Crusader Strike and Holy Strike

Chlothar

Re: Crusader Strike and Holy Strike

Post by Chlothar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Also 1 talent could be given to humans the other one to dwarven =) That would give them ...eventually...a different play style. I have so many ideas popping up in my mind but that would require so much work for the server staff^^

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Chlothar wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Also 1 talent could be given to humans the other one to dwarven =) That would give them ...eventually...a different play style. I have so many ideas popping up in my mind but that would require so much work for the server staff^^
I love this idea but instead of a talent how about a quest like the Tauren planesrunning

Holy Strike for Dwarves
Crusader Strike for Humans

The quest's should involve killing undead or demons imho

Thornbuild

Post by Thornbuild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:25 pm

As I am planning to play my dwarf Paladin as dungeon tank, an additional (controllable) damage skill like Holy Strike sounds pretty neat for generating threat... Chlothar, and you've tested both abilities together with SoC/JoC?

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 am

Please add both of them. Even with these two spells they would still be the worst dps but it would improve paladins, esepcially leveling. And with the usual seal - judgement - seal (and healing, buffs etc) route your mana drains pretty quickly, plus with added cooldowns they wouldn't be abusable. Also make sure the Improved Seal of Crusader talent has an effect on Crusader Strike (and maybe Improved Seal of Righteousness on Holy Strike?).

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

@Thornbuild crusader strikes applies a debuff on the target being hit and stack up to 5. That debuff is of the same kind as JoC, that will not work together.
this game has different kinds of crusader strike with different values of stacking +holy dmg to the target. It pretty much depends in which will be given to us. But the 5x stack should cause a+dmg bonus around 150 and deal ~ 100dmg.

My testing happened past year so i am not 100% sure about the values anymore. My server doesnt work atm after i moved to a new computer and havent tried to fix it yet.
But here is some data from the game database:

crusader strike R5 https://classicdb.ch/?spell=10337
crusader strike of a grimtotem mob https://classicdb.ch/?spell=17281
holy strike rank8 https://classicdb.ch/?spell=10333

I would like to have them both tbh =)
@MrKrissatan: I mentioned an idea for the quest involving to kill the 2 deathknights the game knows besides Naxx and a demon from dire maul!!

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am

I would prefer to have both spells as well but I like the idea of racial paladin spells

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:01 pm

To have both spells would be dope. But as an endlevel talent it wouldn'd help much with lveveling, as a lvl60 spell too. Lvl 40or lvl 20 learnable spell or quest would be better.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 am

A Level 20 quest sounds good to me, everyone else on board with that?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:12 am

I believe it should be on earlier levels since we have quests later on and we'd like players to get familiar with new (old LUL) mechanics and figure the best rotation while they still have some time levelling. Also, as you already know, later level quests would require much more complex implementation due to the number of quest-givers and time we will need to link them all smoothly enough.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Can this be the next sands of time update?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Most likely, Deadcrow. Would like to hear more opinions on this matter first.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Yay! I like the racial quest idea personally

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Lets say crusader strike could be the reward for the lvl 20-30 quest.Theres a demon zone in Ashenvale "Felfire Hill" that has no quests in vanilla i believe, maybe the Dreadlord there could be part of a paladin quest.
For Holy strike you could go to barrens and kill a lvl 15 rare demon in a cave at dreadmist peak.

In my oppinion holy strike should be the first talent you get because you have more ranks to learn. It has 8 ranks in total that could be. Lvl 14 20 26 32 38 44 50 56.
crusader strike has 5 ranks and could be learned at 20 30 40 50 60.

I wouldnt split the attacks to dwarfen and human because holy strike dmg pretty much builds up on stacking crusader strike on the target before.
Last edited by Chlothar on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Hmm a pair of quest chains maybe?

Aurrius

Post by Aurrius » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 am

idk i personally would prefer to be able to use both spells as a human paladin and see how they work in a rotation. both of them being in a quest chain i like as well but i dont agree with it being a racial difference as we frankly dont know how they both function as is. im not opposed to them being split racially in the future though we would just need testing and im sure like myself a lot of the playerbase on the server would be more than willing to test that