Proposed dungeon changes.

Sesostris

Proposed dungeon changes.

Post by Sesostris » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Hello guys, this is Athena!

I was thinking the other day how we can spark dungeon activity with only a limited number of people.

My thoughts carried me to several suggestions that we could discuss, with the condition that they were possible.

1st Suggestion: Since scalling is possible in raids, why cant we do it in dungeons too, with, for example, appropriate scaling for 3 people doing it. 1 tankish, 1healish and 1 dps, with same or decreased rewards.

2nd suggestion: Why don't we put some added difficulty in the present dungeons, for 50 or 60 lvl players, like Heroic Dungeons for extra loot or (in case this is unacceptable) even titles to be had by the players.

3rd suggestion and only if such a thing is possible: Why not up-scale lower level dungeons, to 60 level toughness for some added variety to high level players.

I remind you all that these proposals come with the condition that those changes can actually be applied to the game.

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this.

See you inside :))

Pompa

Re: Proposed dungeon changes.

Post by Pompa » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:09 pm

We'll study your proposals, I personally like the second one!

Thornbuild

Post by Thornbuild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:27 pm

I have to admit, I would love to do RFC as a lvl 60 dungeon ;)

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Uh, 3 people dungeon would help very much for european players. because we mostly play at times so few people are online that it is very hard to even see a dungeon.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

I worry about reducing the # of players requirement for dungeons.

It's human nature for people to take the path of least resistance. I worry that if players know they can finish instances with 3 people rather than 5 they'll make less of an effort to assemble 'full' groups. Imagine if players ask around in /guild to get a party together, get 3 players, then think, "Hey, that's good enough!" You can get a lot more loot if you only have to split it 3-ways rather than 5-ways!

I like that it's challenging to get groups. It forces players to talk to other players outside of their guilds and even members of the opposing faction. This has lead me to forge a lot more friendships on this server than if things had been otherwise.

~Gifted

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Less loot for 3-(wo)man-groups

And as a european you can write as much players as you want. When there are only 12 or so online at times you can play. And we don't want to be pulled for every dungeon by highlevels.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Pulling 5 people together is difficult too for european play times, it`s not impossible tho...on most times. But we hardly see any dungeon during week at the moment. That`s a temporary but general server issue i believe.
I personally don`t like the idea to make such wide-ranging changes to the game.

I am interested in how will you manage "less" loot when bosses for example only drop 1 piece of gear? no loot?

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am

When it drops 1, it drops 1. Can't reduce that.

But being able to "accumulate riches" on this server... I don't see this as a problem at all. The server pop is so small. Even with people "accumulating riches" so much faster then wouldn't give them instant access to a raid group or tople over the server ecconomy.

You always can reduce drops from trash and bosses that drop >1.

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:03 pm

I already don't like that raids are scaled down. If dungeons are scaled down too, I'll probably stop playing here.
I really liked that it was a bit harder to level here with hardcore mode, and I don't know why other things should be made easier to obtain. It seemed.. out of flavor. I think the rationale there was that... "we were never going to get a high enough population to ever do them normally." That's less true of five-man dungeons.

I already enjoy dungeons with a party of under five. It gives more rewards per player, and I enjoy the challenge.

Trippedover

Post by Trippedover » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 am

I like the idea. A good idea for 3 man's would be awesome. Maybe add rewards for doing a proper 5 man while somehow flexing dungeons to allow 3 man's

Korkis

Post by Korkis » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:52 am

I found out the innkeepers have some custom option that should help people to queue for a specific dungeon, or at least I hope it is intended to do so, because it never happen for me to yield any result, just a button on the minimap similar to BG queue, and equally useless. I searched forums, and this is not promoted, not described anywhere. Maybe people don't know about it, or it is not fully implemented, or the level requirement should be loosened (at least if player still has quests in a dungeon some levels lower, as player should not be deprived from doing dungeon quests because of low pop)

I hate RDF because it turned WoW to Diablo, but inability to do dungeon quests on a quest-oriented server frustrates even more unhappy_turtle_head

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 am

We recently have a pretty high dungeon activity. I personally always liked calssic especially for it`s dungeon content, changing things with scaling would rip that off the game.

Musse

Post by Musse » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:20 am

Both Clothar and Skullmiser has good points here.

When it comes to Athena's suggestions, I'm am against. Just because Athrna want's more to-do as L60, doesn't mean changing the dungeon system is a good idea. Either this is vanilla, or not. I vote for vanilla. Make more new characters Athena, and enjoy the dungeons as designed.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Dungeon scaling is an interesting idea on paper idk how it translates in reality.

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:44 am

Dungeon scaling would require a great deal of items to have multiple versions.

With the same amount of effort new content to help gear people up into dungeons and raids could be done and the fresh high level characters would have an easier time getting into dungeons and ultimately raids. Give it time the server should be growing.

The server could use some more awareness. Many more wow players would come if they knew about the server. Keep the server away from staff drama, keep it stable, and trickling in new content and it is a solid path to be on.