Online Quest & Item Creator

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Arugal's Folly and The Missing Sorcerer Quests

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:02 pm
"After the summoning of Worgen and the subsequent massacre in the Third War, how could the Alliance forget about Archmage Arugal and his "children" worgen being so close to Hillbrad Foothills? That was oddly the case until now!"

You can now get two quests from https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=5694/hi ... -andromath (High Sorcerer Andromath) in the Wizard's Sanctum in Stormwind.

In the first quest https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d (Arugal's Folly) High Sorcerer Andromath talks about the events that led to creation of worgen and Archmage Arugal's madness (with a little bit story between them!)

The reward is https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0= (Signet of Arugal, a memory of their relationship as mentor and student)

"We never learned about the mysterious Sorcerer Ashcrombe that Rethilgore kept captive, how about a little lore about him?" The second quest is https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d (The Missing Sorcerer) that tells you why Sorcerer Ashcrombe actually was there, the quest ends with you talking with him in Shadowfang Keep.

Please feel free to give your thoughts and feedback. (Feedback about the the rings effect is really needed, should it have a longer cooldown, limited use or not even exist?)
Adding this on the next update.

Torta

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Arraya wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:31 am
Hey, I just started creating flavor quests for existing NPCs to slightly enhance some starting zones.
EDIT: All finished, I can't find anything else to add :D
  • Teldrassil:
    Quest: Githyiss the Vile
    Gilshalan Windwalker has asked you to kill Githyiss the Vile and retrieve her Venom Sac.
    Rewards: Webwood Branch (DisplayID: 6099 / Icon: spell_nature_naturetouchgrow (or IconID: 136065)
    Woodland Boots (DisplayID: 67048 / Icon: inv_boots_03 (or IconID: 132537)

Quest: A Decisive Blow
    Moon Priestess Amara has asked you to kill Agal and Greenpaw.
    Rewards: Agal's Ambusher (Display ID: 20398 / Icon: inv_weapon_shortblade_14 (or IconID: 135650)
    Greenpaw's Sash (DisplayID: 5867 / Icon: inv_belt_06 (or IconID: 132495)
  • Tirisfal:
    Quest: Fallen Adventurers
    Novice Elreth has asked you to kill Karrel Grayves, Daniel Ulfman and Stephen Bhartec
    Rewards: Bhartec's Lost Wand (DisplayID: 6138 / Icon: Inv_weapon_shortblade_09 (or IconID: 135645)
    Decaying Pouch (6 slot bag)

Quest: Virulence
    Apothecary Johaan has asked you to bring him 5 Human Blood from the Tirisfal Farmers and Tirisfal Farmhands located at the Solliden Farmstead.
  • Mulgore:
    Quest: Preventive Strike
    Brave Windfeather has asked you to kill and bring the mane of whoever is protecting the battle plans. Then look around for the attack plans. ("Squealer" Thornmantle would drop the item. Battle plans are already a quest that exists, this is a pointer quest to where they are, as they're hidden in a cave.)
    Rewards: Thornmantle Harness (DisplayID: 8136 / Icon: inv_chest_chain_16 (or IconID: 132638)
    Hawkwind Rifle (DisplayID: 168956 / Icon: inv_weapon_rifle_04 (or IconID: 135613)
    Windfeather Poncho (DisplayID: 27686 / Icon: inv_misc_cape_11 (or IconID: 133763)
Sorry for a long delay. Reviewing and adding those on the next week's update.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 am

[This post seems to have vanished into the ether.]
Last edited by Qixel on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:54 pm

The stealth effect might be too powerful as it allows any class that can use daggers (which is all of them except paladins) to cheese dungeons and solo a lot of them.
The dagger is intended for rogues, yet the on-use is broken on all other classes and useless for them? (unless it is a vanish instead of just stealth)

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:29 pm

You get one use of the ability per two hours. If you get caught, attack, or do anything besides sneak about, you're steathless again unless you really want to wait two hours to do it again. I agree it's not that helpful to rogues as a result, but I feel like Vanish would be over the top. It's a cool effect from an item that requires at least three other items to function, but I don't want it to be gamebreaking. :3

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Something that Balake that taught me, increasing cooldowns are not a valid way to balance items.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Balake

Post by Balake » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Especially since it lasts until cancelled, you get an extremely broken effect every 2 hours, swap to your regular gear, and skip straight to the boss you want of almost any dungeon. This will make it basically a gadget that everyone but rogues and druids will want for the insanely powerful on use effect.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:25 am

Gloves of the Pugilist, cloth gloves that increase your proficiency in throwing hands. Why cloth? Because the gift of fists should be enjoyed by all.

