How did you hear about us?

Mercyheal86

Re: How did you hear about us?

Post by Mercyheal86 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:12 am

I used to play on a server called The Rebirth--life made me take a hiatus--and I came back to my guild being in shambles; I pretty much didn't play there anymore after that, and it eventually ceased to be.

Went back to retail for a spell, got bored eventually and didn't re-sub.

Searched for a private server and found VanillaGaming--I had several 60s on both sides there--but I got really sick of logging in to main cities being raided, auctioneers and bankers killed, or the occasional (because I forgot to wait to be de-flagged before logging) being murdered immediately upon logging in. I don't need that kind of dumb crap in my life. And I certainly don't want to deal with nonsense like that anymore.

I then specifically searched for an RP Vanilla server on Google, and I came across Turtle-WoW in some list or another of servers. I watched the ad video and thought it was cute and welcoming. So, then I visited the web page and saw all the features never implemented in WoW that Staff was advertising. I was very much interested in seeing what it was all about; I made an account and got started immediately.

My start was a bit rocky at first, but I eventually found myself a place in a guild that I adore very much. I've had a lot of fun, and made some good connections. It's a great server as far as I'm concerned. Thank you all Staff for your dedication and care.

-- Much love, Gracemourn <3
"I've come to Arthas this land!" insidious_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Up. This thread is always relevant.

Dazyduke

Post by Dazyduke » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:35 pm

My bf showed my your first video on youtube, with the "ello mon" and i loved it turtle_in_love_head
Went to the site, saw the scraped features from Vanilla added here, which got me more excited.

PS: Many thanks to the Turtle staff for all your hard work!

Azuran666

Post by Azuran666 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:53 pm

r/wowservers
Human Warrior-LVL 29+

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 am

I always searched for a vanilla server with good custom features, found turtle wow on youtube in 2019 and got interested by the project.
Baldr, A Dwarf legacy. https://youtu.be/AtNVD9B3f3s

Drainors

Post by Drainors » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Turtle WoW is moving to the next expansion! Welcome to Rainbowlands! smiling_turtle_head
r/wowservers

Jettisoned

Post by Jettisoned » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:44 am

Pofjewownewb

Post by Pofjewownewb » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:15 pm

google + reddit!
[Alliance]
Ilec - Zumi

Sheila

Post by Sheila » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 am

I googled
Last edited by Sheila on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aezrel

Post by Aezrel » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 pm

I saw the review Dodgykeebab did on this server and liked what i saw!

Hive5

Post by Hive5 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSLJnp-0Sf4

This guy told me about a server for casual PVE players. Here we go smiling_turtle

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:57 pm

I saw your ad on Reddit. :)

Kokorogensou

Post by Kokorogensou » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 am

happened upon turtlewow by complete surprise, honestly!

been having an itch to play WoW again for a while, mainly RP servers since i haven't roleplayed on WoW in years and i kinda missed it. saw turtlewow was listed as a "pve/rp vanilla server" and thought i might give it a shot since a lot of the RP servers i've been on were primarily based off WOTLK and above clients.

then i saw the features included reimplemented scrapped content and was IMMEDIATELY sold on the concept by that alone :'3

haven't played vanilla WoW in nearly a decade (i think in 2012-13 i leveled ten characters to lv60 on feenix x_x), and i think this is a fantastic way to get back into it! i love the "vanilla with sprinkles" approach the server has, and it really adds more to vanilla WoW without feeling too obtrusive like other servers that feature custom content. it really makes the leveling journey a lot more interesting!

i only happened upon this server a day or two ago, but i'm really enjoying my time here and i honestly may chip in a few bucks towards the server next month when i get the means! keep up the fantastic work, i can't wait to see what new stuff will be added in the future!

Liefvancleef

Post by Liefvancleef » Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 am

I was searching for private server that focus on RP. And then I found a video on youtube reviewing the server and after that I just gave the server a shot. Love it ever since.

Azjael

Post by Azjael » Fri May 22, 2020 6:08 pm

A cool review by Dodykebaab got me into it