Story Expansion & New Playable Races

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 231

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Unangwata » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Siinda wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm
Add a taunt to Paladins would be a nice equalizer.
Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 105

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Qixel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm
Siinda wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm
Add a taunt to Paladins would be a nice equalizer.
Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.
And both would be welcome changes.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 231

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Unangwata » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Qixel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm
Siinda wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:13 pm
Add a taunt to Paladins would be a nice equalizer.
Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.
And both would be welcome changes.
Won't be vanilla

User avatar
Vaereir
Posts: 4

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Vaereir » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:00 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Qixel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm


Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.
And both would be welcome changes.
Won't be vanilla
Wouldn't adding Goblins, High Elves, new custom content make it.. not Vanilla? I'm just not sure what your definition of vanilla is.

Vanilla to me is playing a class fantasy, and feeling immersed in my role and where I am at rather than sharing the same abilities with others just re-skinned.

Paladins have a protection tree which clearly resembles a line for tanking, why would a taunt for them be far fetched?

I'd take it even further and say all classes should get expanded on.

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 105

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Qixel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:54 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Qixel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm


Adding taunt for paladin would be same as adding non-combat rez for druid. Changed gameplay.
And both would be welcome changes.
Won't be vanilla
Neither are 2v2 WSG, Races at the Mirage Raceway, Alliance and Horde grouping together, Holy Strike, Plainsrunning, Khadgar's Unlocking, Turtlhu, Winter Veil Vale, 3v3 AB, 5v5 AV, Progressing to rank 14 with less than 1000 active pvpers, Nerubian Overseer being a world boss, coins in the stormwind fountain and orgrimmar waterfall, goblins, high elves, teleports to the arena, wormholes, 36 slot bags, hair dye, raid scaling, or any other change Turtle has made and will continue to make from the original game.

Turtle WoW is not vanilla. People who want vanilla are in the wrong place, Classic is over there, countless vanilla private servers are around if you're too poor to sub. This is Turtle WoW, and trying to stop it from doing good things because that's not what everywhere else would do is asinine.

User avatar
Skalman
Posts: 43

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Skalman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Qixel wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:54 am
Turtle WoW is not vanilla. People who want vanilla are in the wrong place, Classic is over there, countless vanilla private servers are around if you're too poor to sub. This is Turtle WoW, and trying to stop it from doing good things because that's not what everywhere else would do is asinine.
You are right, too many changes has been made according to player demands, and that's why I stopped playing Turtle WoW after a couple of years of a very nice vanilla feeeling. I probably will do a little with the new races, just because I'm curious, but Turtle WoW is not any longer Turtle WoW. It's more like "We will do any changes that players want, and we sacrifice everything as long as more players join". And "If there is not enough PVE:ers, we tailor the game to suit PvP needs." PVE RP server? Forget it.

"if you´re too poor to sub"? I could clearly hear sarcasm there. Well, maybe you be "poor" one day, and then I'm sure the tone changes. That said, I simply don't want to pay to Blizzard for a game I've played countless timea. It's simply not worth it. Poor or not.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 231

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Unangwata » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Turtle is vanilla. Or improved vanilla. Main game mechanics which is combat remain the same, with exception of few scrapped beta features. New races, quests etc doesn't really change vanilla experience, it enriches it. But once you start changing class abilities the vanilla status of the server will be gone and it will downgrade to being FUN server. That's my opinion.

User avatar
Siinda
Posts: 3

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Siinda » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:11 pm
Turtle is vanilla. Or improved vanilla. Main game mechanics which is combat remain the same, with exception of few scrapped beta features. New races, quests etc doesn't really change vanilla experience, it enriches it. But once you start changing class abilities the vanilla status of the server will be gone and it will downgrade to being FUN server. That's my opinion.
That's actually why I brought up the taunt. I was watching patch review videos and it WAS in there during beta stages. It was only removed, as well as some weird Druid shuffling, because one developer thought people wouldn't play multiple tank classes if tanking was "too similar" among them. There are certainly some wild abilities that made sense to remove but crippling a whole talent tree seems like a bit much.

Post Reply