Firevulcan

Post by Firevulcan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:46 am

I'd like to slap people! and well, make fist weapon rogues a thing :>

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Woodland Boots (DisplayID: 67048 / Icon: inv_boots_03 (or IconID: 132537)

^ It's not how it works: icon and Display ID are linked together and can't be assigned separately. 67048 is not in the game. Open wowhead's item source code, search for 3D Display ID, that's the number you need! I've replaced missing displays with something I've considered fit :)

Thanks a lot for you contribution! Quests are in game starting tomorrow.

Vatas

Post by Vatas » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Extra quests in Durotar , "Durotar Scouring" and "Unity is Strength are really neat but problem is that by the time you're at proper level to reliably kill the target mobs, the quests are gray.

At least, the "Durotar Scouring" targets 10-11 corrupted versions of various beasts (Again, neat because the mobs used to be completely unconnected.) but becomes grey at level 9 or even sooner.

Also "Unity is Strength" says you need to return to Sen'jin Village but actually it's the troll in Cleft of Shadow that gives antidote quest.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Vatas, quests give full exp for 25 levels here. It's grey, but it will still give full exp.

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:36 pm

In Tirisfal Junior Apothecary Holland (who sent you for Doomweed amongst the gnolls) is still trying to advance his career standing through the study of local plants. Now he wants samples of weeds growing in the foul trenches near Undercity.
LIFE'S A DITCH, Gather 10 Rotweed
Last edited by Rhaco on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[H] Sachatamia / Rhaco / Pollywog

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 am

Varimathras hates the Scarlets. He tasks Burgess in Brill with having young adventures acquire scarlet rings for Proof of Demise. Continuing on with Varimathras’ want for scarlet blood, this quest acts as a refresher of his ire before you are sent into the Scarlet Monastery proper.
  • Innkeeper Norman in Undercity thinks you should have a chat with Deathguard Burgess again for SCARLET WITH RAGE (Please change icons as needed to match the models shown, I'm not sure if I did it right.)
Last edited by Rhaco on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:28 pm

A goblin named Rezlak was charged with helping the orcs out in Durotar, but he's been having trouble with logistics. The caravan that was PROMISED to make it to Orgrimmar was ambushed by harpies...
  • First, Rezlak introduces himself and asks you to get back his stuff in the quest Winds in the Desert.
    Adding to this story, players can now find out that the harpies also got their claws on some weaponry. A new tandem quest TRIGGERED will have players picking up Kaja's Ammo (from object=176785/ammo-crate) while they are already in Razorwind Canyon.
    • Next, players are sent to end the harpy danger to the shipping route with the quest Securing the Lines
      • Previously, Winds in the Desert ended with Rezlak still looking for someone to haul the sacks for him. That story thread is now completed when he asks players to complete the journey because THE MAIL MUST GO THROUGH. Players will deliver Rezlak's Shipment to his cousin Kozlish in Orgrimmar, who was an NPC without purpose... up til now!
        • Kozlish rudely decides to protect his own interests and sends players to deliver the ammo themselves in the new quest OUT FOR DELIVERY.
Thus, new players get one of their first tastes of chaining quests early in the game. We see a satisfying conclusion to a storyline, as well as a bit of lore on goblin business practices and job security. Rezlak and Kozlish are looking for work (and maybe a hole to hide in from Gazlowe!) and can potentially show up later in the game as well.
Stay tuned to find out why Rezlak sent Kozlish on to Orgrimmar and needed you to finish the job in the first place...

The creation tool indicates reputation is awarded automatically by the server. Is this correct or should creators make certain to fill in those areas when writing new quests?
Last edited by Rhaco on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:33 pm

Finally, some horde quests.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:01 pm

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

Tynafiok the Cindermaker is an anti-magic glaive forged specifically for the Spellbreakers of Silvermoon. I imagine she would be found as a world drop in game and should be a fine asset to anyone who can wield 1h swords

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Compared to https://vanillawowdb.com/?item=2244#comments it should have 5g 18s 57c vendor sell price, 56ilvl (Not 100, what a random number). The spell effect is also a passive effect that then gives the mana drain effect. It should be equip and not chance on hit or otherwise it wouldn't work.

Now for my personal opinions: I suggest much faster speed (1.7 maybe) to make use of the mana drain. The DPS should be the same or very close to Krol Blade (weapons of the same itemlevel and quality have the same DPS generally). The damage could be arcane, it makes more sense for spellbreakers who don't use fire magic. Also 5 agi 7 int instead of 7 stam 5 int.

Also, what is the idea behind the name?

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pm

Tynafiok is her name and she makes cinders hence the fire damage (like Cinderella being named for having cinders on her face)

How does she look now matey?

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Mrkrissatan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pm
Tynafiok is her name and she makes cinders hence the fire damage (like Cinderella being named for having cinders on her face)

How does she look now matey?

