Lore-Wiki Bot

Rhedora

Lore-Wiki Bot

Post by Rhedora » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:20 am

in my guild people talk about why undeads (on this server) can be hunters and one thing go to another and we start to talk about something strange its the first time I see this, want know what you all think about it, Hunters use magic? I always believe hunters,warriors and rogues are people that cant use magic and try another style of figth with weapons or using things like posions or oils for the traps of hunters like monks on the future or everybody can use magic, what you all think?

Notawen

Ghost Wolf

Post by Notawen » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:46 am

So I know that Shamans work with spirits and that elementals and some types of undead can be considered by them as "spirits".

I don't quite understand how this grants them the ability to turn into (an undead?) wolf

Shamma

Re: Can somebody explain to me the Shaman's Ghost Wolf?

Post by Shamma » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:22 am

It is a spirit wolf

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Spirit doesnt necessarily have to mean undead. Spirits can also refer to inhabitants of the astral plane. The astral plane is for beings without a physical fleshbound body.

Shamans are adept at communicating wirh other planes of existence such as the elemntal planes & the astral plane. Spirit wolf is in lore something they would transform into on astral planes, but i guess for simplicity of implementation shamans dont get a different world to run aroundin when turned into spirit wolf. Its just a limitation between lore & practicality.

Balake

Post by Balake » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:56 pm

The wiki says:
"Spirit wolves (aka feral spirits, ghost wolves or spectral wolves) are incorporeal creatures summoned by shaman. Spirit wolves are transparent and misty, but every bit as dangerous as the corporeal kind. These manifestations are stronger when summoned with the willing aid of the Spirit of Life."

Now an undead is something that used to be alive, then died and using unholy magic it was reanimated and put in a state that is between life and death.

Since spirit wolves were never "alive" before, they are not "UNdead" now. They can be considered merely moving apparitions that are neither dead or alive.

Liatris

Darkfallen/Dark Ranger Lore Question

Post by Liatris » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:59 am

I've been intrigued by the background of the undead, mainly the dark rangers.
To my understanding, dark rangers were once part of the Farstriders and fell alongside Sylvanas in battle during the Third War. These elves were raised as banshees and later re-connected to their bodies around the time the Forsaken emerged.

From what I've seen, Dark Rangers/Darkfallen are strictly Hunters, as (to my knowledge) the former/fallen Farstriders are the only known undead elf to not still serve the scourge. In that vein, would it be against the lore to RP a Darkfallen character that isn't a Hunter - and not still part of the scourge? I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to say that a High-Elven mage (or some other class) fell while defending Quel'Thalas. Though I'd like to see some opinions on this before I even try to make such a character (mainly since I'll have to finish hardcore or pay to use the Dark Ranger skin).
Sav - Level 35 Mage (Leveling) | RP Profile

Karrados

Re: Darkfallen/Dark Ranger Lore Question

Post by Karrados » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 am

The thing about the Undead/Forsaken (Which is what the Dark Rangers are since the Team assigned them to the Undead as Hunter Trainer) is that the Alliance vehemently refused them when they approached them.

They called them Monsters and had no desire to see them at all which means your Character, if you were to actually RP being a Dark Ranger / Undead High Elf, would either be ignored because there is no possibility of that being a thing or they would not really be taken serious.

CAN you RP them? Sure, but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

Liatris

Post by Liatris » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:38 am

Karrados wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 am
The thing about the Undead/Forsaken (Which is what the Dark Rangers are since the Team assigned them to the Undead as Hunter Trainer) is that the Alliance vehemently refused them when they approached them.

They called them Monsters and had no desire to see them at all which means your Character, if you were to actually RP being a Dark Ranger / Undead High Elf, would either be ignored because there is no possibility of that being a thing or they would not really be taken serious.

Hm, that really is a shame.
I guess I can see why people on the Horde side have requested undead elf skins for Undead/Forsaken rather than High Elves. They sound way less likely to be ignored over there.
Initially, I kinda felt that it was possible for Dark Rangers/Darkfallen to at least exist, but the writing easily falls apart trying to figure out why an undead elf would even be part of the Alliance or travelling through Alliance zones. Maybe if they were a neutral party, but that doesn't sound too approachable, which is the opposite of what I'm going for.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:43 am

You can go ahead and make an Undead character and walk to Brill. There is a Undead High Elf that is a Hunter Trainer if you are curious to see them.

