Portable Meeting Stone changes

Skullmiser

Portable Meeting Stone changes

Post by Skullmiser » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:39 pm

It would be swell if these were changed to have a short cast time, or if the graphic could be changed again. They used to just look like a rock, but now they share a graphic with the Rune of the Dawn, so now I don't trust myself to have the meeting stone in my inventory in case I want to visit Stratholme or scholomance, and I try to put on said trinket.

Pfwg

Re: Portable Meeting Stone changes

Post by Pfwg » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:11 am

A cast time would certainly help avoiding any mishaps!
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I would recommend putting your trinket on your action bar, or keeping the meeting stone in a designated inventory space. :3

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Right now what I do is I carry the turtle box, and I have speedy give me a new one when I need it, and then destroy it after.

All my action bars are full!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:24 pm

I was suggesting this right from the start … perhaps one year later with your pressure on the matter, we'll finally have some cast time on this blasted stone.

Thanks.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:53 am

At least make all the 'less than vanilla looking' custom items that have a use function have 'green Use: text' (Portable Summoning Stone, Unlit Torches).

Also fix all the QUESTION MARK icons with custom items and spells (I am looking at you winter veil reindeer and rng box santa help armour set XD).

Also if you are feeling prestigious (or just want to look better and improve server legitimacy for marketing to grow the currently small player base) add a crafting window and ability for survival to make it seamless withe the rest of the professions and secondary skills in vanilla.

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:07 am

Perhaps you could make it into a spell that goes into the General Tab of the Spellbook, instead of it occupying inventory space? Aka, the Turtle teaches you a spell instead of giving you an item.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 am

Arraya wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:07 am
Perhaps you could make it into a spell that goes into the General Tab of the Spellbook, instead of it occupying inventory space? Aka, the Turtle teaches you a spell instead of giving you an item.
Practically, it's not even a spell but a server-side script. I know some of the proposed changes seem really easy to do, but there're reasons why we keep thing the way they're now >.<

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:20 am

Torta wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 am
Arraya wrote:
Practically, it's not even a spell but a server-side script. I know some of the proposed changes seem really easy to do, but there're reasons why we keep thing the way they're now >.<
Damn, I guess adding new spells doesn't work as I thought haha

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:30 am

Arraya wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:20 am
Torta wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 am
Arraya wrote:
Damn, I guess adding new spells doesn't work as I thought haha
Custom server-side spell won't pass initial client-side checks without having its template in the client files. These are cons of working with someone else's game.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 am

All one can do is keep pressing onward eh?

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:34 am

Can you make it a key like Diplomat?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 am

Chilltools wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:34 am
Can you make it a key like Diplomat?
We shouldn't abuse the key system! It will stay as a normal item.