Change / Remove Portable Meeting Stones

Torta

Change / Remove Portable Meeting Stones

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Greetings!

Initially Portable Meetings Stones were meant as a quick transport to the active locations for role-playing interactions. You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=203

However, these locations are never really crowded or really used for anything.

My suggestion is to remove this free teleport, and leave normal Heartstones alone, but add a new transport way between continents, such as:

Teldrassil > Goldshire
Brill > Crossroads

Owondyah

Re: Change / Remove Portable Meeting Stones

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:54 pm

I'm always in favor of more immersive stuff... so, you have my vote there.
I say - remove it.

These added transports should function both ways though, and be somewhat immersive too. Portals are kinda not vanilla thing, so I'd suggest some goblin machinery in Brill to server as porting tool and some gnomish alternative in Teldrasil. Something like that machine in booty bay for Gnomer...
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Can't we just let players have a small quest chain "go and talk to" with opening Menethil - IF flightpath?

Brill got the zeppelin towers to Orgrimmar, so we just need a connection to Thunder Bluff. satisfied_turtle_head
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:00 pm

I was planning to use Dwarven Flying Machines, same what we have for Mirage Raceway.

Flight paths as we know them are not possible without client updates, I'm not sure.

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Tbh we got alot of "hearthstones" as it is,right now i got 3,Alliance protector scroll,Hearth stone and the portable meeting stone.
Also what is this racism? No tp to kharanos? No Transmog npc in ironforge nor an Alliance Diplomat? :p
Make ironforge great again!..plz torta
Ret pally best pally!

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:09 pm

whatever it is... I support it, just remove the stones. It's "free, immersion breaking, thing that is using my bag slot". ;)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Thaddion

Post by Thaddion » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm too used to them to see them gone. Also, there are plenty of things in WoW (and this server) that are completely unimmersive. We might as well get rid of the Turtle Shop since it's plenty unimmersive. Besides, never before have I had a reason to enter the Pig and Whistle tavern until I joined this server.

Nemain

Post by Nemain » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:16 pm

They're convenient to have, both leveling up and after 60. Are they unimmersive? Yes. Are they a detriment to the server in any way, shape or form? No... Not really. I'd say, just leave them as is.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:22 pm

all your points go in vain if we get normal transport from zone to zone on a way that Torta suggested in the OP

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Thaddion

Post by Thaddion » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Well, no, not really. The alternative is more work and more trouble for the admins. By the way, did you know you can remove the stone and then get another in the Turtle Shop?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:34 pm

A quest for one time teleported by an NPC?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Floopybird

Post by Floopybird » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Anyone who wants less mobility should simply remove the stone from their bag. It's awesome to have the stone to save on travel time and it brings people together more quickly so they can enjoy the game together. It doesn't harm anyone's game play / experience at all. Leave it as-is or add other / additional options. My $0.02.

Ryanx

Post by Ryanx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:46 pm

I think that it makes no sense to change anything, since people who play on this server have long been accustomed to this stone. I can also say that it is really very useful, because it can save time and possibly nerves:D

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 pm

every single post in this topic just proves that stone is NOT used as its intended. It's main purpose was quick access to RP hub... which are EMPTY.

fact

end of story

This was not intended as a 2nd hearthstone... also fact.

With all said so far, you just contributed towards it's removal. So far, apart from "i'm used to it", not a single valid reason to keep it has been posted.

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Mamul

Post by Mamul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm

can make weekly RP global event and the stone to be a reward for attending, that teleport you to next week event place or the current. the stone will disappear after certain time like the survival skill torches. this way more people will come for the event and we will do more and more rp and if you miss it you will lose the stone :D

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Keep them. For those that say it's unimmersive, so is World chat. The Stone is a nice convenient way to quickly catch up with people for those Onyxia City buffs or the Arena tent parties.

Another option as I mentioned in chat, put quest lines in to gain a 'Key to the City' which would be a hearth to it's respective city. Earned via Exalted reputation and/or questline. These could perhaps go into the keychain instead of bag space (if clickables are allowed there).

Supremorie

Post by Supremorie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:31 pm

I like Mamul's idea of making it a reward for showing up to RP events. I don't think that I've ever used it for RP reasons, despite being an RPer, so I don't see why it shouldn't be removed. I almost always use it as an extra hearth.
Yaelira Oakheart | Sentinel Lyshaera Amberglave | Narai Blackscribe
Xiaji'fon
Feel free to interact ICly if you see me!

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 pm

I will add additional transport regardless.

The coordinates of Horde's teleport will change to Orgrimmar.

The item will get some good engineering descriptions and become acting like a Portable Wormhole Device and will now require reagents to use.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 pm
I will add additional transport regardless.

The coordinates of Horde's teleport will change to Orgrimmar.

The item will get some good engineering descriptions and become acting like a Portable Wormhole Device and will now require reagents to use.
Great compromise.

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm

To remove the meeting stone and not remove City protector scrolls, mirage raceway transport, arena teleporter etc is hypocritical. Remove all or remove none.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Pfwg wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm
To remove the meeting stone and not remove City protector scrolls, mirage raceway transport, arena teleporter etc is hypocritical. Remove all or remove none.
The transports you mention are bond to a zone, and also their existence is justified in the lore (apart of arena one, maybe, this one should also be gone, since Bloody Tournament is over), not to the player's inventory. City Protector's Scrolls can be used only by 8 people in total, and it was meant to change each week.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:59 am

Device crackles and whirring. Aperture on it's husk is well fitting 5 silver coins. 1 hour cooldown.
Still better than a random teleport "just because why not".

Everyone around can use it, not just a caster, lasting 6 seconds.

Khazvarg

Post by Khazvarg » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 am

Mamul wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm
can make weekly RP global event and the stone to be a reward for attending, that teleport you to next week event place or the current. the stone will disappear after certain time like the survival skill torches. this way more people will come for the event and we will do more and more rp and if you miss it you will lose the stone :D
I support something leading this way¡

But in any case, I strongly belive that the portable meeting stone is quite dispposable since each Rp session has his own location set and even some are made of the very chat itself. Also, adding a way to easily move betwen continents is a very good option too.
Khazvarg Wildhammer
Dwarf Warrior
"Ancestors guide me"

Vurion

Post by Vurion » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:05 pm

Has the new teleport been activated in-game yet? Where can I find it? Thank you!

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Yes it is! Find it under "Gameplay" section of Speedy's shop!