Introducing: Guild Vaults

User avatar
Aurrius
Posts: 10

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Aurrius » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm

thanks kells, also i can see the tbc version working a lot better for all guilds. those who are smaller can use 1 bag slot and bigger guilds could have more, instead of only the biggest guilds only able to have a guild bank

Choogroovy
Posts: 5

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Choogroovy » Fri May 15, 2020 8:50 pm

I'm TOTALLY looking forward to guild vaults! I don't have any toons in the endgame content levels, so I am not sure how much the endgamers in our guild are raking in (there are quite a few of them, but not that many), but if its proportional to what I am making at my levels, I think 5K is steep. However, I would assume the GMs and developers are able to see the value across all members of am existing guild, and have determined that active guilds with committed players could accumulate 5K in a reasonable time. Making guild banks too expensive could lead to an oligopoly, where there are just a few established guilds who quickly (or instantly) set up their guild vault, which is a real perk for new recruits, and the others are left saying 'please join our guild, we wanna have a guild vault someday', but are never able to accumulate enough funds because people just leave to join the big guilds (or don't join the smaller ones in the first place).

User avatar
Kazgrim
Posts: 254

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Kazgrim » Fri May 15, 2020 8:57 pm

5k is a great gold sink and something to motivate players to achieving a common goal. I think it's a good price.

I suggest having the guild vaults by existing bankers so people don't get confused.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

User avatar
Kazgrim
Posts: 254

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Kazgrim » Fri May 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Also, way to ban bank alts: Don't make bank allow access to alts under a level 20.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Claboth
Posts: 23

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Claboth » Sat May 16, 2020 10:44 pm

I'm not the richest player either at this moment, but building 4 gear sets as druid is quite expensive.
Point is there has been enough gold at some point to help fund a guild bank as a guildmember.
I like to spend it every now and then.

What i like about guild vaults is, you can have an overview on what items are needed for flasks, pots for every role.
We can prepare some prebis stuff like devilsaurs for the next hunter or fury warrior that levels up.
We can build a collection of rare items that whole guild can see, if you need it at some point.

Once everybody has an idea on what items you need as a guild, we can farm together or divide tasks on who is getting what for the guild.

On my druid, stuff in my bank is mostly soulbound items. Gearsets, buffs, odd trinkets, AD rep stuff, juju's, Felwood stuff.
All crafted consumables are on an alt and all crafting mats are on another, cause i need the space to swap out gear and consumables when I join a raid. A 3rd alt is for AH business. So that's 3 bank alts. Mailing back and forth is maybe 20% of my /played.
Depending on someone's personal effort, it would be nice to get mats, crafted stuff out of the very one guild bank, instead of sending and returning endless mails every day of the week.

So I'm looking forward to grinding gold to make this happen.
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.

Twofox
Posts: 3

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Twofox » Sun May 17, 2020 5:20 pm

WOW, 5k Gold? That's pretty steep. Myself, wife, cousin, and friend just started playing here a couple months ago. We'd like to be able to work together and save together too. I doubt we have 100g between us. Are we to be excluded? Let's make it reasonable at least, otherwise F**kit, we're casual, and don't play every day.

Chirpy
Posts: 20

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Chirpy » Thu May 21, 2020 3:19 am

yeah we should make it available for 1 copper and then everyone can feel like they didn't accomplish anything.
Romanov

Chirpy
Posts: 20

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Chirpy » Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 am

Choogroovy wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm TOTALLY looking forward to guild vaults! I don't have any toons in the endgame content levels, so I am not sure how much the endgamers in our guild are raking in (there are quite a few of them, but not that many), but if its proportional to what I am making at my levels, I think 5K is steep. However, I would assume the GMs and developers are able to see the value across all members of am existing guild, and have determined that active guilds with committed players could accumulate 5K in a reasonable time. Making guild banks too expensive could lead to an oligopoly, where there are just a few established guilds who quickly (or instantly) set up their guild vault, which is a real perk for new recruits, and the others are left saying 'please join our guild, we wanna have a guild vault someday', but are never able to accumulate enough funds because people just leave to join the big guilds (or don't join the smaller ones in the first place).
What's "a reasonable amount of time" to you?
Romanov

