Minimal Addons

Bleuhaze

Minimal Addons

Post by Bleuhaze » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am

I was thinking about playing without Addons like Questie so that you're forced to read quests, explore the world and interact with others. Anyone else thinking of doing something similar?
Last edited by Bleuhaze on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neria

Re: Minimal Addons

Post by Neria » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 am

No addons for me either (unless there's anything around that enhances RP and immersion in some way, I know there are mods for retail where you can create character bios etc). I miss having to actually explore and figure out where I have to go. :)

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:25 am

Support! This is as important a question as xp rate.
It is necessary to prohibit Questie. And then just casualies =)
Sadly. People go to classic Warcraft. But for some reason they make him something else. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with changing the interface or addon one bag. But.. What for?
Turtle, what do you say to that?

Gabrielesani

Post by Gabrielesani » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Agree. I usually don't use addons, except the ones needed for RPing. Questie really breaks the immersion with the game :-)
Fendor Coldmane, Aspirant Beastmaster

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 am

I believe they come in handy.
They don't effect your will to play authenticly. :) But they do make gameplay easier and by doing so you have more time to pay attention to the content and each other. Don't you think?

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am

My answer to this is - say YES to addons smiling_turtle_head

Why?

First of all, basically any mmo can provide you that experience if you want it. Even damn Runes of Magic or Fallen Earth. Especially Fallen Earth.
Vanilla WoW vibe and feel, for me, doesn't come in reading the, in most cases, vague quest text and than spending 40% of my free time by looking for the required monster, while my only directions being "southern Barrens".
Vanilla WoW for me is:

- no hotkey based queues (rdf, rbg, lfr)
- longer leveling
- having to visit trainers each 2 levels
- mounts at lvl40, so you actually FEEL when you get it
- expensive epic mounts
- epic being EPIC... not just recolored item name of something you will replace in 2 levels or 2 days of doing lfr
- world pvp
- you not being the hero in the story, but a minor cogwheel of a bigger mechanism, FACTION

If your only drive to play vanilla wow is to read quests, no offense, but you are playing it for a reason you can get anywhere else. Try to get hooked into any of these mentioned above, as they cannot be found anywhere else in gaming industry. Those are vanilla wow trademarks.

Ohh yea... fuk Questie, it's noob addon in compare to ShaguQuest. Trust me hiding_smth_turtle_head
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link