[quest] Investigate the Blue Recluse

Aidam

[quest] Investigate the Blue Recluse

Post by Aidam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 pm

The quest to Investigate the Blue Recluse seems broken.
Wowhead classic link: https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=1920/ ... ue-recluse
There is a comment from Thottbot from 2005 saying:

"Ok here is what I find... Putting in the time to figure this out. No, it's not a bug but requires patience, talk to the Jennea Cannon for the quest - Investigate the Blue Recluse quest.

1. Get the Cantation of Manifestation & Chest of Containment Coffers (10 charges) from the table behind her.

2. So soon you get out of the mage tower, jump down and you will see 'Blue Recluse' inn, go in then go to the basement.

3. Use your Cantation of Manifestation (Its a 5-minute timer between the spawn each time you use it.) - It does not matter how you hurt it, just beat it down until you see the spiral on its head.

4. Use the Chest of Containment Coffers once the riff is stunned (spiral on its head), then it will say - 'Rift Spawn is sucked into the coffers', then as soon it's gone, click on the coffers and it will then be in your inventory.

5. Repeat/Rinse #3 5 minutes later until you get 3 necessary coffers, then you're done...

Good luck.."

Finding riffs works, but when you damage them, they don't get stunned, just eventually die and leave some loot. I looked for some videos of the quest on youtube but couldn't find anything from vanilla or classic beta. The quest might have been done by some twitch streamer during the beta or stress test, but that's a lot of footage to dig through.

For now, all I know is, that those Riffs should get stunned at some amount of hp and then become targetable by Containment Coffer, which doesn't happen.
Playing on human mage Nolan

Punchbuggy

Re: [guest] Invetigate the Blue Recluse

Post by Punchbuggy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:02 am

Got it to more or less work for the wife. (her mage) I tanked the void spawn while she did the finageling with the item. No stun effect on the spawns. (2 popped each time) I really don't know how a lone mage would have accomplished it. I couldn't attack the spawn r they would die and she would get no progress. (I am an equal level pally) So, I would get aggro and just stand there, maybe auto-attack so they would be down to about 1/4 life. (Healing myself judiciously as they hit pretty hard)

Hope that helps.
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Skyelumine

Re: [quest] Investigate the Blue Recluse

Post by Skyelumine » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:04 pm

You can use the containment coffers on the spawn after you have killed one. I believe the normal way the quest should work is that you fight them, they become stunned at some point, and then you use a coffer. For Turtle WoW, start by killing a rift spawn, use the coffer on the rift's corpse, and then pick up the filled containment coffer. This should allow you to complete the quest.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:22 pm

Skyelumine wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:04 pm
You can use the containment coffers on the spawn after you have killed one. I believe the normal way the quest should work is that you fight them, they become stunned at some point, and then you use a coffer. For Turtle WoW, start by killing a rift spawn, use the coffer on the rift's corpse, and then pick up the filled containment coffer. This should allow you to complete the quest.
This thread was made in 2019.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:34 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:22 pm
Skyelumine wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:04 pm
This thread was made in 2019.
But the quest still doesn't work though.

Brendorocklee

Post by Brendorocklee » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:30 am

This quest is still bugged. At no point do the rift spawns become stunned when you damage them. I was able to complete the quest by using the Cantation of Manifestation and then immediately use the Chest of Containment Coffers. Doing so spawns the quest item for you to loot. Repeat the process twice and quest complete.

You don't need to fight them at all like your normally are supposed to. They are also not hostile unless you attack them, whereas in original vanilla they would attack upon spawn, which is what makes this quest supposed to be quite hard solo.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 pm

Please make a detailed bug report on https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ker/issues about how it should work, how it currently works, relevant NPC IDs, item IDs, quest ID, etc. I just looked and saw that no one ever made a bug report related to this which is probably why it never got any attention.