Cower is being parried!

Skullmiser

Cower is being parried!

Post by Skullmiser » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:42 am

The Druid ability "Cower" is presently able to be blocked/dodged/parried.. and it is possible to "Miss."
That's not how this ability is supposed to function. It should only be able to be "resisted."
This bug is especially bad, as being blocked or parried makes it much more difficult to use if you're in danger. You can't get behind an enemy nearly as well if you have their attention.

Taunt/growl can be resisted, and are working normally. Somebody check "feint" for me. The Rogue skill.
Last edited by Skullmiser on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pompa

Re: Cower is being parried!

Post by Pompa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello, do you have any source / evidence about this? We need to be 100% sure it's not Blizzlike.

Skullmiser

Re: Cower is being parried!

Post by Skullmiser » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Here's a page from 2007 that includes a tip that mentions resisting. https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Cower_( ... did=276913
I looked through patch notes, and was unable to find that this mechanic was changed between 1.12.1 and April 4th 2007.
I'll keep looking for better sources.

Feint is also being Parried.

Pompa

Re: Cower and Feint are being parried!

Post by Pompa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

2007 is The Burning Crusade, though. Maybe it was changed before 1.12.1.

Skullmiser

Re: Cower and Feint are being parried!

Post by Skullmiser » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 am

I no longer think that Feint should be resisted, but I still think that Cower should be.
In 0.12, cower was changed to allow being used against enemies immune to physical attacks.