Did you know?...

Sinrek

Did you know?...

Post by Sinrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Did you know that the very first humanoids were actually trolls of all kinds? sad_turtle_head
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Paw

Re: Did you know?...

Post by Paw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 am

No.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:55 am

But I remember something as if I have read about it one time. I am wondering though... how did the come to be and how did other humanoid creatures came to!?
Uldaman's Stone Keeper statuate revelas information on how the dwaves have which is quite an entertaining lore in itself.
I am wondering about the others anyhow...

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Someone specific?

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Just in general. Do you know for example the elves' origin or the human's?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Rpaw wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 pm
Just in general. Do you know for example the elves' origin or the human's?
In General - most races formed through thousands of years of transformation after the Curse of the Flesh, infected by the Old Gods, which, I hope you've heard about, a lot of races were actually very hard changed into a much lesser beings of what they originally were.

Mechagnomes lost all their immunities and abilities to instantle repair themselves since the Curse taken their bodies from metal to Flesh and bones.

Dwarves, as you've already could know, suffered a similar misfortune.

Humans are very distant descendants of Vry'kul race. Curse of Flesh made'em much more less resistant to magical effects but also granted them some sort of abilitie to amplify it's use.

Regarding the Night Elves is not everything that so simple - sorta troll-kin, yes, more evolution and mutations (perhaps Elune herself had her hands dirty with it, not known for sure) involved apparently. Surely the magical energies of the Well of Eternity has it's toll on these. High elves and lesser ones further down the line (Blood Elves later on) are the living proof of that.

Aliens - orcs, ogres, demons and undead. These are all outlandish. Undead, however, were there much more longer before the first Dark Portal opened.

Sort'a like that.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 am

The Undead?
Weren't they tranfromed by the Scourge?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Rpaw wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 am
The Undead?
Weren't they tranfromed by the Scourge?
Undead, not the Forsaken. Forsaken came to be only after the Civil War in Plaguelands. This is where Sylvanas came into the play.

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 am

Wasn't undeath created by Ner'Zhul's spell as a Lich King?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Rpaw wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 am
Wasn't undeath created by Ner'Zhul's spell as a Lich King?
True, however undeath was used before the Lich King during the First War by the orcish necrolytes who used to Raise Dead. These casters came to be a first line of offensive magiks of the First Orcish Horde.

Paw

Post by Paw » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Necromancy... Ah! What a powerful incantation. One requires a body to reanimate and channel energies through it to command which comes from an other life. For life you must pay with blood. And it is pure evil that if stronger than the will of the one sacrificed and the person who's remains it reenergises combined then it casts a bond on them cursing them to serve the spellcaster's vile intentions.
Although the bond can be broken that which Sylvanas achieved. Some cruel fate.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:27 pm

About the blood and it's tasty magic ...

Apparently it's the type of Magic that The Burning Legion is drawn to like a moth to the flame. Looks like they feed on sacrificies and blood magic is one they bestowed upon those hapless two-headed ogres back in the Second War. These were powered by Gul'dan and his Fel Magic directly given to him back on Draenor by the Demons.

So as Dread these Lords from the Nathreza might be they are Vampiric to the bone, which is a fact proven by the Third War and the remnants of this order till these very days. scared_turtle_head

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 am

Have you ever pondered about the depth of fairy tales' teachings?
The more I play with Warcraft the more I come to realise how much wisdom and guidance it provides.
The thought of Evil is inunderstandable for a young mind but through playing the game and growing in time the seed of the teaching grows in parallel and strives to manifest fully.
Just like the thought of War, Nature, Discipline, Honor, Glory, Cruelty, Immorality, Betrayal... Adventure or Magic.
Words and the power hidden beneath them. Music and its uplifting ability. The sight and the combat. Such a magnificent experience is playing this game! No wonder it reached such lengths.
Even though I love venturing the forest myself. Nowdays in this borish human controlled environment only our minds that can invite real adventure more often than not. And this game is a masterpeace in that regard.
Books too tho however they lack interaction. These games are really something else. I am sort of a writer myself actually but I see you have the knack for it as well. :)
It's nice having to make your aquaintance!