Afaik The Forsaken always had Undead High Elves but Blizzard never really did anything with them until way later.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:35 am

Liatris wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:38 am
Karrados wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:21 am

Hm, that really is a shame.
I guess I can see why people on the Horde side have requested undead elf skins for Undead/Forsaken rather than High Elves. They sound way less likely to be ignored over there.
Initially, I kinda felt that it was possible for Dark Rangers/Darkfallen to at least exist, but the writing easily falls apart trying to figure out why an undead elf would even be part of the Alliance or travelling through Alliance zones. Maybe if they were a neutral party, but that doesn't sound too approachable, which is the opposite of what I'm going for.
Undead forsaken may be shunned (rightfully) by most of alliance societies but not all of them.
Dalaran mages in Alterac have accepted forsaken defectors into the alliance and working to help them. (Go check dalaran camps in Alterace south of Hillsbrad if u dont believe me). So you can totally RP as undead elf defecting from forsaken to alliance, though shunned and feared by many human communities, you still work for them.
In my years of playing, i have seen undead elf RPing from time to time.

One of the nice RP i have seen is Ally Dark Ranger RPing in Darkshire, duskwood. Though the residents feared and distrusted her, she still help the townfolks by slaying undead, worgen and even stitches. She finally gained the trust of Darkshire townfolk and eventually call Darkshire her home.
So it is possible, just let your imagination soar high, friend

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:35 am

It's fine to roleplay as a High Elf mage risen from the dead. It's safe to say that happened. You can achieve this by either playing a Forsaken Mage, or a High Elf Mage with the Dark Ranger skin. You wouldn't be a Dark Ranger despite the name of the skin, you'd be an Undead High Elf. Since your will has been freed from the Scourge, it's fitting to say your character could choose to forsake the Forsaken.

If I were to role-play an Undead High Elf by rolling a High Elf and buying the Dark Ranger skin, I would probably avoid Alliance towns as best as I could, but when I couldn't avoid them, I'd probably have my character wearing something to cover their face so as not to spook the locals.

Insofar as which classes an actual Dark Ranger could be, they'd typically be translated to Hunters in WoW, but could also easily be adapted as a Rogue or maybe even a Warrior.

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:01 pm

Liatris wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:59 am
I've been intrigued by the background of the undead, mainly the dark rangers.
To my understanding, dark rangers were once part of the Farstriders and fell alongside Sylvanas in battle during the Third War. These elves were raised as banshees and later re-connected to their bodies around the time the Forsaken emerged.

From what I've seen, Dark Rangers/Darkfallen are strictly Hunters, as (to my knowledge) the former/fallen Farstriders are the only known undead elf to not still serve the scourge. In that vein, would it be against the lore to RP a Darkfallen character that isn't a Hunter - and not still part of the scourge? I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to say that a High-Elven mage (or some other class) fell while defending Quel'Thalas. Though I'd like to see some opinions on this before I even try to make such a character (mainly since I'll have to finish hardcore or pay to use the Dark Ranger skin).
In Warcraft lore, the concept of Dark Rangers is specific to Hunters, as they were originally Farstriders who were raised as banshees and then restored to their bodies by Sylvanas, who then trained them to be hunters. However, there is no hard and fast rule that Darkfallen can only be hunters. It is possible for a fallen High-Elven mage or another class to be raised as a Darkfallen by the Scourge, or to have been resurrected by Sylvanas and trained as a Dark Ranger.

Liatris

Post by Liatris » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 am

Karrados wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:43 am
You can go ahead and make an Undead character and walk to Brill. There is a Undead High Elf that is a Hunter Trainer if you are curious to see them.

Afaik The Forsaken always had Undead High Elves but Blizzard never really did anything with them until way later.
So Undead High Elves exist, there just isn't much lore/development for them in vanilla? It sounds like, despite their existence, they are fairly low in numbers and don't have a solid place in the lore besides being Dark Rangers/Hunters.
Jongyi wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:35 am
Undead forsaken may be shunned (rightfully) by most of alliance societies but not all of them.
Dalaran mages in Alterac have accepted forsaken defectors into the alliance and working to help them. (Go check dalaran camps in Alterace south of Hillsbrad if u dont believe me). So you can totally RP as undead elf defecting from forsaken to alliance, though shunned and feared by many human communities, you still work for them.
In my years of playing, i have seen undead elf RPing from time to time.