Chirpy
Posts: 20

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Chirpy » Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 am

Twofox wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:20 pm
WOW, 5k Gold? That's pretty steep. Myself, wife, cousin, and friend just started playing here a couple months ago. We'd like to be able to work together and save together too. I doubt we have 100g between us. Are we to be excluded? Let's make it reasonable at least, otherwise F**kit, we're casual, and don't play every day.
What exactly is "reasonable" to you?
Romanov

Twofox
Posts: 3

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Twofox » Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am

Chirpy wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 am
Twofox wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:20 pm
WOW, 5k Gold? That's pretty steep. Myself, wife, cousin, and friend just started playing here a couple months ago. We'd like to be able to work together and save together too. I doubt we have 100g between us. Are we to be excluded? Let's make it reasonable at least, otherwise F**kit, we're casual, and don't play every day.
What exactly is "reasonable" to you?
Not knowing how fast it is for a small guild to amass gold at 60, I'd have to guess 1,000 gold maybe? That seems like it would still take some effort, but not months for casual players. Farming for hours on end makes the game not fun, just to get something that is a great utility for a guild. I'd rather spend my copious amonts of spare time playing, not working. I do that for 8-16 hrs a day.

Unless you're just trolling then they should be free smiling_turtle_head

Chirpy
Posts: 20

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Chirpy » Thu May 28, 2020 1:45 am

Twofox wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am
Chirpy wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 am
Twofox wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:20 pm
WOW, 5k Gold? That's pretty steep. Myself, wife, cousin, and friend just started playing here a couple months ago. We'd like to be able to work together and save together too. I doubt we have 100g between us. Are we to be excluded? Let's make it reasonable at least, otherwise F**kit, we're casual, and don't play every day.
What exactly is "reasonable" to you?
Not knowing how fast it is for a small guild to amass gold at 60, I'd have to guess 1,000 gold maybe? That seems like it would still take some effort, but not months for casual players. Farming for hours on end makes the game not fun, just to get something that is a great utility for a guild. I'd rather spend my copious amonts of spare time playing, not working. I do that for 8-16 hrs a day.

Unless you're just trolling then they should be free smiling_turtle_head
Not trolling at all, but you do realize that argument is literally what sent blizzard spiral into the mess that retail is now. Vanilla has some difficult aspects to it. I want to be exalted with timbermaw but only if I can do it while playing, not working. You can make your argument for any aspect of the game and why it should be made easier.

I like the idea of discussing this but to lowball it to the price of an epic mount is kinda ridiculous imo. Epic mounts are hard to get too because it's a solo effort. Guild vault is a group effort.
Romanov

N00d13s
Posts: 12
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by N00d13s » Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 am

So much salt in this thread.

It's really not that terribly hard to gather 5k gold in a guild that has at several level 60 toons. Farm Dire Maul, Mauradon, chests & etc.

Making gold in WoW is not that hard to do - it just requires a bit time and effort.

User avatar
Chlothar
Posts: 139

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Chlothar » Fri May 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Vault - WHEN?^^

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 557

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Torta » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 pm

There'll be a short delay for this release (couple of days). Feeling a bit sick.

Kells
Posts: 4

Re: Introducing: Guild Vaults

Post by Kells » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 am

Hi, I hate to bother but my post is June 9th. Molten Core is SLOWLY banking gold for this feature and it is probably going to take a couple of months. So, I am not worried if there is a delay in guildbanks going live. But, any news as to a release date? I only ask because I am one of three players managing Molten Core's guildbank account and I am VERY hopeful this feature will reduce the time I am currently putting in posting up and mailing out items. Thanks!

Post Reply