The Roleplay Hub

Parcival

The Roleplay Hub

Post by Parcival » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 am

Having discussed in-game our RP options with some players, it came to my mind to be best to bring this to your attention.

THE ROLEPLAY HUB

There's been word on the forums of a server wide, unified RP timeline - and it is something we as Roleplayers on this server should strive for. In time, more guilds will emerge, maybe some only RP focused, as well as already existing and Roleplaying Roleplayers, who already engaged in RP on this server and are slowly building their story archs.

So, my idea is to propose, for the time being, an official Roleplay Hub, for Roleplayers who haven't yet engaged into RP with others, or who already have, to be able to meet at this place (which we will choose) to help kickstart Roleplay on the server. Before we can begin any big events which tie to a unified RP, server wide timeline, we need to build relationships between our characters and even groups/guilds.

What this entails is:
1. An Official Roleplaying Hub (in one of the main cities or any place, which can be easily accessed, to act as a safe zone)
2. An Official Roleplaying World Chat (/join Roleplay - as an example, which can be used for OOC communication on a faction wide basis for announcements, questions, etc. NOT intended for OOC chit chat between IC engaged characters - keep that to the party or in brackets)
3. An Official Timeline Forum Topic (to archive any big changes in the world of Azeroth, so already engaged Roleplayers or new ones, can easily look up what has already been done, and abide by it) = of course, this last one, will emerge once events begin to appear)

Thus please, write in your reply YOUR FACTION and YOUR PROPOSSED RP HUB [GENERAL ZONE; DISTRICT](for your faction, of course). An example can be found below:
Alliance, Stormwind; Old Town
Please do not write your additional ideas for Roleplay in this topic - we will open another topic for those, for better organization. If you want to comment on the ideas I've presented above, divide the initial information with a line, and write your comment down below. Example follows:
The Roleplay Hub will be selected for each faction at the end of the 14 days period (23. 10. 2018) based upon the most noted location. (Which results I shall again present, and we can decide finally on the 23th of October the RP hubs for each faction).

Parcival

Re: The Roleplay Hub

Post by Parcival » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 am

Alliace, Stormwind; Old Town

Gabrielesani

Post by Gabrielesani » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Alliance, Wetlands; Menethil Harbor Inn

Guffnat

Post by Guffnat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Horde, Orgrimmar, Valley of Honor

Edit:
Horde, The Barrens, Crossroads (makes perfectly sense, Zazzi) smiling_turtle_head
Last edited by Guffnat on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zazzi

Post by Zazzi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Horde, The Barrens; The Crossroads
While Valley of Honor would be the 'standard' Horde roleplaying hub, I'm more in favour of moving it out into the world as we're not necessarily beholden to what happens in retail. Crossroads is nice thematically as a halfway point between Orc/Troll lands and Tauren lands, with direct paths to Stonetalon Mountains, Ashenvale, Durotar, and Thousand Needles, so there's plenty of reasons for adventurers and travellers to be out and about.

Thurimar

Post by Thurimar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Seabraid

Post by Seabraid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Alliance, Stormwind; Old Town / Alliance, Wetlands; Deepwater Tavern
I think Stormwind is the obvious central hub but it'd be cool to have an alternate, and perhaps a dedicated day to a different pub. I suggest the Deepwater Tavern in Menethil Harbour in the Wetlands as a great spot, the jumping off point between continents.

Valjan

Post by Valjan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Horde, The Barrens; The Crossroads

Laizek

Post by Laizek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Neinet

Post by Neinet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm