Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Torta

Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Torta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 am

Greetings!

We will soon release the first ever fully-interactive story expansion for Vanilla WoW. This expansion will take a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the relatively low-fantasy world of Vanilla WoW over the higher fantasy of the cosmic battle with the Legion. It's heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.

In addition to new dungeons, raids, and zones, the expansion will also feature two new races. A group of greedy Goblins will split off from the Venture Company to join their fellow outcasts in the Horde, and High Elf refugees from the fall of Quel'Thalas will lend their magical talents to the Alliance.

Prepare yourself for an all-new, never-told chapter in the story of World of Warcraft: a three-part expansion storyline that will lead you on adventures never had and to depths never visited.

Learn more about upcoming expansion on our website: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion

Jordus

Re: Story Expansion & New Playable Races

Post by Jordus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you team for all you have done and are doing.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Torta, do you even have a guesstimate of a window of opportunity for this release?

Snigery

Post by Snigery » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:22 pm

I started here as a Tauren and loved the approach to adventure and questing so I tried RPing my quests rather than grinding. I actually skipped all the quests in Booty Bay and most Goblin related quests given what the Venture Co. is doing in Mulgore. I can't bring myself to understand how a Tauren tolerates them and how they get into the Horde? The Venture Co. does some horrible things, and even then I barely understand their acceptance of the Forsaken/Undead on the grounds that they believe they can help 'cure' their condition....and then proceed to complete quests all involving plagues, toxins, death, disease, chemical torture and the like. I'm kind of surprised the playable race is a goblin since I think they are in later expansions. I thought it might've been something else.

Itje

Post by Itje » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Epic! Can't wait ... turtle_tongue_head

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm

This looks great, I've got a question what area/areas is the level range?
I don't have a max level character yet due to waiting to level a Highelf.
Just thinking should i level my current character so i can play the new stuff once it goes life?
Nice work btw :)
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Cervantes wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm
This looks great, I've got a question what area/areas is the level range?
I don't have a max level character yet due to waiting to level a Highelf.
Just thinking should i level my current character so i can play the new stuff once it goes life?
Nice work btw :)
Having a high level alt with gold definitely helps when you're leveling up a new character. But if you're afraid you're going to get burnt out, I suppose it'd be better to wait.

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Thanks Mac :) yeah i'm going to wait i think and get that fresh feeling, looking forward to this. :)
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm

I really can't wait. Any hints what ETA might be please ?

Anuriel

Post by Anuriel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm

This all look so cool happy_turtle_head Really can't wait to try out high elves. :)
Characters
Anuriel - Druid
Seyrena - Priest