LFG addon

Khazamm

LFG addon

Post by Khazamm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

I found addon for LFG: https://github.com/laytya/vQueue , this can be helpfull for finding player for instances :)

Yutilk

Re: LFG addon

Post by Yutilk » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 am

Is this addon allowed to be used?
Shaman Raid Tank & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Support Warrior, Priest Tank, etc...

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm

It's allowed, but I personally discourage the use of that kind of AddOns.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:35 pm

One of the reasons some players play on the vanilla servers is they didn't like the effect the LFG tool had on the community when it was introduced. It's definitely a convenience, but that's because you no longer need to talk to people.

One of things I like a lot about Turtle WoW is the community. Being forced to /who is online when I want to run an instance and actually /whisper players to see if they're available to tank/heal/dps is part of getting to know other players. It's how I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here.

The LFG addon eliminates the need to talk to people and takes some of the socializing away from the game.

~Gifted

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am

Gifted wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:35 pm
One of the reasons some players play on the vanilla servers is they didn't like the effect the LFG tool had on the community when it was introduced. It's definitely a convenience, but that's because you no longer need to talk to people.

One of things I like a lot about Turtle WoW is the community. Being forced to /who is online when I want to run an instance and actually /whisper players to see if they're available to tank/heal/dps is part of getting to know other players. It's how I've met a lot of people and made a lot of friends here.

The LFG addon eliminates the need to talk to people and takes some of the socializing away from the game.

~Gifted
Yeah, I can imagine this whole LFG conundrum can be quite controversial since WoW at its core depends on communication in order to thrive.
Shaman Raid Tank & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Support Warrior, Priest Tank, etc...