Venture Co. Overseer & Enforecers

Sinrek

Venture Co. Overseer & Enforecers

Post by Sinrek » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 am

As the comment here reminds of this mob's abilities all I could add is that "low hp" is two-thirds of his HP and the time it takes for "reaching up to that poison dagger is literally 2 seconds.

It looks as an emote: "Venture Co. Overseer reaches for his poisonous dagger!"
Then the mob actually switches up to the dagger weapon, hits once and attempts to apply poison on the enemy. When his health reaches 10% attempts to run away in fear with appropriate emotion.

Venture Co. Enforcers should have weakest Battle Shout on them, besides Disarm. Do not run away, since they are ... well, enforcers, tough guys and girls.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Peeves

Re: Venture Co. Overseer & Enforecers

Post by Peeves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

Nice spot! Didn't cross my mind when I was there. happy_turtle

I added your development suggestion to my thread for NPC scripts. I suggest keeping similar issues in the same threads to avoid forum clutter. The Development sub-forum is constantly being filled up with new threads, which is, to say the least, counter-productive from a community perspective. It's another point that most of these threads address issues barely worth attention, as well as some that have been present in every server I've played. Having a nice community overview of the issues seems much better to me, than just seeping them out as different threads. Our Development sub-forum has the most number of topics, currently standing at 136, which does not present us in a great light to any newcomers.

Even if you may disagree with my point, Sinrek, I will continue to update my thread with the found issues. It's just easier, simpler and far more enjoyable to keep track of what's fixed and what's being suggested, than digging the forums to find what happened with this and that.

I still think bugged quests should have their own topics, but as far as scripts and emotes go - those do not really need the attention of the entire forum-base, I'm sorry. I think we should work on better defining our will to support the server - making daily threads on subpar development suggestions is not the way. If any developers agree with me, feel free to make my thread sticky and hope that all further script development suggestion would go there.

I'd truly ask of you, Sinrek, not to take this as a bad comment. I'm not doing a demonstrative speech here; just trying to make the forums a pleasant experience for everyone to visit.

I hope you continue to report all issues you come across.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:17 am

I'd say that since Turtles asked us to post in Development forum for bugs we come across then we'd help at least with sticking to the Development forum section with bug reports. How do Turtles handle the reports and apply fixes I believe is a concern better left to them.

I'll completely agree with you, Peeves, and support your plight with people post suggestions on appropriate forum section in Suggestions, not in Development.

I see your sincere desire to help this project and I admire your perceptive view on the forums, therefore, I'll continue posting bugs I come across. Hope you'll join in. happy_turtle

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:55 am

Sinrek, glad to hear your quick and elaborate response! I wish to clarify that I don't have problem with the use of the Development section.

Maybe you have a point, saying we don't need to know about the issue handling, but my point was a bit different, either way. I just believe in more concise threads in the forum, with information regarding only that which is important. While stuff like RP interractions and emotes add a great deal of flavor to our beloved game, I just don't feel like each of those issues deserves a seperate topic.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm

I'm sorry, is this Turtle WoW (RP PvE server) forum for bug reporting?