Crusader Strike and Holy Strike

Mrkrissatan

Crusader Strike and Holy Strike

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 am

It would be nice to see these two beta Paladin spells readded to the game and it would give retribution something more to do than auto attack even if it does lead to them going oom more often

https://classicdb.ch/?spell=2537

https://classicdb.ch/?spell=679

Sinrek

Re: Crusader Strike and Holy Strike

Post by Sinrek » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:43 am

That's basically an equivalent for shaman's 31 points Enhancement Stormstrike talent. I would rework the last Retribution talent (currently) Repentance instead or swapped it with this Crusader's Strike with spell damage scaling component.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am

Sounds good to me

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 am

Now it's a matter of majority turtles' opinion. Ask paladins around, direct them to this topic and let them sound their thoughts about the topic.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 am

I don't have to much to say about this but as a Paladin player it would be nice to see either option implemented.

Ulfricfan23

Post by Ulfricfan23 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:55 am

As someone who leveled a pala to 60 here,I would like if those spells from the beta were brought back.The paladin leveling was super boring because all you did was turn on the seal,do judgement,cast a seal again and then auto-attack until the mob dies.Having more combat spells can make it less boring.And who knows,maybe with those spells back,Ret Palas can be a decent DPS at endgame. happy_turtle_head

-Matt
Last edited by Ulfricfan23 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''NEVER TRUST AN ELF!'' ~Gimli
''iNhUmAn BeAsT!"~Grand Marshal Garithos

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Thumps up* from me!! Maybe there is a way we could test that before it goes life - especially regarding scaling with SPgear! There will be some issues still. Like Crusader strike causing a debuff that replaces judgement of the crusader for example.

Theres a vid on youtube showcasing the beta paladin system a bit:
- The guy in the vid says crusader strike has no cooldown. I once tested that spell on my own server where it had a cooldown.

I would like to have a non autoswing dps ability if it`s not causing too many issues.

Greetings Chlothar

Necropola

Post by Necropola » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:44 pm

Maybe Crusder Strike could scale with AP and deal+increase physical damage whereas Holy Strike could scale with SP and deal+increase holy damage.
What about (Improved) Seal of the Crusader? Remove the seal and let the talent improve Crusader Strike instead? And let Improved Seal of Righteousness also increase the damage from Holy Strike?
Last edited by Necropola on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Gone Fishing>

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 pm

These would require patch I believe and we'd need to test these first. I think it's too many changes though, so better fix one at a time.

Thornbuild

Post by Thornbuild » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:03 pm

First and foremost:
I've played the Paladin class back in the time of retail vanilla and (almost) everybody of the pally community longed for a Crusader/Holy Strike those days - me too, of course.

But I have to admit that I am not that convinced about it anymore. To add such a controllable damage ability would recuire a total overhaul of the whole Seal and Judge system. Also, it would afflict other builds (e.g. Tankadins) as well. The idea of creating it as a 31 pt talent in the Retri tree might be the best solution, if it still goes well with the Seals/Judges without beeing overpowered.

I don't wanna say "lol, no way!" but I would recommend to test it very deeply and carefully. To make the Ret.-Paladin to a overall better version of a Off-Warrior may not be the way to go. To change some elements for increasing the fun to play without damaging the class balance (lol) system is a minefield.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:08 am

I don't think anyone is suggesting we put these abilities in without testing, I think people are just excited at the idea of doing more than auto attack

Thornbuild

Post by Thornbuild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 am

IMO playing a Paladin in (group)play is more that just auto attacking. You are actually using a lot of global cooldowns for buffing, putting a consecreation, put judgements on mobs (for dmg or support), stunning mobs, switching auras (I cant see all of those pallys still using devo aura while being attacked by some frost bold casting mobs for instance) and do some off-heals. Exactly that what I expect of a protection class (rp whise).

edit: but I can and do - of course - understand that playing a Zelot-like class build has also its favours. I stay tuned what the Turtle staff will decide.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am

I would not touch the talent tree as it is now, because people play classic paladin for reason and probably like the talent trees in their actual design. I would just add those extra skills (Best would be to add just one of these, not both) to the trainer for lets say lvl 40 availability. this way the spells are optional and people can stick to the usual class design. I agree with Thorn in many points, a good paladin uses much more then his auto hit. But still there is room for 1 button-hit attack in the rotation, especially with 15min buffs.

As i stated before, i have tested both attacks on my server, which has almost the same server core. They have no op dps, you still wont reach the same dps as a warrior or rogue. It`s pretty much like having heroic strike on a warrior....you do it when you have extra rage left.....otherwise you won`t.

I personally vote for crusader strike. =)

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:31 am

Maybe...just maybe...if the staff agrees in implementing such skills. They could be the reward for a paladin class quest.

Lets say you get that quest at lvl 60`at the stormwind chapel. Maybe from that Scarlet crusade guy downstairs.
>>Repelling Darkness<< - Hunt down the deathknights Baron Rivendare and Deathknight Darkreaver and an elite demon in blasted lands or Immol`thar in DM west.
Also it could be an extension of that scarlet crusade quest line...it would be only available for humans then.

Thornbuild

Post by Thornbuild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am

(...)it would be only available for humans (...)
My dwarf Paladin would be pretty jealous crying_turtle