterfall, goblins, high elves, teleports to the arena, wormholes, 36 slot bags, hair dye, raid scaling, or any other change Turtle has made and will continue to make from the original game.

Turtle WoW is not vanilla. People who want vanilla are in the wrong place, Classic is over there, countless vanilla private servers are around if you're too poor to sub. This is Turtle WoW, and trying to stop it from doing good things because that's not what everywhere else would do is asinine.

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Qixel wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:54 am
Turtle WoW is not vanilla. People who want vanilla are in the wrong place, Classic is over there, countless vanilla private servers are around if you're too poor to sub. This is Turtle WoW, and trying to stop it from doing good things because that's not what everywhere else would do is asinine.
You are right, too many changes has been made according to player demands, and that's why I stopped playing Turtle WoW after a couple of years of a very nice vanilla feeeling. I probably will do a little with the new races, just because I'm curious, but Turtle WoW is not any longer Turtle WoW. It's more like "We will do any changes that players want, and we sacrifice everything as long as more players join". And "If there is not enough PVE:ers, we tailor the game to suit PvP needs." PVE RP server? Forget it.

"if you´re too poor to sub"? I could clearly hear sarcasm there. Well, maybe you be "poor" one day, and then I'm sure the tone changes. That said, I simply don't want to pay to Blizzard for a game I've played countless timea. It's simply not worth it. Poor or not.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Turtle is vanilla. Or improved vanilla. Main game mechanics which is combat remain the same, with exception of few scrapped beta features. New races, quests etc doesn't really change vanilla experience, it enriches it. But once you start changing class abilities the vanilla status of the server will be gone and it will downgrade to being FUN server. That's my opinion.

Siinda

Post by Siinda » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 pm
Turtle is vanilla. Or improved vanilla. Main game mechanics which is combat remain the same, with exception of few scrapped beta features. New races, quests etc doesn't really change vanilla experience, it enriches it. But once you start changing class abilities the vanilla status of the server will be gone and it will downgrade to being FUN server. That's my opinion.
That's actually why I brought up the taunt. I was watching patch review videos and it WAS in there during beta stages. It was only removed, as well as some weird Druid shuffling, because one developer thought people wouldn't play multiple tank classes if tanking was "too similar" among them. There are certainly some wild abilities that made sense to remove but crippling a whole talent tree seems like a bit much.