Tynafiok is your character's name? I'm not sure about making an epic item named after you but oh well.
There is still an issue with the item being chance on hit. It will not work. The effect is a passive https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=27522 ... in-trigger
it applies an aura that gives a 100% chance to proc the mana drain. It NEEDS to be ON EQUIP and not CHANCE ON HIT

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Tynafiok is the items name, my charecter's are called Sincerity and Kyrie

fixed it, anything else

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:50 pm

The difference between min and max damage is too wide for a sword. 48-90 would work better I think, but besides that all good.

just a little nitpick, I didn't like the name. It doesn't sound fantasy enough to me but thats just my opinion. Maybe if it sounded more high elvish?

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Changed the name and updated the damage

Tynlenne the Cindermaker sound better?

Edited to the correct model

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:35 pm

Mrkrissatan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 pm
Changed the name and updated the damage

Tynlenne the Cindermaker sound better?

Edited to the correct model
Seems good, maybe an apostrophe too, Tyn'lenne turtle_tongue

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:32 am

This is my first attempt at making quests and items. It's a chain of quests set in Duskwood that use NPCs and spots that the existing quests for the most part ignore.

PART 1: A Grave Injustice: Talk to Watcher Paige, who wants you to investigate grave robberies in Raven Hill Cemetery. Kill a grave robber, who will drop a Grave Robber's Shovel (quest item, 100% drop rate) that says it's property of Yorgen. Return to Watcher Paige.

PART 2: The Defias of Duskwood: Watcher Paige points out that the shovel came from Yorgen Farmstead, which is currently overrun by the Defias Brotherhood. Therefore, the Defias are behind the grave robberies (in game, the grave robber npcs are on Defias faction and can even drop Defias masks, so it actually fits the lore). She wants you to bring justice to the Defias by killing 5 Defias Night Blades, 5 Defias Night Runners, and 1 Defias Enchanter (these can be found in either Yorgen Farmstead or Addle's Stead).

PART 3: Report Back to Darkshire: Watcher Paige wants you to report back to Commander Althea Ebonlocke in Darkshire.

PART 4: Law & Ogre: Having proven yourself capable of bringing order to chaos, Commander Althea Ebonlocke gives you your final task: bring the Splinter Fist Ogres to justice. You need to kill 5 Splinter Fist Warriors, 3 Splinter Fist Fire Mongers, 3 Splinter Fist Fire Weavers, and 2 Splinter Fist Taskmasters at the Vul'Gol Ogre Mound. Do this and you get to choose one of two quest rewards.

The first quest reward is Smoldering Brand. I always found it weird that Duskwood quests never gave you torch item even though the Night Watch use torches. This is an offhand mace with a little fire damage to it. It requires you have your Survival skill at 10, which is fairly easy to obtain. In lieu of stats, I put Fire's Glow on it since it's a torch.

The second quest reward is Healing Hands. These are some cloth caster gloves that come with three charges of Renew (rank 4). The charges don't seem to show up on the preview, though.

Let me know what you think of the quest.
Last edited by Mac on Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 pm

Rhaco wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 am
Varimathras hates the Scarlets. He tasks Burgess in Brill with having young adventures acquire scarlet rings for Proof of Demise. Continuing on with Varimathras’ want for scarlet blood, this quest acts as a refresher of his ire before you are sent into the Scarlet Monastery proper.
  • Innkeeper Norman in Undercity thinks you should have a chat with Deathguard Burgess again for SCARLET WITH RAGE (Please change icons as needed to match the models shown, I'm not sure if I did it right.)
Adding this on the next update. Nerfed Staff a bit.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Tyn'lenne the Cindermaker

Edited the name to make it more High Elvish sounding...

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:09 am

There is an unused npc by the name of Vinna Wayne in Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad Foothills. The temptation is just too much to ignore! Enjoy some new Batman-inspired items by completing this quest to go rid the area of some weaker ogres.

WAYNE MANNERS
Choose between these rewards: The Dark Knife, Pennyworth Cane, Stunning Crossbow

(these item models should look like item=5112/ritual-blade), item=7611/mistscape-stave, item=18388/stoneshatter

Please enjoy this commercial for your new crossbow ;P
Last edited by Rhaco on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 am

TurtleWoW Staff, may I please know for sure if you would like us to reference the actual in-game models for our new creations like I've done above, or just the Display_ID?

I'm concerned because, for example: Meteor Shard and Chanting Blade seem to share the exact same Display_ID or icon, but the Meteor Shard model is a yellow jagged tri-tipped blade while the Chanting Blade is a red colored waved kris dagger- very different weapons!

Do we need to manually fill in Reputation blanks for our created quests to count for faction reputation?