One of the nice RP i have seen is Ally Dark Ranger RPing in Darkshire, duskwood. Though the residents feared and distrusted her, she still help the townfolks by slaying undead, worgen and even stitches. She finally gained the trust of Darkshire townfolk and eventually call Darkshire her home.
So it is possible, just let your imagination soar high, friend
Oooh, I forgot about the Alterac camps. I think I did a questline in the Lordamere Internment Camp a long time ago. I'm glad to hear that there are some that have RPed as Undead Elves. Duskwood as a whole sounds like one of the best locations for Dark Ranger-related RP as well. Lots of potential there, for sure.
Mac wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:35 am
It's fine to roleplay as a High Elf mage risen from the dead. It's safe to say that happened. You can achieve this by either playing a Forsaken Mage, or a High Elf Mage with the Dark Ranger skin. You wouldn't be a Dark Ranger despite the name of the skin, you'd be an Undead High Elf. Since your will has been freed from the Scourge, it's fitting to say your character could choose to forsake the Forsaken.

If I were to role-play an Undead High Elf by rolling a High Elf and buying the Dark Ranger skin, I would probably avoid Alliance towns as best as I could, but when I couldn't avoid them, I'd probably have my character wearing something to cover their face so as not to spook the locals.

Insofar as which classes an actual Dark Ranger could be, they'd typically be translated to Hunters in WoW, but could also easily be adapted as a Rogue or maybe even a Warrior.
Interesting. I forget Forsaken could also be Undead Elves. That route might be the safest if I get around to RPing as one in the future. Though there's still a lot of interesting conflict that can come with being on the Alliance side as an undead. Considering I'll probably end up wearing a hood anyway, covering the face shouldn't be a problem.

A Dark Ranger adapted to a Rogue was something I heavily considered, but I saw that (at the moment) the Rogue class apparently has a lot of issues.
Rukopashka wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:01 pm
In Warcraft lore, the concept of Dark Rangers is specific to Hunters, as they were originally Farstriders who were raised as banshees and then restored to their bodies by Sylvanas, who then trained them to be hunters. However, there is no hard and fast rule that Darkfallen can only be hunters. It is possible for a fallen High-Elven mage or another class to be raised as a Darkfallen by the Scourge, or to have been resurrected by Sylvanas and trained as a Dark Ranger.
That seems to be the general consensus. To be a Dark Ranger would mean to be a Hunter. Anything else is considered an Undead High Elf/Darkfallen. It's cool to see that there are options for Undead High Elves, even if said options aren't deeply described in the lore.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:18 pm

To be fair, when it comes to RP you can do whatever you want, it's just a matter of finding other RP'ers whom accept your character's backstory. No one is compelled to RP with you, or to accept your character as lore-friendly. Everyone will have different standards.

L1lin

there is new quest for undead reguo?

Post by L1lin » Mon May 15, 2023 5:44 pm

i dont know this hammer's name.
my friend tell me the npc in Brill, and need us to Scarlet to finish it.
the quest reward the sigle-hand hammer.
so someone will help me find the quest?
or you can let know where can find the new quest in turtle-wow, i will search it one by one

Dracarusggotham

Forest Trolls

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:03 am

The other day I was thinking about the fact that the Forest Trolls would be better as a New race than a sub-race.
I explain, the Forest Trolls already have their own models, they're more muscular than the Darkspear Trolls in the case of the males, and can look nice with armors and other things like that, and fit better than the goblins in the lore in the fact that the Forest Trolls are ancestral enemies of the High Elves, so, if someday the devs make Silvermoon(in ruins or restored), it can be a good lore thing put a war between the High Elves of the Alliance and the Forest Trolls of the Horde.

Another idea: Blood Elves only as a Sub-race, like the Wildhammer Dwarfs or the Forest Trolls(the skin recolor), only changing the eyes color.

