PFui right chat window won't show /world channel

Marcubo

PFui right chat window won't show /world channel

Post by Marcubo » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:17 am

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me...

My right chat window has for some reason decided not to allow /world for one of my toons. I can see /world in the left chat so I know I can join it, yet for some reason it stopped displaying in the right window 2 days ago. The kicker is that every other toon has no problem seeing /world in the right chat window. I've tried loading and reloading the layout, leaving and rejoining /world, and have deleted my wdb folder several times. I have no idea why it works as it always has for every other character except my main and it's quite frustrating not being able to see people /lfg in that channel.

I've had a couple of my guild members say they've experienced the same thing, but they gave up and learned to deal with not having the layout. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

Mrrosh

Re: PFui right chat window won't show /world channel

Post by Mrrosh » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:23 am

Just right click the chat tab and tick the world channel like you'd normally would. It has nothing to do with pfUI.

Marcubo

Post by Marcubo » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:30 pm

If only it were that simple. I've done that countless times and still it won't show even though it's selected (ticked)...

Glavorli

Post by Glavorli » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Marcubo wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:30 pm
If only it were that simple. I've done that countless times and still it won't show even though it's selected (ticked)...
Late response here:

PFui does nothing else but to create an extra channel for world/loot or whatever.

If I understand you correctly, all you have to do is create a new chat window (right click on the tab),
name it whatever you want, and then drag it out of the left box and put it onto the right chat frame/panel
that PFui offers you. Then simply tick/untick the channels that you want it to show you.

When you drag a tab out of your chat box, like combat log etc, it will create a new chat window.

The right chat panel in PFui isnt really an extra chat frame, it simply makes a new chat tab and moves
it into the panel.

Oolaatris

Post by Oolaatris » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:25 pm

I'm having the same issue and even when I created a new chat window, I can't get world chat or seemingly any chat channel to show up in it.

Oolaatris

Post by Oolaatris » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm

I can't say why, I just logged in again and the Loot and Spam window is working. I've been playing around with other addon settings so could've been a conflict with another addon. Only one I can think of is in Lazy Pig, I disabled all of the chat filter options