[bugged rogue] big big big BIG problem!

Jepa

[bugged rogue] big big big BIG problem!

Post by Jepa » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello hello,

I'm new to this server and I alredy see a biiiig problem (earth is about to crumble under my feets). Rogue are beeing detected by mobs (that even more when of the same level and above ) in stealth mode.

No need to mention the little problems that comes up with that.

I'm pretty sure its a really easy problem to fix, smt like the treat level in stealth mode or IDK....

Thanks for reading my post and hoping this will be quickly sovled.

See you in game.

PS: sorry my post is a bit of a click-bait but if you're reading this...its the proof it worked :P

Owondyah

Re: [bugged rogue] big big big BIG problem!

Post by Owondyah » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:43 pm

Sinrek ... is that you?
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?
You lazy ass angry_turtle
TopG.org & Top100Arena.com & XtreamTop100 & WoWStatus.net

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Owondyah wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:43 pm
Sinrek ... is that you?
Nope. I'm making my case with video proof it's bugged, I see no point in posts like these with no video comparison. turtle_tongue
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Jepa

Post by Jepa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Man its just bugged. No hard to figure out. And no hard to fix, I'm pretty sure of it too. Why would one need to prove it with a video, when its so easy to see it by yourself in the game? ^^

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Would like to see your video, Sinrek.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Try now by the way, we tweaked some things.

Jepa

Post by Jepa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm

thanks for your quick reply. No difference for me tho. Still beeing detected miles away unless I keep walking exactly behind the target the whole time :/

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Would like to see your video, Sinrek.
Working on it, Torta. Just hold on a wee bit. I'll have it all gathered and described properly so there would be no doubts regarding the issue.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Xdrazen

Post by Xdrazen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 am

Come on torta. Fix that, and as I told, i wanna help the server as developer

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Can't reproduce, working just fine. Waiting for videoproof. Walking in front of the creature is putting it in 'alarm' mode which is getting your chances to get noticed much higher, it's normal behavior.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:38 pm

It is, however some mobs ignore this rule and give no alarm state for a player to catch on his mistake.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Then it's not the stealth issue but creature's one.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:56 pm
Then it's not the stealth issue but creature's one.
Hence I'm investigating and trying to record a comparison video for it. satisfied_turtle

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:42 pm

Ok, wha I've found so far is a bunch of an aweful quality old vids with rogues near mobs and approximately figured out that with no Master of Deception (here and later on MoD) stealth detection from mobs should be lowered at least for 50%. With MoD I'd guess up to 80% (fully invested).

That's only a guess since there's not much text value as a proof to show you, and quality of the video is just as awefull as you'd never had a chance to screw it intentionally… 2005 bois. wary_turtle

Believe it or not - up to you. I'd suggest to make a poll and perhaps pin one in discord and main page forums or announcements, dunno. scared_turtle

That's all I had for now. Will continue to watch through a tones of the vids with rogues from '05 - '07 years, but that's just not very informative whatsoever. Close to give up on that… sad_turtle

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:16 pm

My gut feeling is that stealth level may be 1 level off. I've noticed it as well in kitty form that mobs see you extremely easy if you're in front of them. In my recollection I could stealth a bit better than this. Really have a hard time stealthing past stuff.
Could be as simple mobs seeing you as if you were 1 stealth level lower.
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]