And can be an attractive thing for the Horde players.

Paw

Q n A: Lore

Post by Paw » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:00 am

Feel free to submit any lore related questions you have in this thread!

Apelsenchick

Re: Q n A: Lore

Post by Apelsenchick » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Paw wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:00 am

That's very kind of you. Why are there so many High Elf women in Shcolomance?

Paw

Re: Q n A: Lore

Post by Paw » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:14 pm

Apelsenchick wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:10 pm
Paw wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:00 am

That's very kind of you. Why are there so many High Elf women in Shcolomance?
The conquered Highborne under Arthas' dominion had been reanimated into the undead Scourge and certain women were sent to Scholomance given that they aren't that neccessairy on the front lines they were given different tasks. Sholomance was once an educational facility.

Dracarusggotham

Re: Lore-Wiki Bot

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:04 pm

What's the actual state of Silvermoon now?
I want to see how Turtle WoW adds it in the future.

Grin

Post by Grin » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:14 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:04 pm
What's the actual state of Silvermoon now?
I want to see how Turtle WoW adds it in the future.
After the Scourge army under Arthas Menethil's command successfully sieged the capital and took over the territory it was abandoned by the elves and now lie in ruins. Empty streets littered with rocks and gems. Death and decay spreads across the land which does leave its footprint in the town as well.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:53 pm

The Paladin High Elves have a separate Paladins Order from the Knights of the Silver Hand?
I mean, in TBC Lady Liadrin founded the Blood Knights, but here all the High Elves that are Paladins are part from the Knights of the Silver Hand? or they have their own paladin order?

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:19 pm

It's all the same Order. Paladins were created (and founded) by the Humans. The Dwarfs were taught by the Humans and in Turtle Lore I assume the same goes for High Elves then.

Paw

Post by Paw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:40 pm

The high elves of Quel'Thalas were taught in the way of the light by the humans of Arathor. I don't know much more.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm

I have more questions cause I see the devs will make some conflict between the Blood Elves and High Elves in the next patch:
1. Where's Lor'themar? Is he a blood elf?
2. Rommath, Lyadrin, Aethas and Halduron too?
3. You think we will get to see them too in the future?
4. They can be considered High Elves if the lore has changed?

I always wanted to see Lor'themar as a High Elf, perhaps as the general of the Alah'thalas forces and Vereesa's right hand man.

Grin

Post by Grin » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:06 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm
I have more questions cause I see the devs will make some conflict between the Blood Elves and High Elves in the next patch:

I always wanted to see Lor'themar as a High Elf, perhaps as the general of the Alah'thalas forces and Vereesa's right hand man.
I am not following the turtle lore table. Apologies! I found that I already lack knowledge on the already existing areas and plot lines so I pledged myself into exploration and discovery. Time however is a tricky item thus I may not know the answer as of present but will eventually. Can tell that Vereesa's right hand man should be Rhonin and in case Lor'themar and the people you named in your second question worked under Kael'Thas, they should be still working for his cause. What that cause might be I am not clear about as the chapters regarding the naga and lord Illidan are not part of my knowledge repository and my memory card regarding their magical addiction oftentimes fails me so this is the amount of information I can share with you safely since any more reliable facts to support your query is not possible on my part imminently.
Last edited by Grin on Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:16 am

Grin wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:06 am
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm

I am not following the turtle lore table. Apologies! I found that I already lack knowledge on the already existing areas and plot lines so I pledged myself into exploration and discovery.Time however is a tricky item thus I may not know the answer as of present but will eventually. I plan to do justice for these ones... who call themselves blood elves as well. Can tell that Vereesa's right hand man should always be Rhonin and in case Lor'themar and the people you named in your second question worked under Kael'Thas they should be still very well working for his cause. What that cause might be I am not clear about. The naga and lord Illidan are not part of my knowledge compository.
Well, basically I feel like the devs gave me a "Shut up, there's your answer" hahaha, Lor'themar, Halduron, Rommath are in Alah'thalas as part of the regency council, they are not Blood Elves, in fact, the They hate, EXCEPT ONE, if you can, I suggest following that quest chain which is very good and gives you an idea of where they want to direct the plot with Kael'thas and the Blood Elves.