[bugged rogue] big big big BIG problem!

Sinrek

Re: [bugged rogue] big big big BIG problem!

Post by Sinrek » Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am

I hope you remember this issue as well.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:10 am

bumpity
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 am

Druid cat form prowling doesn't seem affected, as far as I've seen. Not sure if this is helpful or not.

Vurion

Post by Vurion » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Is this still affecting rogues? I'm waiting to level mine until I'm sure I can sneak around effectively, since I enjoy Subtlety most of all.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Unfortunately, it is.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Unfortunately this issue has been present since Nost times, most Vanilla private servers has it. We can only make guesses about how it should work (extensive research needs to be done now that Classic is coming out). I'll try to adjust some values though.

However the Rogue is still completely playable, as I said even in Elysium and Light's Hope is working like this.
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Okay, I have tweaked some values. As I said earlier this is a guessing game. Sinrek is already testing it.

I'm waiting for more feedback!
Turtle developer.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:05 am

Seems like it's up to the working state now! Master of Deception is working properly (all 5 levels of it) and the range at which mobs of equal level should get an alarm of your presence and detect you is now correct, thanks to diligent work Pompa pumped out here. Thanks, my swiftest turtle!

Vurion

Post by Vurion » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 am

Excellent news! Thank you, Pompa.

Skeletonca

Post by Skeletonca » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Still not working 100%. I am still detected by green enemies sometimes and always detected by yellow even if they are below my level which should not be happening. What is the point of having abilities like sap or ambush if you cannot get near anybody your level to use them?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:56 am

I imagine you have some numerical values for your claims, eh?

Neutral mobs still react to stealthing player nearby, which shouldn't happened, that's for sure.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Skeletonca wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm
Still not working 100%. I am still detected by green enemies sometimes and always detected by yellow even if they are below my level which should not be happening. What is the point of having abilities like sap or ambush if you cannot get near anybody your level to use them?
Greetings, you need to provide facts and proofs! Remember that Stealth in Vanilla was harder than in Retail, for example.
Turtle developer.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:51 pm

The area of the stealth detection is right correct i would say. (cannot atm do all the tests)
But i encountered some bugs with the stealth.
-Spell batching seems to be broken. (Some spells on me just don't unstealth me if i'm the right correct timing, that is not the case in vanilla)
-Dots keep you in combat (in pvp), it would get you out of combat 5,5 seconds after the cast.

These bugs are encountered in the gurubashi arena, so to know the problem; we must do some test in and outside the arena to be sure about what's wrong. Because there's some other bugs encountered in the gurubashi arena: Like Traps for hunt.
Baldr, A Dwarf legacy. https://youtu.be/AtNVD9B3f3s

Tohkun

Post by Tohkun » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi guys, I have a question for you, is it normal to be detected by neutral mobs ? I started a fresh new rogue as human, once I've been able to enter in stealth mode I tried it and sneaked around some neutral wolves. But suprisingly they started to rumble at me and staring at me, without triggering any combat (because they're neutral obviously).

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:55 pm

It is not. We're trying to fix that.