[Tutorial] How to install Role-Playing AddOns

Jolikmc

Re: [Tutorial] How to install Role-Playing AddOns

Post by Jolikmc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Here's some working links to the main three (right now) roleplaying profile AddOns for Vanilla / Turtle WoW:
  • MyRolePlay (v2.2.2, v2.2.3, v2.2.4)
    Add a detailed profile to your character and see other characters' profiles in WoW's tooltips.
    (AddOn automatically adds your character to "xtensionxtooltip2" and "MyRolePlay" chat channels, which is how it communicates.)

Change Log
    Beta v2.2.3 (July 23rd, 2019) by Pompa
    (viewtopic.php?p=3508&sid=96d7d1bb934465 ... ba46#p3508)
    - Fixed a crash that was happening whenever a player moved the mouse pointer over a GM character.

Beta v2.2.4 (June 17th, 2022) by Jo Li
    - Fixed a bug (hopefully) that would cause MyRolePlay to occasionally return "attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)" errors for lines 637 and 793
    (As far as I can figure, this was happening because there was a space between lines 634 and 636, as well as 789 and 791. That shouldn't NORMALLY matter, but I guess either the back-porting of this AddOn was a little shoddy, or Vanilla WoW's LUA architecture is just different enough to sometimes hiccup.)

• flagRSP and FriendList
    Add a simple profile to your character, see others' profiles in pop-up tooltips, and keep a database of roleplayers.
    (AddOn automatically adds your character to "xtensionxtooltip2" chat channel, which is how it communicates.)

• ImmersionRP (Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 only)
    Add a simple profile to your character and see others' profiles in pop-up tooltips.
    (AddOn automatically adds your character to "xtensionxtooltip2" chat channel, which is how it communicates.
     Additionally, ImmersionRP can be set to add your character to "immersioncomm", instead.)
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-
My Characters
Thoradd (Dwarf, Hunter)Kulah (Troll, Mage)Gizrondo (Gnome, Warlock)Alfabetix (bank alt) – Zzsleepyzz (Temp. char)