Race Language

Mamofish

Race Language

Post by Mamofish » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:24 am

I'm playing an undead character that I would like to only speak in Gutterspeak however, when I select this option in the chat I don't see the [Gutterspeak] listed before my words to show he is indeed speaking that language.

Are race languages disabled? or just do not show the {Gutterspeak} flag like classic does?

This may be in the wrong section of the forum to ask though I figured it is RP related.

Qixel

Re: Race Language

Post by Qixel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:57 am

Unfortunately, diplomacy removes all your languages in favor of an unnamed 'universal' language.

Mamofish

Post by Mamofish » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:20 am

Is this an opt-in feature? If possible I would like to remove communication to the universal language.

Punchbuggy

Post by Punchbuggy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 am

do you have diplomat? If not it must be automatic. The language part, i mean. Might be, since anyone can speak in world chat
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Mamofish

Post by Mamofish » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:42 am

I don't think I do, lvl 5 still at the first undead Inn. Don't remember enabling the diplomat, only entered hardcore mode. Perhaps this changes when you are auto kicked from the "newcomers" guild.

I have a fun character idea with an undead who is missing his lower jaw and can only speak in Gutterspeak. All other communication to other races I will try to "emote" what the character wants to do. I think it would be a lot of fun if I could get this working.

Rhaco

Post by Rhaco » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 pm

I can confirm this is a result of having the Diplomacy item in your keyring, bags, or bank. When I tested, destroying this item allows you speak racial languages again. Unsure if I was a member of the <Newcomer> guild at the time.
Potentially you could destroy and reacquire your diplomatic pendant/whatever after your RP session, but that seems inconvenient.
[H] Sachatamia / Rhaco / Pollywog

Mamofish

Post by Mamofish » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks for the reply! The only item I have in my keyring is the glyph of hardcore... maybe this is an addon issue? I will look into it more, at least I have confirmation this works. Thank you :)

Lantsei

Post by Lantsei » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:47 pm

I think it’s because you’re in the ‘newcomers’ guild. (My theory is that it gives you a hidden diplomacy buff until you leave, since I could whisper alliance characters on my horde character while I was still in the guild, without the diplomacy item.)
If you want to, you can /gquit and test my theory, but you can wait until 15 if you’d rather!
HC Sponge - Gnome Warlock
Talisera - Gnome Warrior
Lantzei - Tauren Druid
------
#LetGnomesBeHunters

Mamofish

Post by Mamofish » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:41 pm

I just tried the /gquit of newcomers, perhaps it's a lvl 15 thing. I'll post my findings for future reference :) Thanks for all the help