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:47 am

Rhaco wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 am
TurtleWoW Staff, may I please know for sure if you would like us to reference the actual in-game models for our new creations like I've done above, or just the Display_ID?
The more detailed you'll have your suggestion the better. Most of the time Display_ID is enough, alas, as you've already noticed, sometimes there are differences way too big, so if you have the correct Display_ID and happy with the model it represents then post id only. satisfied_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:19 am

Hi There.

I've had ago at making a Moonglaive but i'm not sure what it should be?
It would be sweet if it was classed as a melee weapon, like a one hand sword with the ability to throw with a Cooldown, but i'm not sure how to create that. Or maybe a trinket like the Linken's Boomerang? https://classic.wowhead.com/item=11905/ ... -boomerang

I'm a fan of Warcraft 3, and the Nightelf hunters wielding Moonglaives are so cool, it's nice RP.
It would be amazing for the races to have there own weapons; I would like the Moonglaive to be wield by all races but maybe Nightelf females warriors/hunters/rogues could be better at it? have an extra dps/effected?

Here is the link i hope it works:
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0=

I would like the Moonglaive of Elune to have a glow so the players know that this are not just a normal weapon. Horde and the Alliance should have access to it maybe from and dungeon drop or a epic questline from moonglade, maybe from Remulos or a Female Night Elf Sentinel NPC. The quest should be something like the paladin quest of forging Verigan's Fist, but open to more classes.

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=1806/ ... hteousness

Dungeon drop idea from Princess Theradras in Maraudon Or someone in Dire Maul because it's so Night elf heavy like Illyanna Ravenoak

I think the following classes should be able to wield the weapon: Warrior Paladin Hunter Rogue Shaman Druid. Please feel free to chat about this.

Another idea, sorry a lot of ideas here maybe Moonglaive of Elune differ in effects and stats due to the class wielding it?

I hope someone can help me change the item to fit well within the game.
Don't worry about changing it to what you think is right. The more people that look at this the make better it will be.

Many thanks.
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Jam

Post by Jam » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:49 am

Torta wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 pm
Rhaco wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 am
Adding this on the next update. Nerfed Staff a bit.
Hello Team!
Frog and my recently added quest has a few oopses on our part in it, as well as changes that I don't think were intentional. The quest was submitted requiring the killing of 10 Scarlet Magicians but was implemented with the requirement of killing 10 Scarlet Sentries. There aren't enough of them in one pass and it doesn't draw people to the garden as the quest name implies. Along with that, the items submitted had errors on our part in that we left a sell price off of each item. We will get it right the first time eventually! The mace, Scarlet Pillar was supposed to be two-handed. I didn't realize there were two windows to set as a 2 hander. Also, the staff was nerfed, which I am completely fine with, but there was flavor text removed saying, "LEGendary Quality." It is a pun, see? Because it is a femur staff and femurs come from legs. Thanks!
“The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there.. and still on your feet.”

Jam

Post by Jam » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 am

deleted
“The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there.. and still on your feet.”

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:20 pm

Last edited by Mrkrissatan on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:51 am

Here are three more quests, this time for Ashenvale. One is for the Horde, one is for Alliance, and one is for both.

The first quest is for the Horde. Report to Shatterskull: This is a bread crumb quest meant to lead you to the quest giver. It's not required to do.

Legacy of the Legion: Collect 15 Marks of the Burning Legion from demons in the Felfire Hill/Demon Fall Canyon area. These demons are Mannoroc Lasher, Felguard, and Searing Infernal. Drop rate should be about 80% (not every time, but usually).

Rewards: Demonic Claws or Ring of Rage, and 200 Razor Arrows.

Next quest is for Alliance. Report to Farsong: Again, this is another optional bread crumb trail to the quest giver.

The Song of War: This quest has you go into Warsong Lumber Camp and kill orcs for 15 Warsong Axes. These will drop off Horde Deforesters, Horde Grunts, Horde Peons, Horde Scouts, and Horde Shamen. Again, like an 80% drop rate should be good.

Rewards: Band of Ivy or Orcfoe, and 200 Razor Arrows.

The final quest line is for both Horde and Alliance. It starts by looting the Cursed Medallion off Diathorus the Seeker who is currently deep in a barrow den in Demon Fall Ridge. This starts the quest The Cursed Medallion.

If you follow the clue, you wind up talking to Krazek in Booty Bay. He gives you Securing the Cure, which has you go kill Bloodmage Thalnos in Scarlet Monastery (Graveyard) to loot Distilled Essence of Holy Light off of him. That leads to the quest Seek Strahad Farsan where you go to Booty Bay and talk to Strahad Farsan. This leads to the final quest, The Cured Medallion, where you give him the medallion, the essence, and 50 silver (not sure if I did that right in the quest maker) to get the reward, Medallion of Might.

Any feedback is appreciated.

*Edited the icon and name of Cured Medallion to Medallion of Might.
Last edited by Mac on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.