Implementing the garrison system but it's actually good this time, andd other features so i guess

Cachucamaru

Implementing the garrison system but it's actually good this time, andd other features so i guess

Post by Cachucamaru » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:26 am

PuTtInG tHe WaR bAcK iN wArCrAfT

So i was thinking about the garrisons and millitary centers you see in-game (Westbrook Garrison on Elwynn forest for example) and i thought to myself that DUDE WOULDN'T IT BE COOL if high ranking PvP players that have a lot of reputation with their race capitals could be the sargeants and Whatnot of these garrisons. At first, they could maybe enlist players as their subordinates, then, give quests to other players (Of course, the gold gained from the rewards would be taken out of their pockets, no exploits for me sir). And, for the completionists out there, maybe you could have an outpost progression system, So they could maybe turn their little outpost into garrisons THEN MAYBE EVEN SMALL TOWNS. That would add cool progression systems to areas so players have an influence in the whole zone (well actually just a part of it to be honest but still, that wouldn't just be like a boring draenor garrison and other players could look at your garrison and be like DUDE SO COOL I WANNA BE LIKE THAT WHEN I GROW UP).

Max limit would be an outpost/garrison for player, to not have a single person be the sole warchief of the horde/high-king of the alliance and ruin the experience for other players.

There could even be events on which players from the opposing faction would organize invasions to conquer these outposts for a while and get a bit of custom "Assault-tier" loot (That would make it so they have a reason to sink an hour or two on that). If they manage to actually conquer them, THEY would hold control of it for a timeframe (Would work kind of like a cooldown until the next assault, so they won't have their newly conquered outpost COMPLETELY MAULED by the next time they log-on again). Of course, to make it fair to the still-leveling players, probably wouldn't allow the opposing faction to hold control of garrisons that are in the beginner zones.

Other miscelaneous suggestions i could make would be hunger bars, taking all the healing stuff out of alchemy and adding it to first-aid and more options to survival, to make it so leveling professions is a bit more desirable/rewarding. Could also make it so not EVERY SINGLE TOWN has a tailor, for example, so players have to look for them, ask for directions and even be forced to visit other places semi-regularly (As is done with the survival skill, don't ever change that).

ALSO ADD A BARD-LIKE CUSTOM PROFESSION TO MAKE MY NIGHT-ELF LEARN BEE GEES (Nixxiom made a good video explaining how it would work like as an idea for a hypothetical next expansion mechanic, here's the link:

By the way PLAYER HOUSING WAS ON ALPHA SO IT'S ALRIGHT PLS DO THIS ok bye

-This post was made by Arcane Priest Gang (Just me lol)

Mikeloss

Re: Implementing the garrison system but it's actually good this time, andd other features so i guess

Post by Mikeloss » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:52 am

DUDE!!! This idea is great!!!

I have just some things to add though. Like in Eastern Plaguelands, we have Towers to conquer. But instead of having the conquering open 24/7 we could have wars every week on Wednesday or something to Hold/Conquer the building.
And in the spirit of Warcraft we could do this with objectives like Alterac Valley! A bit PVE/PVP thing. Opposing Factions have to raise their flag and hold it for 5 minutes or something like this. But first they have to kill an Elite NPC which is the Garrison's Commander.

OMG I am really excited about this idea...I think this might be something that could be pulled off. I hope the Devs consider this idea thoroughly. This progression idea is also very exciting and this totally fits Roleplaying/Community feeling and sense of purpose/belonging.

Big love! turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love_head happy_turtle

Cachucamaru

Re: Implementing the garrison system but it's actually good this time, andd other features so i guess

Post by Cachucamaru » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Mikeloss wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:52 am
DUDE!!! This idea is great!!!

I have just some things to add though. Like in Eastern Plaguelands, we have Towers to conquer. But instead of having the conquering open 24/7 we could have wars every week on Wednesday or something to Hold/Conquer the building.
And in the spirit of Warcraft we could do this with objectives like Alterac Valley! A bit PVE/PVP thing. Opposing Factions have to raise their flag and hold it for 5 minutes or something like this. But first they have to kill an Elite NPC which is the Garrison's Commander.

OMG I am really excited about this idea...I think this might be something that could be pulled off. I hope the Devs consider this idea thoroughly. This progression idea is also very exciting and this totally fits Roleplaying/Community feeling and sense of purpose/belonging.

Big love! turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love_head happy_turtle
Thank you! Glad to hear good suggestions to my ideas. I was thinking about faction garrisons but come to think of it, the plaguelands towers would be even more cool, seeing as they're in a completely neutral zone. Great idea!

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:11 pm

I would think it would be cool if the server was just RP-PvP or something, or if somehow 1, 2, or 3 contested zones could be made into PvP zones while the rest stayed as PvE. Like, for example, STV could be a PvP zone since it already has the Arena.

Alterac would be another OK one, since there's no real towns for horde or alliance, and it's between horde and alliance territory. Then the other one idk. Maybe ashenvale?

You could maybe incorporate your idea, but for me, just having the potential for world pvp and massive IC battle between horde and alliance guilds (or maybe even alliance vs alliance!) would be really cool.

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 pm

I'm absolutely against PvP-zones.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm

The game has such pvp zones, called BG`s. Just sign up and promote in global chat and they might open. Still a better chance to start a bg than finding people in a open world pvp zone. =)