Can't Load any Addons

Xero

Can't Load any Addons

Post by Xero » Mon May 25, 2020 6:12 am

Hi all,

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong when it comes to getting addons loaded and running? So far I've tried a number of addons and none of them have worked so far...

TL / DR
I'm wondering if there are any specific tricks to loading addons in the Turtle context, please?

---

My specific questions below are in bold green.

What I've done is:

- Downloaded addons from CurseForge - filtering for wow version 1.12.0
- Downloaded addons from WoWInterface - filtering for wow classic
Is there a specific "classic" or "vanilla" group of addons that I need to choose, avoiding any retail versions?

- Unzipped addons to the [WoW]/Interface/Addons folder
(Noting that the unzipped addon versions have a variety of numbers - such as ArkInventory-3.09.27 / AuctioneerSuite-8.2.6512 / and OmniCC+8.3.5 for example - so are these versions actually for later retail versions of WoW, even though they were reportedly Classic-era addons when I downloaded them? Is that why they might not work?)

- Run WoW, logged in to the character page, and then clicked the 'addons' button... but the addons are either missing from this menu, or out of date. When they've been shown as out of date, I've enabled them.

- Entered wow in character, and find that none of the enabled addons are functioning. I have seen some error messages... I would need to write them down if you'd like me to repeat them here?

The end result is that nothing I've tried has worked so far, including with restarts and clearing the WDB folder.

---

The only other issue I assume would be my firewall, as I have everything set to be blocked unless specifically allowed. However, I'm guessing this isn't the issue if the addons can communicate with the Turtle server through the WoW Client? Besides, the firewall hasn't notified me of any outgoing connection requests from any of the addons.

---

Thanks in advance for your suggestions?

X

Xerron

Re: Can't Load any Addons

Post by Xerron » Mon May 25, 2020 10:14 am

Addons marked as 'Classic' don't work on our current game, marked as Vanilla

Here's a huge list of addons:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=874

If you happen to download any of them with -master in the folder name, rename the folder and take the -master part out
E.R.

Heroclastus

Post by Heroclastus » Mon May 25, 2020 10:18 am

Hey,

You have to download Vanilla add-ons, not classic. Classic is what blizzard uses for their classic servers, which use a different engine/system/whatchamacallit so they don't work. Try legacy wow or check the add-ons thread here on the forums under add-ons.

Xero

Post by Xero » Tue May 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Thanks Xerron and Hero, that works... I've now got a couple up and running, and will see what others will be useful :)