LFG addon

Khazamm

LFG addon

Post by Khazamm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

I found addon for LFG: https://github.com/laytya/vQueue , this can be helpfull for finding player for instances :)

Yutilk

Re: LFG addon

Post by Yutilk » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 am

Is this addon allowed to be used?
Shaman Raid Tank, Priest Tank, Rogue Tank, Support Warrior, etc... I'm Livestreaming!

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm

It's allowed, but I personally discourage the use of that kind of AddOns.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:35 pm

One of the reasons some players play on the vanilla servers is they didn't like the effect the LFG tool had on the community when it was introduced. It's definitely a convenience, but that's because you no longer need to talk to people.

One of things I like a lot about Turtle WoW is the community. Being forced to /who is online when I want to run an instance and actually /whisper players to see if they're available to tank/heal/dps is part of getting to know other players. It's how I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here.

The LFG addon eliminates the need to talk to people and takes some of the socializing away from the game.

~Gifted

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am

Gifted wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:35 pm
One of the reasons some players play on the vanilla servers is they didn't like the effect the LFG tool had on the community when it was introduced. It's definitely a convenience, but that's because you no longer need to talk to people.

One of things I like a lot about Turtle WoW is the community. Being forced to /who is online when I want to run an instance and actually /whisper players to see if they're available to tank/heal/dps is part of getting to know other players. It's how I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here.

The LFG addon eliminates the need to talk to people and takes some of the socializing away from the game.

~Gifted
Yeah, I can imagine this whole LFG conundrum can be quite controversial since WoW at its core depends on communication in order to thrive.
Shaman Raid Tank, Priest Tank, Rogue Tank, Support Warrior, etc... I'm Livestreaming!