Chat systems

Wyke

Chat systems

Post by Wyke » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am

Just a suggestion that may help the community when the realm goes live, I would suggest that you make a "world/global" chat channel that every player auto-joins. There is currently a /world channel in beta with a couple of users but I think this is a player created channel as I had to manually join it and use the /chatwho (5) to see if others were using it.

I think having a global chat will certainly help build the community and help players to set up RP style events. I suspect that at launch the community will not be massive, and players will quickly spread out regardless of the exp values and this could be a useful tool.

HTH

PS, the current beta system of allowing instant 60 has a small issue. While you have auto-enabled all flight paths the slight issue is that you can use both factions flight paths not just your own factions. I just flew into crossroads as an alliance, and while it has no impact I thought it was worth mentioning.

Torta

Re: Chat systems

Post by Torta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:07 am

Greetings!

It's a reasonable suggestion, we will consider implementing autojoin to /world on the first player login :)

Thank you!

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 am

Quick update, to whom it may concern: we can't force the client to join custom channel without modifying it or creating an addon. It's only possible in WotLK 3.x.x+ clients via "chatcache hack". I won't go into technical details but it's a real pain in the shell in Vanilla! Client maintains its own list and will ignore all server-side changes.

Sorry!

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:05 pm

simple solution:

SERVER BROADCAST:
"Join /world to speak to all players of your faction."

Emphasis on "YOUR faction"... not X-faction.
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Parcival

Post by Parcival » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:21 am

Indeed, a server broadcast that informs new players there exists one, should do the trick. I don't see the need for an automatic join, we are after all capable of writing /join world

And besides, there ought to be someone who prefers playing without a chat, joining world only when he requires something on a global scale (for them, being automatically joined would be a hassle)